I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I asked earlier but I don't see an answer yet.

Any idea if Google Wallet will work or has Verizon blocked it?

Also, has anyone tried FoxFi to see if it will work via WiFi?

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's loud.

And I"m not picking for you. They're both very good phones.

While I appreciate you're encouraging my freedom of choice... I currently am in a situation where I have a GS3 but am able to return it for a DNA if I act on it fast. Thus I would GREATLY appreciate your insight on this. I realize they're both great phones. But seriously, if you could please tip the scales one side or the other and offer some assistance in making this decision easier for me... that would be truly appreciated. Thank you

michael4man

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
We have seen cases from mophie and other companies that extend battery life, with more phones coming out with limited storage such as the Nexus 4 and the DNA, do you think its plausible for a company like them to make a case that extends battery life and that you could plug in a micro SD card to extend storage since you can mount USB devices on a lot of newer devices?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
While I appreciate you're encouraging my freedom of choice... I currently am in a situation where I have a GS3 but am able to return it for a DNA if I act on it fast. Thus I would GREATLY appreciate your insight on this. I realize they're both great phones. But seriously, if you could please tip the scales one side or the other and offer some assistance in making this decision easier for me... that would be truly appreciated. Thank you

I think you just need to look at a couple of things.

1. Battery - this will probably be about the same as the S3. But the S3 has a removable battery.

2. Removable sd - is it important to you?

3. 16GB of memory - is this enough for you? If you need more the S3 wins.

Other than that the DNA is superior in screen quality, camera and overall horsepower.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

lewlipton

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You've talked a bit about battery life in general, but I'm especially interested in battery life when using GPS, as I like to use my phones for directions and tracking hikes etc. when I can't plug in. Would appreciate any data you can get, though I recognize it might not be highest on your list, and it likely would be of interest to others. You do a great job. Thanks.

Lew

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Phil,

Does the phone look to be serviceable?

i.e.

battery removal and replacement?

I am not so much worried about battery life. It just seems to me that with all of the great internals of this phone it should/could last a long time. i.e more than a two year contract... and the one year warranty....

Are these new super phones being designed to be disposable?

I keep my phones in a case and with a screen protector, but I have no control over a battery that goes bad....

Thanks

Cameron

NightAngel79

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Is the rear speaker LOUD? and if you had to chose between the GS3 and DNA for 1-2 years... which would you take? Thanks

DNA all day

I see a coupla tweety birds, an email icon, Google +, all on the notification bar. Just coincidence that they're all white in color or are notifications all monochrome?

Pretty sure the g+ was the standard red, the email is white cause it is a .edu account, when I have a yahoo it is the little blue yahoo icon

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
And I"m not picking for you. They're both very good phones

Dude. It's your opinion we want (shows ya what it means around these parts), not the choice made for us.

So, desert island. Plenty of electricity for chargers and plenty of VZW signal strength. ;-) You can only have 1 phone with you to call for rescue and play with while you wait for your ship to come in. Is it gonna be the Maxx HD, the Note 2, the S3, or the DNA? (just to throw in a couple of other phones to make this good ;-) ) Or maybe some other phone?

alaurita

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Does the DNA support threaded group sms/mms out of the box like Droid Razr Maxx or the iPhone for that matter. If I am not mistaken the Rezound and Incredible 4g LTE DO support this function, but the Incredible 2 and Rhyme do not. Does this phone have that feature in the HTC Messaging app?

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just putting this out there but I think HTC will take strong feedback like another company did *cough Nexus 7* and release a 32gb version. Now I would enjoy a model with a larger battery and I could see HTC follow Moto in the say method that Maxx takes. All in all most people can live with using cloud storage now a days. Just don't see them surviving another phone with only complaint, yet again, is battery life. I expect a second model with changes to battery / internal storage.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you just need to look at a couple of things.

1. Battery - this will probably be about the same as the S3. But the S3 has a removable battery.

2. Removable sd - is it important to you?

3. 16GB of memory - is this enough for you? If you need more the S3 wins.

Other than that the DNA is superior in screen quality, camera and overall horsepower.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

What he said.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just putting this out there but I think HTC will take strong feedback like another company did *cough Nexus 7* and release a 32gb version. Now I would enjoy a model with a larger battery and I could see HTC follow Moto in the say method that Maxx takes. All in all most people can live with using cloud storage now a days. Just don't see them surviving another phone with only complaint, yet again, is battery life. I expect a second model with changes to battery / internal storage.

Why do you think 16GB was HTC's decision?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
We have seen cases from mophie and other companies that extend battery life, with more phones coming out with limited storage such as the Nexus 4 and the DNA, do you think its plausible for a company like them to make a case that extends battery life and that you could plug in a micro SD card to extend storage since you can mount USB devices on a lot of newer devices?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Possible? Sure. Likely? No. (Especially with that ridiculous door over the microUSB port)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800