Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 161
Like Tree51Likes
  1. #51  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,340 Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    WE NEED TO GET THIS TO CEO: PETER CHOU

    Ok, I am a smartphone aficionado, and I love everything technology. My friends even refer to me as The Technologist. HTC has the best android phones and android overlay (HTC sense), but your recent "flagship" phones have missed a few crucial elements, and your whole release model (which carriers get which phones) just has problems.

    HTC's recent profits have seen huge hits, your sales are far lower than last year. Here is what you need to do to turn HTC around:
    1. Low storage, low ram, or too small a battery. These are easy fixes. Any new phone should have 32gb, flagships should have 64gb (especially if no sd card slot...). It should have at least 2GB of RAM (pretty big fail with the OneX+). Battery should be of sufficient size to give you battery life that lasts the entire day (obviously will differ depending on screen, cpu, etc.). These are the areas where the One X failed...if these key elements (along with #2) had been taken care of, you could have seen exponentially different sales for the One X, and it could have been a real contender to the Galaxy S3.
    2. You need to release your phones on every carrier as the same model. DO NOT do anymore of these carrier specific phones. Just look at Samsung's success with the Galaxy S3. They released the same phone on all carriers, so they could do all branding/marketing for ONE phone with ONE name. And look, it is the best selling smartphone, even beating out the iphone 4s or iphone 5.
    3. The HTC DNA is ALMOST the most amazing phone ever released... PLEASE release a version on AT&T with just 2 changes: upgrade to 64gb and give it a bigger battery. Then release it on ALL carriers everywhere with the SAME NAME. This phone will sell through the roof!

    HTC has so much potential, if only the above missteps can be rectified...you can easily overtake samsung. Your phones are superior in almost every way, unfortunately these few key things you are missing are killing your sales, market, and company. I would love to talk to someone and help give more advice on the things mentioned above and many other things that will completely change HTC as a brand and turn it into the powerhouse smartphone manufacturer it has the potential to be.

    We need HTC to succeed. The android smartphone world cannot be ruled by Samsung. And the superior Android platform needs to start taking market from Apple and the iPhone...HTC has the potential to make this happen.

    COMMENT ON THESE FACEBOOK THREADS:
    PLEASE PASS ON TO... | Facebook
    PLEASE PASS ON TO... | Facebook
    I don't consider this a rant nor childish. You just like HTC and want it to meet the standards of other great selling phones. I want to love HTC as well, but I am no longer holding my breath waiting for it to compete. And for those who want to slam my compete comment, please remember that this is my opinion and I am not trying to force it upon anyone else.
    ~Janet~
    Thanked by 2:
    TheAutoMomma and natenrb9 like this.
  2. #52  
    StuartV's Avatar
    Allergic to Stupid

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    I really liked my Thunderbolt. And I really, really like my Rezound. And I really, really wanted to like the DNA.

    There is no point in arguing about how HTC came to the decision to make their phones the way they have. The point is that it's evident that their process doesn't work. Their sales show that.

    Personally, if I had to get a new phone before the end of the year, it would not be the DNA. It would be a GS3 or a Note 2. And that is purely based on features - specifically, features that the DNA lacks that those others have. Features that I want. My Rezound has a microSD slot that supports 64GB cards, and it has a swappable battery. I take full advantage of both those facts and will not change to a phone where I lose either of those. And, I think if HTC had included those features in the DNA, the DNA would have the same appeal to the people who like it now, but would also have appeal to additional people (like me). In other words, it seems to me to be a No-Lose proposition for HTC to have included those features. Making the display higher rez doesn't let me actually DO anything more with the phone. Making it thinner doesn't let me DO anything more with the phone. Putting a bigger battery in and letting me swap it out when I need to WOULD let me do more. Putting a microSD slot in it WOULD let me do more. Having SVDO, so I can talk on the phone and still use my phone as a hotspot for my tablet or laptop, while I'm on a 3G data connection WOULD let me do more. HTC used to "get" this. Now, it seems that they have lost their way.

