Early Upgrade

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been on the phone for hours to try and get my upgrade earlier. I really want this phone but none of the supervisors will do it for me. I have been polite and patient and didn't even get mad at them. I have been very nice.

I don't get why or how others have been successful?!?

My contract ends June 2013.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
They are probably not going to let you upgrade until a month, maybe two from your upgrade date listed on your account. I was told by a CSR when I was trying to move my wife's upgrade up early to pre-order Galaxy 3 during the summer, that they don't move upgrades up early for pre-orders. They could only do it for a phone already for sale. I was able to do the early upgrade but I had to get a Nexus instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Then I will wait till next week when it goes on sale and try my luck then.

Thank you for the reply!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If your upgrade is in June of 2013 I'm pretty sure they're not going to move it for you, regardless of whether or not the phone is out or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CLTnik

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I called and they told me that you can walk into store and they will let you upgrade up to 3 months early.
You just have to ask for manager's approval.
Just tell them you talked to the CS and they told you to do this.
Of course wait until march 2013 lol.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am surprised with those that have an upgrade this month and them not letting you use it. I could have sworn that they let EVERYONE within 30 days slide for the SGS3. I know that they kept offering me one but i did not want to reup with them

eljoker

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I used to be a manager at a store once. 20 months on a 24 month contract was the upgrade. That was 4 months before your contract expired, hence early upgrade. Most we could do was 1 month in advance unless,you had an annual upgrade or issues with,your,phone and I mean real issues and then it was A PITA to get it done.