I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

ohio2010

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I travel quite a bit and would like to know if you can watch an entire movie 2+ hrs (in airplane mode) and still have battery to call a cab once on the ground.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is very important to me and that's my main concern I do wish it would had come with more internal storage. Plenty of legit questions here.
But I'm surprised these questions hadn't been asked, we buy a phone to be used for that the rest should be second to call quality and signal strengths. So my questions to those whom have this phone how is the signal strength, have you had dropped calls? How loud is the speaker on the phone? Living in the country I've got to have a phone with a great radio in it to get calls in and out, this is where my rezound shines . Please if someone can get into a fringe area with this phone and test it instead ad right smack in the middle of several cell towers and report on the radio signal this would be great.

James

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as well about the radio. My GNEX has all sorts of issues where I either have to reboot it or put it in/out of airplane mode to get my data signal back. My TBolt always had a rock solid signal and never lost it. Also, are you able to toggle between 3G and 4G?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you do not run the brightness at 100% for the entire 4-5 hours, I believe it will. Also, are you gaming/watching video, or just using web/widgets? I think it depends on what your are doing, but I also believe this phone will handle it. If you can give me an idea of what you will be doing I can run some tests.

Mostly Web surfing. Posting on this awesome forum. I have a few widgets but don't listen to much music on my phone. Lots of Texting, Facebook etc. Pretty normal stuff.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
cloud, cloud, cloud. If you need music that bad and do not have cell or wifi get a $20 mp3

Why should you have to buy another device when this phone is geared towards entertainment (Music, Photo, Video). This is going to be a serious issue for a lot of people that have grown to use their phones as their entertainment device.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So if the phone as gorilla glass, does that mean it won't scratch and won't need a screen protector??

You shouldn't need one. Gorilla glass is very scratch resistant so I never use a screen protector any more. My SGS2 doesn't have a scratch after more than a year.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It comes with 5 home screens, but you can add two more. The wallpaper does not scroll, it remains static, like it did on the Rezound.

Ah, ok cool. Was gonna say .. heck, even the Bolt comes with 7! ;-) Of course we can't add any to that either.

Thanks to both you and Phil!

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, so for everyone complaining about Storage, here are screen shots of how much space i am using....
View attachment 46498View attachment 46499

How much space are you REALLY using???? i think i could fit everything i need on the DNA and still have space.

Screenshots don't seem to work, but some people actually do use their space for a variety of purposes, usually for carrying music on the go.
I used to think that no SD card was a deal breaker for me, but I've come to terms with it by now. With my Droid Incredible's 8GB onboard, I'm hardly using any of it.
Every time I install games on it, I never play it, haha. It's too small to watch any real video on, and for music, I feel listening to music on the phone is a compromise at best. It's probably way better to just stream from a radio app instead. Personally, I listen to music stored on my old 120GB iPod via its line-out fed into a portable headphone amp, but that's just me. :p

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Good question. How are apps and web sites scaling to the new resolution. Is the experience pleasant in terms of quality.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Currently, not apps support the new screen. In some cases, you may need the HD version - Angry Birds Space for example.

I had a problem with swiftkey3, too, so, I am trying the default keyboard, which, is actually quite nice. The swiftkey3 keyboard disappeared, while trying to set up permissions for the Amazon App store. Switching back to the default keyboard solved the problem.

nisxan

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, so for everyone complaining about Storage, here are screen shots of how much space i am using....
View attachment 46498View attachment 46499

How much space are you REALLY using???? i think i could fit everything i need on the DNA and still have space.

Well....I'm have 4.59GB available on my Droid X (on the device), but only have 1GB available on my 16GB SD card (after clearing some stuff off and archiving it). So, yeah, storage options are important for me.