    One of their problems is... Google wants to drive everybody to use their Cloud. Thus, Google's push for less internal storage and their totally baloney "explanations" for why they are pushing to eliminate SD/microSD slots on phones. If you store all your data (music, videos, photos, email, contacts, browser Favorites, calendar, etc.) in the Google Cloud, they can mine all that data. They can see what music and videos you like. How often you listen to or watch each song or video. Where you are buying your music and videos (or if you're pirating them). They can see who your friends are and what you are emailing each other about. They can your (and your Contacts') birthday, where you live, where you work, your phone numbers and email addresses. Potentially, they can see what credit cards you have (obviously, if you use Google Wallet or Google Checkout). They can see who your Facebook friends are. They can see where you're traveling to or hanging out at. They can use the geo info in your pics and facial recognition to see where you were and who you were taking pictures of.

    And then they can turn around and aggregate all that data and sell it. Marketers will pay serious money to know that their ad for WidgetX is being displayed specifically to someone who has been talking about WidgetX in their email or visiting websites about WidgetX. Want to sell Wolverine dolls? Pay Google to show ads to people who've been watching any of the X-Men movies.

    At the same time, most carriers are doing away with Unlimited Data. So, the carriers are financially incented to make sure you can only buy a phone that won't hold all your music and videos, so you have to listen to your songs (which you own) by storing them in the Google Cloud or Dropbox or wherever and then pay your carrier for the data usage that it takes to stream it to your device.

    All of this combined is why I use an Android phone but I don't use GMail or Chrome. My email, calendar and contacts are all stored on a private Exchange server. My phone is not backed up to Google. They don't see my Web Favorites or where I surf. They do get my search terms and what links I click on google.com, of course. I don't have Privacy Paranoia. But, I think it makes sense to take the reasonably easy steps that are available to protect my privacy. I have enough local storage on my phone for all my MP3s, so I don't have to carry around my iPod just so I can listen to whatever I want whenever I want to - even if I'm out of cell coverage or on a plane - and I don't have to pay Verizon for data usage to stream it from somewhere.

    So, of course, between Google and Verizon/AT&T/etc, HTC is going to feel a lot of pressure to offer phones with ridiculously small amounts of internal storage. And a non-swappable battery, so that when the battery stops working so well after a year or so, you'll just buy a whole new phone, instead of replacing the battery.

    They may feel like they're caving to the demands of Google and the carriers in order to stay afloat. But, every quarter the numbers are showing that what they are doing is letting the carriers slowly force them out of business. I'd say they need to man up and design phones that we actually want and, if Verizon (for example) refuses to carry it, then HTC should tell them to stick it and just not have a phone for sale through Verizon.

    It is sad that HTC is making a phone like the DNA and people like me (mobile professionals, tech geeks, frequent travelers, outdoorspersons) will choose to buy a Samsung phone instead just because of a lack of features that they have had before and could have easily included in the DNA.
    Thanked by 2:
    TheAutoMomma and natenrb9 like this.
  3. #53  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    6,393 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    I agree, it seems like they either do not get the research or they aren't doing it at all. The concept of a super-phone is exactly what consumers are begging for and I think they'd be willing to pay more for it. It seems like all of these compromises are made with "thinness" and "cutting costs" as the primary drivers. Both of these are misguided motivations considering they both fly in the face of the actual desires of the people who buy the phones.
    Thanked by:
    natenrb9 likes this.
  4. #54  
    kygator13's Avatar

    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Well stated my friend. I am also a tech junkie and phones are my passion to play with and just find out what I can do with them. I hope HTC releases the DNA on att. I think HTC makes the best handsets in the industry and hope they make a great comeback!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    natenrb9 likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Holy sh@t if 16gb becomes the new standard I'll have to settle with a boring iphone eventually. God I hope not! I want my music on my device in case I don't have a signal in the gym and wifi is crappy there. Add games and apps to that. Then what good is shooting a 1080p video of my daughter's orchestra concert if there isn't any space left? I like HTC but they won't get my money on this one. I'm not complaining; there's other options out there...
    Thanked by:
    skatergirl and natenrb9 like this.
  6. #56  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I don't think HTC has much power with Verizon at all
    Fixed it.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    skatergirl likes this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Fixed it.
    Made me laugh.

    Sad, but true.
    skatergirl likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    natenrb9's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Dude. Get. A. Grip.

    He gave you valid criticisms of what you wrote, and important reasons why HTC handsets have the features they have, and your only retort is that he must work for HTC or their PR firm.
    Get a grip? Please read the entire thread, so you can leave a helpful comment.

    The problem is Ry's comments are completely non-constructive. The point of this particular thread is to help HTC achieve the greatness that they almost have on their newest phones, but completely miss because of extremely key things left out. There is no need to hear excuses why they are making these mistakes, we can hear those from HTC.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    natenrb9's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    lol. I'm used to it.
    Ok, seriously Ry. I think the users of AndroidCentral.com have a right to know your true motivations. You have left 2,948 posts, and from what I can see most are completely non-constructive and only offer excuses, without really trying to help improve android, the manufacturers, and whatever deals go on with the carriers.

    It is of absolutely no help to offer excuses for HTC or any other manufacturer. They can do this themselves. This thread in particular is to help HTC improve their phones to what the market wants, you only need to see the popularity of the Galaxy S3 (2gb of ram, expandable memory slot, removable battery, and on every carrier) and the sinking sales/profits of HTC to see this. If you are simply fine with the status quo and just want to "help" out the manufacturers and carriers by offering excuses for them, don't bother posting in forums, you can simply live your life buying your favorite android/iphone phone that comes out (without worrying about what it is missing) like 99% of all other consumers.
  10. #60  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    Get a grip? Please read the entire thread, so you can leave a helpful comment.

    The problem is Ry's comments are completely non-constructive. The point of this particular thread is to help HTC achieve the greatness that they almost have on their newest phones, but completely miss because of extremely key things left out. There is no need to hear excuses why they are making these mistakes, we can hear those from HTC.
    If you want to make it personal - actually, I won't go there. I don't need to play at the bottom.

    You see what I post as excuses. Others see it as explanations. There's a reason HTC is in the position they're in and you don't want to hear it. Your solution is to make a 64GB DROID DNA with expandable memory and a user-replaceable battery. That will solve ALL of HTC's issues.

    There's WAY more to it than that.

    HTC needs to stop investing in things like OnLive and Beats.

    HTC needs to better market their devices.

    REGULAR consumers hardly know what phones are HTC phones. Everyone knows about the iPhone. Everyone knows about the Galaxy S3.

    I don't know anyone that bought an Galaxy S3 because it has SD card slot and a user-replaceable battery. They bought the Galaxy S3 because it was well-marketed to them.



    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    Ok, seriously Ry. I think the users of AndroidCentral.com have a right to know your true motivations. You have left 2,948 posts, and from what I can see most are completely non-constructive and only offer excuses, without really trying to help improve android, the manufacturers, and whatever deals go on with the carriers.

    It is of absolutely no help to offer excuses for HTC or any other manufacturer. They can do this themselves. This thread in particular is to help HTC improve their phones to what the market wants, you only need to see the popularity of the Galaxy S3 (2gb of ram, expandable memory slot, removable battery, and on every carrier) and the sinking sales/profits of HTC to see this. If you are simply fine with the status quo and just want to "help" out the manufacturers and carriers by offering excuses for them, don't bother posting in forums, you can simply live your life buying your favorite android/iphone phone that comes out (without worrying about what it is missing) like 99% of all other consumers.
    So you consider yourself an expert on what general consumers want? If you want change at HTC, stop buying HTC products.

    HTC is a little fish. They have never created and marketed a product that had the hype and following that an iPhone has. They have never created and marketed a product that had the hype and following that the Galaxy S3 has. That's not at excuse. That's the truth.

    Carriers probably had the opportunity to take all three One series phones. AT&T bit on the One X. T-Mobile bit on the One S. Maybe HTC should have never even developed the One S. Maybe AT&T asked for exclusivity on the One X. What is HTC supposed to do? Say no?! Again, THEY ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO DICTATE TERMS TO CARRIERS. What if they said no to AT&T and AT&T decided not to carry the One X? HTC would be in even more trouble.

    You want HTC to create a take it or leave it product. If they make that product and carriers in the US say no, where does that leave HTC? HTC has no leverage.
    Last edited by Ry; 11-15-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    natenrb9's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    If you want to make it personal - actually, I won't go there. I don't need to play at the bottom.

    You see what I post as excuses. Others see it as explanations. There's a reason HTC is in the position they're in and you don't want to hear it. Your solution is to make a 64GB DROID DNA with expandable memory and a user-replaceable battery. That will solve ALL of HTC's issues.

    There's WAY more to it than that.

    HTC needs to stop investing in things like OnLive and Beats.

    HTC needs to better market their devices.

    REGULAR consumers hardly know what phones are HTC phones. Everyone knows about the iPhone. Everyone knows about the Galaxy S3.

    I don't know anyone that bought an Galaxy S3 because it has SD card slot and a user-replaceable battery. They bought the Galaxy S3 because it was well-marketed to them.

    So you consider yourself an expert on what general consumers want? If you want change at HTC, stop buying HTC products.

    HTC is a little fish. They have never created and marketed a product that had the hype and following that an iPhone has. They have never created and marketed a product that had the hype and following that the Galaxy S3 has. That's not at excuse. That's the truth.

    Carriers probably had the opportunity to take all three One series phones. AT&T bit on the One X. T-Mobile bit on the One S. Maybe HTC should have never even developed the One S. Maybe AT&T asked for exclusivity on the One X. What is HTC supposed to do? Say no?! Again, THEY ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO DICTATE TERMS TO CARRIERS. What if they said no to AT&T and AT&T decided not to carry the One X? HTC would be in even more trouble.

    You want HTC to create a take it or leave it product. If they make that product and carriers in the US say no, where does that leave HTC? HTC has no leverage.
    There we go Ry, there is some constructive feedback! Yes, I fully agree HTC needs to market better, but along with giving the consumers what they want. Many keep pointing it Samsung's marketing, but that isn't all they have, if their phone was crap it wouldn't sell. The S3 just happens to be not only the best selling android phone, but also the best selling smartphone, and this is just because of marketing? No, I am pretty sure the fact that it has an SD card slot, removable battery, and 2gb of ram have helped it to completely swamp the One X.

    This makes no sense: "I don't know anyone that bought an Galaxy S3 because it has SD card slot and a user-replaceable battery. They bought the Galaxy S3 because it was well-marketed to them." Everyone I know who has an S3 bought it with these things heavily on mind. These are some of the main advantages over an iphone, among other things of course.

    Now, why do I keep cheering for HTC. HTC has far superior: screens (One X and DNA), Sense (easily bests touchwiz and other competitors, although LG's Optimus G version is looking pretty good), and their phone build quality is far superior. These other problems seem like easy fixes to me...just put in enough ram, memory space (or sd card slot), and a removable or big enough battery. Of course the carrier problem is a bit more difficult...
  12. #62  
    StuartV's Avatar
    Allergic to Stupid

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    HTC needs to stop investing in things like OnLive and Beats.
    Really? How many sales do you think that cost them? Beats and the included earbuds were one (just one) of the things that attracted me to the Rezound. How many people do you think "would've bought that phone if it didn't have Beats and included earbuds"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    HTC needs to better market their devices.
    Sure do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I don't know anyone that bought an Galaxy S3 because it has SD card slot and a user-replaceable battery. They bought the Galaxy S3 because it was well-marketed to them.
    Well-marketed AND a really good, feature-rich product! So many bought them because they didn't know much about them, AND there were no (or very few) tech geek friends of theirs out there telling them "no, don't buy that phone. It doesn't have XYZ feature that you'll really want." And no tech blogs or websites telling them that, either. Much unlike the DNA.

    When I replace my Rezound, I would definitely go to an S3 or a Note 2 precisely because they DO have those features and the DNA does not.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    ..The S3 just happens to be not only the best selling android phone, but also the best selling smartphone, and this is just because of marketing? No, I am pretty sure the fact that it has an SD card slot, removable battery, and 2gb of ram have helped it to completely swamp the One X.
    ..
    No way. This is the tiniest of factors in their overall sales. Now if you look at sales to tech savvy folks, it sways people. However, other than tech geeks like us and folks in these forums, few regular folks are or even know about about SD slots, removable batteries, or RAM. Go into a mall and ask a random person how much RAM their phone has. See what answers you get
  14. #64  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    There we go Ry, there is some constructive feedback! Yes, I fully agree HTC needs to market better, but along with giving the consumers what they want. Many keep pointing it Samsung's marketing, but that isn't all they have, if their phone was crap it wouldn't sell. The S3 just happens to be not only the best selling android phone, but also the best selling smartphone, and this is just because of marketing? No, I am pretty sure the fact that it has an SD card slot, removable battery, and 2gb of ram have helped it to completely swamp the One X.
    Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    I already talked about marketing.

    The Galaxy S3 is heavily marketed. That's why it's selling. Regular customers don't care that much about the specs. If you believe that, you're really kidding yourself. The One X was hardly mentioned. Regular consumers didn't even know about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    This makes no sense: "I don't know anyone that bought an Galaxy S3 because it has SD card slot and a user-replaceable battery. They bought the Galaxy S3 because it was well-marketed to them." Everyone I know who has an S3 bought it with these things heavily on mind. These are some of the main advantages over an iphone, among other things of course.
    For the supposed "tech savvy", it doesn't make sense. But for REGULAR customers - it does. Because of marketing, regular people knew about this phone. My sister didn't care about the specs. Nor did any of my non-"tech savvy" friends who also went out and bought a Galaxy S3.

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    Now, why do I keep cheering for HTC. HTC has far superior: screens (One X and DNA), Sense (easily bests touchwiz and other competitors, although LG's Optimus G version is looking pretty good), and their phone build quality is far superior. These other problems seem like easy fixes to me...just put in enough ram, memory space (or sd card slot), and a removable or big enough battery. Of course the carrier problem is a bit more difficult...
    Who makes the screens for HTC? Is HTC in the business of manufacturing their own screens or can anyone else source the same screens HTC is using?

    Sense vs. TouchWiz. If anything, Motorola's latest Blur wins on being lightweight - near stock Android without being stock Android. What does Sense have going for it? Better camera software?

    My thing is - regular consumers don't see 1 GB RAM, only 16GB of internal memory, lack of an SD card slot, or lack of a removable battery as problems. If it works, it works.

    You'll probably point to the multitasking issue on the One X. I pointed to Alex Dobie's comments on the Android Central podcast about the One X+. Will the DROID DNA have supposed multitasking issues? Or will it be like the One X+?

    Do we have enough evidence that a 2020 mAh battery is going to suck? How many people have reviewed the DROID DNA?

    Bottom line: it's about getting more eyeballs looking at HTC. It's about putting the marketing effort behind your products. Not specs.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    The basic fact is that us tech-savvy people, and fans of a particular product or technology will be the most riled up about things being "wrong", "missing", or "ignored."
    However, no matter what it is, the enthusiast population that exist on various boards, although the most vocal, will always be the <1% minority in the grand scheme of things.

    Everyone on these boards share a common interest, and precisely because of that, we all know basic stuff about phones. However, even the 1 million of us on AC pales in comparison to the number of people actually buying phones.
    Average people are swayed much more heavily by marketing, and marketing is all about spinning what you have, not what you don't have.

    Edit:
    To provide an example, I was at an event a few months ago with some friends, as a photographer. I carry around my SLR. One guy walks up to me and starts trying to talk about camera stuff for whatever reason, and starts off by asking me "What graphics does that have?"
    Umm.. wtf? This thing isn't a computer.
    It's obvious to any camera enthusiast, but clearly the average person has no clue.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry likes this.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ...

    Bottom line: it's about getting more eyeballs looking at HTC. It's about putting the marketing effort behind your products. Not specs.
    Yup, exactly.

    This, a good product, and good carrier support/placement = high sales.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  17. #67  
    Optimus Nexus's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    I agree with you. Only one thing that makes HTC, and by extension Android, different than Apple. Carriers, such as Verizon, subsidize the costs for a lot of the Android phones. So, when they pay for a big chunk of the phone, they're going to ask for exclusivity and put their bloatware, logo, etc, on their phone; which is their right.

    This is why especially HTC, which is struggling financially now, can't really be like Apple, which pays for all their parts and carriers don't subsidize the phone costs, and Apple is really famous so this gives Apple a lot of clout and ability to dictate terms unlike HTC.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  
    natenrb9's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Yup, exactly.

    This, a good product, and good carrier support/placement = high sales.
    Your statement makes no sense. You are saying "exactly" to Ry's statement, but in actuality are agreeing completely with with my original manifesto...see beginning of the thread.
    Good product = good specs
    Carrier support/placement = on all carriers

    Ry must not have seen this when he thanked and like it.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    Your statement makes no sense. You are saying "exactly" to Ry's statement, but in actuality are agreeing completely with with my original manifesto...see beginning of the thread.
    Good product = good specs
    Carrier support/placement = on all carriers

    Ry must not have seen this when he thanked and like it.
    Uh no. Good product does NOT necessarily = good specs. It means a good product, period. Also, good carrier support might include getting it on all carriers, but again your "manifesto" is silly because HTC CAN'T get it on all carriers, though we all agree they would want to ...
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  20. #70  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Uh no. Good product does NOT necessarily = good specs. It means a good product, period. Also, good carrier support might include getting it on all carriers, but again your "manifesto" is silly because HTC CAN'T get it on all carriers, though we all agree they would want to ...
    Bingo.

    It would be great if HTC could break from the shackles that are the US carrier system. But a lot of us understand why they can't.

    If I made a silly manifesto for Motorola, I'd call for Verizon to lose exclusivity on the RAZR brand in the US. Motorola would then take the RAZR M/i, RAZR HD, and RAZR MAXX HD to every carrier.

    It took three iterations of the Galaxy S for Samsung to do it.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    I don't agree that marketing is everything. At least where I live (Tampa, Fl) I don't see that many phone commercials etc that would make someone become a zombie and walk into a store and purchase a phone. Marketing does play a role but I see people spend lots of time looking at the different phones, comparing specs, listening to their friends etc. I just don't give in to this "its all marketing" crap. If it was then every commercial on tv would be of a cell phone. I also believe that most smart phone shoppers understand the basics enough to make a decent decision. People on other threads were pointing out the S3 as an example of marketing. But the S3 is on pretty much every carrier......it has great reviews.....it has one of the biggest screens out....it 32 gigs.....it has SD and removable battery......you dont need much marketing for a phone like that to sell...especially being on every carrier. People have very valid points coming on here being ticked about no SD...battery etc. If HTC would have included an SD slot and a bigger removable battery on the DNA and made it available to all the carriers like the S3 you would see a good competition involving sales.
  22. #72  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    I don't agree that marketing is everything. At least where I live (Tampa, Fl) I don't see that many phone commercials etc that would make someone become a zombie and walk into a store and purchase a phone. Marketing does play a role but I see people spend lots of time looking at the different phones, comparing specs, listening to their friends etc. I just don't give in to this "its all marketing" crap. If it was then every commercial on tv would be of a cell phone. I also believe that most smart phone shoppers understand the basics enough to make a decent decision. People on other threads were pointing out the S3 as an example of marketing. But the S3 is on pretty much every carrier......it has great reviews.....it has one of the biggest screens out....it 32 gigs.....it has SD and removable battery......you dont need much marketing for a phone like that to sell...especially being on every carrier. People have very valid points coming on here being ticked about no SD...battery etc. If HTC would have included an SD slot and a bigger removable battery on the DNA and made it available to all the carriers like the S3 you would see a good competition involving sales.
    It's more marketing than pure specs.

    Of the mid- to high- end, can you say that Samsung, Motorola, LG, or HTC launched a truly crappy product in 2012?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    To think that the 1 million members' opinions on this site can be used to infer anything about the entire smartphone user population is ridiculous. For all of you who are claiming that Samsung sells so many s3's because of a removeable battery and an SD slot (which is absurd as well) answer this. How in the hell was the iPhone the market DOMINATOR for so many years? Because as far as I'm aware, this phone has never had a remove able battery or an SD card slot.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  24. #74  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    To think that the 1 million members' opinions on this site can be used to infer anything about the entire smartphone user population is ridiculous. For all of you who are claiming that Samsung sells so many s3's because of a removeable battery and an SD slot (which is absurd as well) answer this. How in the hell was the iPhone the market DOMINATOR for so many years? Because as far as I'm aware, this phone has never had a remove able battery or an SD card slot.
    Insert the ridiculous Android fanboy reference to "iSheep" here.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    natenrb9's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    It's more marketing than pure specs.

    Of the mid- to high- end, can you say that Samsung, Motorola, LG, or HTC launched a truly crappy product in 2012?
    The HTC One X+ having only 1gb of ram is pretty pathetic. This is a very easy thing to see even for the stupidest customer, they can see slow performance. It greatly impacts speed as you add on more apps that use backend services.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [SwiftKey] is it reading my passwords?
    By shinydiscopants in forum Keyboards
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 03:51 AM
  2. is it reading my passwords?
    By shinydiscopants in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 03:51 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM
  4. HTC Eris...Issue linking my yahoo email address.
    By htceris1004 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 07:55 AM
  5. It is impossible for me to read my home e-mail...
    By moviemogul in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions