Wireless Chargers

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So I got the Energizer single slot one today, and so far so good. It turns out that I had almost a full battery when I used it for he first time, so it only had to go about 8%, but it works well. No sound, no overheating (in limited use) and a pretty big target charging area from what I can tell too.

It's a bit big, but I have plenty of space where I am using it so that is not an issue. So far so good. I'll update if anything changes.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
FOLLOW UP:

I've had the Verizon branded LG pad for a week now, and I have not experienced the multiple beep issue at all. It just beeps the one time I set the phone down, and then it is quiet the rest of the night. :cool:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
FOLLOW UP:

I've had the Verizon branded LG pad for a week now, and I have not experienced the multiple beep issue at all. It just beeps the one time I set the phone down, and then it is quiet the rest of the night. :cool:

Interesting .. So many folks have reported the beep that I have stayed away from it and have been looking far and wide for others. Thanks!

I am also getting a few of the Nokia DT910 wireless charging stands in tomorrow as well. I'll report how those work, although someone posted a video of the DNA working well on it so I am pretty confident it will be fine.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
FOLLOW UP:

Interesting .. So many folks have reported the beep that I have stayed away from it and have been looking far and wide for others. Thanks!
I am also getting a few of the Nokia DT910 wireless charging stands in tomorrow as well. I'll report how those work, although someone posted a video of the DNA working well on it so I am pretty confident it will be fine.
I forgot to mention that we actually have two of the Verizon pads (my wife has a DNA, as well.) And both are working as expected.

I also have an Energizer 2-port charging pad, and have no complaints about that one (other than it's sort of ugly, imho.) :-[

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I like the Verizon branded LG WCP-700. Looks very nice. For the one at my office I did a simple mod to the makes it more useful by giving it a slope so I can operate it without removing my phone from the charger. I put together a quick guide to give you some ideas on how to make your own desktop mod of the LG charger. The key here is the anti slip material that works with the magnet to keep the phone from sliding down off of the front of the charger.
Wireless Charging Pad WCP-700 Modification - Chris Guella

8050238.jpg

Last edited:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the Verizon branded LG WCP-700. Looks very nice. For the one at my office I did a simple mod to the makes it more useful by giving it a slope so I can operate it without removing my phone from the charger. I put together a quick guide to give you some ideas on how to make your own desktop mod of the LG charger. The key here is the anti slip material that works with the magnet to keep the phone from sliding down off of the front of the charger.
Wireless Charging Pad WCP-700 Modification - Chris Guella

http://www.chrisguella.com/uploads/5/5/0/4/5504785/8050238.jpg

Very cool. That's why I like the nokia 910 ones as they stand up...

It is only slightly magnetized, but it stays in place just fine. It has a rubbery ring on the base that holds the phone and keeps it from sliding out. I have an HP Touchpad tablet and I didn't think wireless charging was going to be that big of a deal, but it really is convenient. :cool:

Here's a video:

Droid DNA on Nokia DT-910 - YouTube

Highwaystar131

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an Energizer wireless charging pad used for my Nintendo Wii remotes (got it free as a gift a few Christmases ago). I don't imagine I'd be able to use this for my phone would I? Kind of afraid to try it before finding out it'll do something wacky to my phone if I do.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My Nokia charging plate works like a charm. Fully charges DNA in 4.5hrs, no heat issues. Bought it from Verizonwireless.com can't be happier!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that overall I am so glad that wireless charging is becoming more standard of late in phones. I know only a few exist now, but it feels like we are right on the cusp of the point where most phones will have it built in out of the box.

This in turn will lead to more and better wireless chargers I think, with more functionality and better form factors as well (and car ones too :)..

It's all good ;)

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got the dual energizer charging pad...works phenomenally...huge target area to sit phone. Love that it has USB slot to charge other devices as well. Otterbox Defender coming in tomorrow so I'm praying it charges with that on, will report back.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got the dual energizer charging pad...works phenomenally...huge target area to sit phone. Love that it has USB slot to charge other devices as well. Otterbox Defender coming in tomorrow so I'm praying it charges with that on, will report back.

I finally get to use the one I had purchased for the Galaxy Nexus but never bought the charger back for. Been sitting in the closet for the past year lol

You are right the landing area is huge, doesn't beep from what I can tell and the blue charging light is non invasive at night time.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Nokia wireless charger from the verizonwireless store, and, I think I am going to return it. The phone and the charger don't stay connected. The charger detects the phone has been removed, even though, the phone has not moved. This happens with or without the silicon case.
Well you must have gotten a bad one, cause mine works great! Even with the high gloss VZW silicone case on it! I love It! CONVENIENT AS HELL!
!

ohio2010

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
2 questions

Does the phone have to be on to charge wirelessly?

Is there anyway to turn the notification led off while being charged? I would prefer to not have a blinking led keeping me awake.

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So just put the Otterbox Defender on. Great case, although the screen protector is not quite flush with the actual screen so it sort of taps when you touch the screen. But it does work on the Energizer charger with the Defender on, although you have to place it perfectly, almost no leeway. But I can live with that.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got the LG from my local Verizon store, <$40 with discount. Beeps once when it's properly placed and that's it. Back of the phone is just slightly warm after - as if it were held in you hand for a few minutes. Nothing major. I may get another for work.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Nokia charger from Verizon and it took them three days to inform me it was out of stock. Then I had to get a customer service rep on the phone to cancel the order - not possible to do it online. Just a head's up to anyone who is going to order one - go with AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000