Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Default Re: Wireless Chargers

Just got the dual energizer charging pad...works phenomenally...huge target area to sit phone. Love that it has USB slot to charge other devices as well. Otterbox Defender coming in tomorrow so I'm praying it charges with that on, will report back.
    Droid X > Droid Bionic > Droid Razor > Galaxy Nexus > DROID DNA
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuch13 View Post
    Just got the dual energizer charging pad...works phenomenally...huge target area to sit phone. Love that it has USB slot to charge other devices as well. Otterbox Defender coming in tomorrow so I'm praying it charges with that on, will report back.
    I finally get to use the one I had purchased for the Galaxy Nexus but never bought the charger back for. Been sitting in the closet for the past year lol

You are right the landing area is huge, doesn't beep from what I can tell and the blue charging light is non invasive at night time.

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I bought the Nokia wireless charger from the verizonwireless store, and, I think I am going to return it. The phone and the charger don't stay connected. The charger detects the phone has been removed, even though, the phone has not moved. This happens with or without the silicon case.
    Well you must have gotten a bad one, cause mine works great! Even with the high gloss VZW silicone case on it! I love It! CONVENIENT AS HELL!
    !

2 questions

Does the phone have to be on to charge wirelessly?

Is there anyway to turn the notification led off while being charged? I would prefer to not have a blinking led keeping me awake.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

So just put the Otterbox Defender on. Great case, although the screen protector is not quite flush with the actual screen so it sort of taps when you touch the screen. But it does work on the Energizer charger with the Defender on, although you have to place it perfectly, almost no leeway. But I can live with that.
    Droid X > Droid Bionic > Droid Razor > Galaxy Nexus > DROID DNA
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

I'm also using he Nokia charging pad with the DNA and not having any issues.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Got the LG from my local Verizon store, <$40 with discount. Beeps once when it's properly placed and that's it. Back of the phone is just slightly warm after - as if it were held in you hand for a few minutes. Nothing major. I may get another for work.

I ordered the Nokia charger from Verizon and it took them three days to inform me it was out of stock. Then I had to get a customer service rep on the phone to cancel the order - not possible to do it online. Just a head's up to anyone who is going to order one - go with AT&T.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I got the LG one from VZ and it works great! Getting only ONE beep.

So I ordered a few of the Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stands. They are a bit expensive, but work great. I am very happy with them.
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

Picked up the Nokia via online order from Corp store and my Otterbox came in as well today. Case has great feel to it as always and works no issues with Nokia charger. It picks up phone soon as I set it down with case on or off right out of the box. Simple and while could of been a little bit more affordable I think it is still worth the investment, just wish it had a touch larger landing pad for size of some devices out there now a days.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    So I ordered a few of the Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stands. They are a bit expensive, but work great. I am very happy with them.
    Thinking about getting this as a second charger.. I have the Nokia Pad that's flat.. Is this working good for you? Have you tried the NFC feature?

Quote Originally Posted by doogie1 View Post
    Thinking about getting this as a second charger.. I have the Nokia Pad that's flat.. Is this working good for you? Have you tried the NFC feature?
    It's working very well. It charges a bit slowly if the screen is left on, but pretty well with it off. I like it. I have not tried NFC just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chickweedblur View Post
    Got the LG from my local Verizon store, <$40 with discount. Beeps once when it's properly placed and that's it. Back of the phone is just slightly warm after - as if it were held in you hand for a few minutes. Nothing major. I may get another for work.
    Just thought I'd add that it charges just fine with the phone in the Diztronic Black TPU case.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Chick
    I also got the LG charging pad from Verizon, and it's working great!
    I'm waiting to see the Seidio case for the DNA, before deciding which, if any, case to get.

Really love the DNA so far (day two)... what an amazing screen, and the phone is blazingly fast!

I purchased the Verizon charger (which is OEM'd by LG) at the time of my Droid DNA purchase. I was disappointed and returned it. When I placed it on the charger, the phone responded correctly and began charging. However, it never completed charging. Aftre 12 hours, the phone was at 99% and never went any further - with or without the standard Verizon black case on it. Over time, this would have a very negative impact on the battery. As a result, I'm still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    I'm also using he Nokia charging pad with the DNA and not having any issues.
    +1 They are out of stock now on Amazon so might get the LG one as a second one.

ROM
    ACS SyndicateROM Frozen

Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    2 questions

Does the phone have to be on to charge wirelessly?
    No. Screen doesn't light up, but the notification LED does, and the charger still beeps as loudly as always.

Is there anyway to turn the notification led off while being charged? I would prefer to not have a blinking led keeping me awake.
    On the phone? No, but that doesn't blink. If you're talking about the one on the charger, I agree, it's irritating. I just scoot my DNA up a couple inches and cover it up.
    Thanked by:

Just ordered my DNA today, and while looking around for charging options, I found the Oregon Scientific QW201 digital clock with Qi-enabled charging station. Here's the link:

QW201 | Time & Wireless Charging Station | Digital Clocks | Digital Clocks | Oregon Scientific Official Online Store | USA

I usually leave my phone in the front room so that I don't have to worry about any incoming messages, etc. waking me up, but I like this idea so I might change the way I do things. Anyone have any experience with this company's products?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by gooroo_dougie View Post
    Just ordered my DNA today, and while looking around for charging options, I found the Oregon Scientific QW201 digital clock with Qi-enabled charging station. Here's the link:

QW201 | Time & Wireless Charging Station | Digital Clocks | Digital Clocks | Oregon Scientific Official Online Store | USA

I usually leave my phone in the front room so that I don't have to worry about any incoming messages, etc. waking me up, but I like this idea so I might change the way I do things. Anyone have any experience with this company's products?
    That looks to be a good setup.

has anybody seen any sort of deals on these things?

Using the Nokia 900 got from Verizon. No case on the phone and it charges fine although the charging light does not go out as stated once a full charge is reached. Modified so it is at a tilt so I can better see it on my desk. It still goes to sleep even though I have the developers option to stay awake while charging checked. That must only apply to USB charging. This needs to be updated so it works with inductive charging too..
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

In terms of deals, I got 2 of the Nokia 900's through Verizon's website after my corporate discount for around $40 each. I was waiting for the Nokia Charging Stand but couldn't find a decent deal. Some people were reportedly able to get them through AT&T after a corporate discount for a good price. I was having trouble finding a good deal through sites I would normally go through like Amazon and Ebay. If you get a discount through Verizon or AT&T or know someone who will hook you up that might be the way to go.

The Nokia 900's work great so far and I am happy with them. They work with Seidio Surface Case and Diztronic case.

I have the LG wireless charger. I leave it on my desk @ work and leave work with fully charged phone nearly every day. Never realized how much I put it in my pocket when it could be charging. Easy on easy off. Love it.

does the nexus 4 wireless orb have a magnet or something that holds the phone in place at all or is it just resistance? i'm wondering if it would work in the car... set it in the cup holder?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast