I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

Matto2007

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if a touchstone charger will work with this phone. Those are really cheap and there really does not seem to be very many other qi charging mats out there for sale now.

ApexPredation

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll jump in to help try and answer questions too. I'm doing a full heavy use day and I will post a screen shot later. I can confirm that the battery is doing great so far. Especially when compared to a gnex and rezound.

Sent from my DROID DNA

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

D_Ar1zzl3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is great. I almost pre-ordered the day it was announced (since I've been following the leaks on this phone for a while now mainly from this site), but held back after seeing the specs on battery and non-expandable storage...

However, the accessories mentioned by other members here are convincing me more and more to go with this phone over the GN II. Which even though they're not direct competitors, I think it's the closest phone that matches up to the DNA (the Nexus 4 doesn't cut it IMO). However, I'm waiting to see the reviews on battery life before I take the plunge. Any ideas when you guys will release your official review of the phone?

To me, as long as the phone lasts from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed (~15-16 hours) with moderate-to-heavy use, then I'm happy. But I'm still a bit concerned on that 11GB of usable storage (which can be more with a cleaned up or slimmed down custom ROM). However, since I'd have to pay the full retail price since my "upgrade eligibility" is not until July of 2013, the DNA would cost $100 less... and I guess that makes up for the smaller battery and no microSD slot... :-\

Last edited:

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I've read about HTC, their design process/criteria, and the surveys they've taken which they use to justify the choices they make for hardware. (See articles from six months ago, "our customers want thin".)
I also see their sales and market share.

Perhaps they should try to attract customers who are more interested in performance, rather than looks. Like the million enthusiasts here on AC.

Just saying.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

I am 100% with you. However you should keep in mind that while the 1 million of us here love performance, the other 10 million customers just want the phone to physically look good.

dekend

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Do we know if the wireless charging is Qi compatible?

Could you test it with a palm touchstone if you happen to have one that is :)

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Of course it would alter the design of the phone! You are acting like they designed the chassis first then tried to fit what they can. It should be opposite, design internals then wrap it. Obviously it is a harmony of the two. NO ONE would have cared if the phone was 1mm thicker!!!!! NO ONE! In fact i would bet you 9 out of 10 people would opt for larger battery. It would have been a killer!! Not that it isnt, just more so.

For doing this, i call them stupid! Do a survey, conduct market research, whatever, it is easy to see people want battery life to do all thw awesome stuff a smart phone does all day. It is simple as that. Any company that doesnt recognize that is stupid.

This is just my opinion!

I would LOVE to see what the automobile looks like that you design.

n8mack33

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Do we know if the wireless charging is Qi compatible?

Could you test it with a palm touchstone if you happen to have one that is :)

This has been answered a bunch of times. YES - it is Qi compatible. Verizon is going to sell an LG charging station but other charging stations that are Qi compatible should work also.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was very interested in this phone till I found out there is no SD card slot. I like my music and being able to save photos. It is definitely a deal breaker for me not having this. I can't believe they make a high end device without an SD slot. It isn't so much about the battery as it is for no micro SD card capabilities. I have always used HTC guess now I won't.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I was very interested in this phone till I found out there is no SD card slot. I like my music and being able to save photos. It is definitely a deal breaker for me not having this. I can't believe they make a high end device without an SD slot. It isn't so much about the battery as it is for no micro SD card capabilities. I have always used HTC guess now I won't.

cloud, cloud, cloud. If you need music that bad and do not have cell or wifi get a $20 mp3

jrf1009

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, "The Cloud". That's exactly where Verizon wants you to go now that they're eliminating unlimited data plans with new phone purchases. Stream, stream, stream. Store all your pictures and movies and games in the cloud. Can anyone spell overage charges? I'll take a sd card and removable battery all day any day. And Janet, you hit the nail right on the head. There's a reason that HTC is losing market share. Really wanted to love this phone.

ChrisFricke

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Can one of you put the DNA side by side with an iPhone5 and give an opinion as to image quality between the two? Home screen, apps, photos, video playback, etc. Are the extra pixels noticeable next to the "coveted" retina display? If Apple marketing is to be believed the quality should be perceived as pretty much identical.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888