I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

JDStone1

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Readin' THAT loud and clear .. coupled with the new data plan tiers. Pardon while I go back and thumb through the "keeping unlimited data" thread ....

I was able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I was concerned about that as well. So when I walked into the Verizon store to pre-order the phone and finally got my turn to talk to someone, I said...

ME: "I'd like to pre-order the HTC DNA, but first I would like to know about keeping my unlimited data plan. I heard that if I do the upgrade on a different line (like my moms line/number) and then transfer the new phone (upgrade) to my line/number, I get the keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan"
Verizon Associate/Person/Rep: "I can't tell you that, but if you figured that out on your own, then yes."

Those were her exact words! I have now done just that and can confirm I still have my unlimited data plan!

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I was able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I was concerned about that as well. So when I walked into the Verizon store to pre-order the phone and finally got my turn to talk to someone, I said...

ME: "I'd like to pre-order the HTC DNA, but first I would like to know about keeping my unlimited data plan. I heard that if I do the upgrade on a different line (like my moms line/number) and then transfer the new phone (upgrade) to my line/number, I get the keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan"
Verizon Associate/Person/Rep: "I can't tell you that, but if you figured that out on your own, then yes."

Those were her exact words! I have now done just that and can confirm I still have my unlimited data plan!

I have My unlimited data plan too!!! my last phone i got just under 6 months ago was the Rezound. The way i got the DNA was......by using my Xoom's phone line upgrade that IS OUT SIDE Of my Family plan...

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just words of warning to anyone who is taking upgrade from a DIFFERENT family/friend members acct that is not on same acct as yourself. You VOID your 1 year warranty so please protect your device with other options.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Just words of warning to anyone who is taking upgrade from a DIFFERENT family/friend members acct that is not on same acct as yourself. You VOID your 1 year warranty so please protect your device with other options.

Yea, My Rep told me that by Moving my DNA from its Orginal upgrade line to my line does Void the Warranty....BUT AS long as you have Insurance on the Line you ARE MOVING the phone 2 you ARE covered warranty wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, My Rep told me that by Moving my DNA from its Orginal upgrade line to my line does Void the Warranty....BUT AS long as you have Insurance on the Line you ARE MOVING the phone 2 you ARE covered warranty wise.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a question in reference to adding new contacts. How do I get it to default to 'Google" instead of "phone"? Can't to seem find a setting anywhere. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I hear people talking about storage being a problem, but doesn't Google Drive make up for that? You can store anything in google's cloud. Pics/ Videos always end up taking the most space for me and It's so easy to just put them in google's cloud. You even have an option for certain items to be available offline or stored on the phone.

Sure, but then you're always using data to access that stuff, and you have to have a connection.. so if you happen to be in a place without signal or wifi, what do you do?

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

I have My unlimited data plan too!!! my last phone i got just under 6 months ago was the Rezound. The way i got the DNA was......by using my Xoom's phone line upgrade that IS OUT SIDE Of my Family plan...

Did you guys have to activate the DNA on the intermediate line first or did you just go straight to activating it on your line when you got it? I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question but can't get a definitive answer!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

hotmonkas

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

this is only true if the two lines are not both under the same account. if the two lines are under the same family plan, then the warranty stays. at least that's what the rep told me yesterday when i got my DNA and did the same thing you described

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think most of us follow your point..... :)

I wonder if it could be argued that it's "Restraint of Trade" for Verizon to force HTC to "gimp" their phone so it didn't compete directly with Verizon's more expensive flagship phone, the Razr Maxx HD? (No SD slot, small battery and only 16GB.)

Hang on... Sounds like you think it has something to do with the DNA competing in sales with another phone. I don't believe that to be the heart of the matter at all. Carriers don't make their money by selling phones, they make their money on your voice/data packages. To that end, I think what's being insinuated is that Verizon had a hand in neutering the on-board storage so that people would be more reliant on streaming and cloud storage, thus potentially increasing their bandwidth and their monthly bills (especially with their new tiered data plans).

I'm up for an upgrade from my TBolt, and I'm having the hardest time deciding between this phone (with its snappy processor, gorgeous screen, but lacking storage and unproven battery), the Note 2 (which has favorable hardware specs but may be too big for my liking, plus TouchWiz blah), and the GS3 (which has the least favorable hardware specs of the three and, again, TouchWiz). Anyone got info on any other viable options coming down the pike for Verizon?

Last edited:

deltaden

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I can receive emails, but my DNA does not send. Settings problem?

Thanks anyone

Also, any tips on how to add my "Incredimail Contacts" to my DNA.

Also, I can't find the contacts icon on my DNA

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hang on... Sounds like you think it has something to do with the DNA competing in sales with another phone. I don't believe that to be the heart of the matter at all. Carriers don't make their money by selling phones, they make their money on your voice/data packages. To that end, I think what's being insinuated is that Verizon had a hand in neutering the on-board storage so that people would be more reliant on streaming and cloud storage, thus potentially increasing their bandwidth and their monthly bills (especially with their new tiered data plans).

I'm up for an upgrade from my TBolt, and I'm having the hardest time deciding between this phone (with its snappy processor, gorgeous screen, but lacking storage and unproven battery), the Note 2 (which has favorable hardware specs but may be too big for my liking, plus TouchWiz blah), and the GS3 (which has the least favorable hardware specs of the three and, again, TouchWiz). Anyone got info on any other viable options coming down the pike for Verizon?

To this day I'd still take my gs3 over the dna.

Quad core pro isn't needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought one today because my Dinc 2 tanked on me yesterday and also to try til the Note2 comes out Thursday however my wife says this will be her new phone.

It is very nice but I can't wait til Thursday.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not liking the user interface on this phone, whether it's sense or jb I don't know, last phone was gb.

Ok, after playing with it some more, it's becoming more usable.

The Nottinator

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs