Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree50Likes

Default Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Well technically it states that the phone was in MID development when it was offered to other non competing carriers so wasn't really developed for Vzw and then pawned off to others. Also they only state Vzw wanted high quality display and wireless charging which has been requested for a good handful of current and upcoming devices. So not like VZW controlled anything that ANYONE here has proof on battery size or SD card size. I mean if that is the case why does the Vzw version of SGS III have SD card if they big push is for cloud storage profit? People really need to stop assuming and looking through rose colored glasses, you really skew the truth in this still good quality forums.
    Just stop already. Both Verizon and HTC have said point blank the device was designed according to Verizon's requirements. It was a project initiated by Verizon for HTC to build, and once the handset was far enough along Verizon allowed HTC to bring the design to KDDI.
    Thanked by 2:
    nrm5110Ry 

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Just stop already. Both Verizon and HTC have said point blank the device was designed according to Verizon's requirements. It was a project initiated by Verizon for HTC to build, and once the handset was far enough along Verizon allowed HTC to bring the design to KDDI.
    These guys will fight to the end on this one bro no matter if you are right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Well technically it states that the phone was in MID development when it was offered to other non competing carriers so wasn't really developed for Vzw and then pawned off to others. Also they only state Vzw wanted high quality display and wireless charging which has been requested for a good handful of current and upcoming devices. So not like VZW controlled anything that ANYONE here has proof on battery size or SD card size. I mean if that is the case why does the Vzw version of SGS III have SD card if they big push is for cloud storage profit? People really need to stop assuming and looking through rose colored glasses, you really skew the truth in this still good quality forums.
    What are you talking about? It says clearly that this phone was a JOINT VENTURE. Also it says that HTC ASKED VERIZON if they could sell it to kddi. It also certainly does not say that's all they wanted. Read the article again, you'll see you're mistaken. Especially the part that says "droid DNA long in the works"
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

No where in my post did I say it was the only thing VZW requested I said it was only thing we had FACTS on they did. You folks get really hurt when you just vaguely state something and get pointed out you could of been more accurate.

Also he stated the device was put on to other carriers AFTER it was MID way completed but article obviously states he was wrong or should of better worded his statement. This is my point if you are going to make statements and try to claim them as facts word them CORRECTLY please.

So to say again I think both parts had lot of say in development of this phone but unless you have factual information from one or the other everything anyone claims is just hearsay. Can you really argue on that? I've only seen a few things that were requested by VZW and as much as some of you would love to prove it, none of those are indicated as low battery size or no SD card.

MacKenzie said that while HTC and Verizon had jointly developed the DNA, HTC had seen an opportunity to build a variant for KDDI midway through the development process. He said Verizon didn't have an issue with it, since the two carriers don't compete.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
    . The GS3 is different. It was pretty clear-cut as the best. At least, among the widely reported media. PLUS, the GS3 was being reported as The Best, period, NOT The Best on AT&T, but on Verizon The Best is XYZ. So, virtually no matter what news source you went to and no matter what carrier you were on, since the GS3 came out, if you asked (not read the marketing or watched the advertising), you would hear that the GS3 is The Best - or possibly you'd hear "one of the best". The One X has never had that.
    Of course it wasn't "the best on X carrier," it's available on all of them.

More importantly, if you take the GS3 and remove the SD slot and glue the battery door shut, it's STILL arguably the best Android phone on the market right now.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Default Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Of course it wasn't "the best on X carrier," it's available on all of them.

More importantly, if you take the GS3 and remove the SD slot and glue the battery door shut, it's STILL arguably the best Android phone on the market right now.
    Ehh. Given that constraint, the One X+ wipes the floor with it.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

After skimming through this post, it seems that if we can make the J Butterfly work on the Verizon Wireless Network and have a way to obtain the device, we can make a LOT of people very happy.
    Thanked by:
    natenrb9 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klondike1024 View Post
    After skimming through this post, it seems that if we can make the J Butterfly work on the Verizon Wireless Network and have a way to obtain the device, we can make a LOT of people very happy.
    Almost...I would need it on AT&T.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klondike1024 View Post
    Nope. That's not good enough.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Personally I'm content with my HTC one x

The storage through google drive / music nd dropbox is more than enough for me

And we are talking bout a college student that has all 4 kinds of angry birds and never opened the apps

I'm a tech enthusiast and this is my first smartphone but growing up kids always rubbed in HTC phones

Mom has a Samsung which is a headache and wishes she chose my phone

There's always room for improvement

But I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that HTC really only makes phones where

Apple and Samsung both have huge revenues from other sources

Plus Samsung Atleast produces a lot of their own components HTC depends on others to supply

Point being yea they could improve but there's plenty of us that are just content with how things are going

Like Atleast my phone has the chance to be banned cause of litigation (haha mom)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567