Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there something about the Thunderbolt that makes it a completely broken product?

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone buy a htc with the support record they have with the thunderbolt.
:p

I'm a current TB owner. I've actually been really happy with that phone up until very recently with the data drops (which I'm personally very convinced is a Verizon issue and nothing to do with the Thunderbolt itself). I'm on the preorder for the DNA - as far as I'm concerned no one is close to HTC's build quality, and this thing has amazing specs. The One X is considered by many to be one of the best phones this year, so its not like they don't have any credentials.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there something about the Thunderbolt that makes it a completely broken product?

I've had a Thunderbolt since release and think it's been great for me. The only complaint I've ever had was that it doesn't have an hdmi out, but that was only because the laptop I had at that time didn't have that one either. I had the EasyTether app and the TB provided me extremely fast internet for my computer for more than a year. I will probably get this phone as well. Yesterday I was still angry with the lack of a removable battery and no SD card slot, but hearing that the battery is pretty good and have inductive charging has made me come around. I don't play any games other than Sudoku and don't put any movies on my phone, so the storage isn't a major problem for me. I wish it had a removable battery and SD card slot, but neither will bother me too much. I just wish it was water resistant like the J Butterfly (and available in the white color like the butterfly, that thing looked good!) because I'm around salt water all day.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a thunderbolt since the release date. I now have a gnexus, and although I like stock android and kind miss the feel of the thunderbolt. I know it was thick and heavy but it just felt more solid.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

I used to think that my thunderbolt was a piece of garbage especially because it was stuck on gingerbread. I subsequently dropped my thunderbolt onto a cement floor and killed it forever. I now use a borrowed droid charge and I hate it and wish my thunderbolt worked. I took it for granted.

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the Thunderbolt before the DNA, so what did I miss support wise?

I also had the Thunderbolt & didn't miss a step with support only because I was rooted & even stock people received like 2 or 3 updates if I'm not mistaken then recently got ICS. Support actually was not all that bad as it was made out to be.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone buy a htc with the support record they have with the thunderbolt.
:p

The Bolt was a great phone for me and many other people. It got a bad rap but it was unjustified. As far as support goes, the Bolt got more updates/OTA's than many phones, including the Galaxy Nexus (which is also a very nice phone as well).

As for the DNA, take a read through the forum, and you'll see that while there are a few complaints, most of us are extremely happy with this phone.

Sent from my DNA

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Because they just updated this phone today. (3months) not bad considering VZW likes to take 6-9months to update something

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Because they just updated this phone today. (3months) not bad considering VZW likes to take 6-9months to update something

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

It's true, Verizon has gotten a little better with interim build deployments that include fixes, but when it comes to major releases...that's where we assuredly have to wait quite awhile. Part of it is probably the OEM's fault but come on, take a look at the Verizon GNex...how many updates behind is it now?

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The bolt in my opinion wasnt a bad phone. I lucked out and never had an issue.

As for support, how much did you want? I mean overall without including ICS, it got like 7 updates in a little over a year, maybe a little less time than that.

And im surprised ICS came out for it. The bolt was a nice phone when it came out but was still behind others after about 2 months. The issues most people had were addressed and updates were sent out for them.

Updates take time between the phones maker and the carrier to become an OTA...

Look at other phones and their forums, people complain about waiting for updates as well...

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2...