Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Default Re: Droid DNA Cases

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Are we talking about a self adhering protector that I can opt not to use, or is it a physical part of the case itself?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2
    It's part of the case itself just like the Otterbox Defender series. But those screen protectors suck and people usually tear them off to use their own screen protector

I got a Fosmon TPU case from Amazon. The case is not bulky. It fits like a glove and shows off the phone's sleekness. There is no hole in the rear for the notification light but you can see the light thru the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    It's part of the case itself just like the Otterbox Defender series. But those screen protectors suck and people usually tear them off to use their own screen protector
    Perfect, thank you, just what I was looking to find out. I'll pass and wait out Seidio. I know I can remove it, but that results in a less then perfect condition case, so I'll opt out.

Appreciate it!

No Problem!!!

I don't know if it's been said already but I noticed that the Seidio surface case and the surface+holster is on sale now. Just ordered mine

SEIDIO | SURFACE Case for HTC Droid DNA
    Thanked by:
    droidman2177 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by E_PEV View Post
    I don't know if it's been said already but I noticed that the Seidio surface case and the surface+holster is on sale now. Just ordered mine

SEIDIO | SURFACE Case for HTC Droid DNA
    Did see that. The Active case is the one I'm after. ;-)

amazon link please?

Here is my review on the Seido Surface Combo. I really think Seido has done a great job at finding the right balance with this case. It adds some protection for screen and camera by keeping them from connecting directly to flat surface. All of the edges are also covered. The thickness of case I think is just right. I was worried about added bulk as I have not liked any other case I have tried so far except the verizon shell which really adds nothing. Seido kept the back with same curve as phone. I am starting to actually like feel of device in case better than naked phone as phone does not feel quite as fragile or potentially as easy to drop. It is a bit easier to type in landscape mode as you have more to hold onto. Volume rocker and power button are easy to locate by feel now, and I have yet to accidently hit the volume rocker with the clever way this was designed. Closing usb port is not quite as easy with phone in case, but not overly hard either. The notification light on back has its own cutout also. Seido also did a great job at solvong the issue where speaker volume gets muted on some surfaces. I put the phone with this case on all the places where I cannot hear naked phone ring and the ringtone came out loud and clear. Have not yet tried case with a screen protector, but will try to get one so I can let people know how it works with them. Holster is great. Yes, it is a bit big to carry at waistband, but that is just because phone is the size it is. This holster manages to allow easy access while keeping phone secure (wore all day yesterday and no issues). The release hinge is a bit bigger than on prior Seido holsters, but it seems like it needs to be that way to add necessary stability. Has same swivel mechanism as other holsters also. Easy to put on and take off once you know how Seido cases are. Noticed no damage on phone from case, though could tell where soft lining touched phone (made a line that like fingerprints can be wiped away. You can easily reach/touch all edges of screen with this case on (unlike what experienced with the otterbox defender). All in all, love this case and holster combo and it is definitely what will stay on my DNA from now on! If you have specific questions, let me know. Will try to get some pictures if I can find my camera.
    Thanked by 2:
    BobTheCornCob likes this.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

I have always purchased incipio for all my phones.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    nDroid3 likes this.

Do you know if it will work with a wireless charger? I called them and asked them and they were noncomital of if it was compatible with a wireless charger or not. I guess someone will have to try one on a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by winochef View Post
    Do you know if it will work with a wireless charger? I called them and asked them and they were noncomital of if it was compatible with a wireless charger or not. I guess someone will have to try one on a charger.
    If you are asking about seido surface case, it DOES work with wireless charger. Forgot to mention that.
    Thanked by:
    droidman2177 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

(((update))))
    To the case I ordered for my wife.
    Here are a few shots of here phone is the case.

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evo(work phone).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid DNA Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1358388226808.jpg   Droid DNA Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1358388279699.jpg   Droid DNA Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1358388313547.jpg  
    Quad-Core Power!!!
    Upstreammiami and nDroid3 like this.

That flip case looks nice. The white/black combo is a plus!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

is there any black and red case that match the phone? But a good brand not no eBay knock off ...

I'm the ROOT man

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nDroid3 View Post
    That flip case looks nice. The white/black combo is a plus!

My wife loves it. I have a pure black on black on the way as well.

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evo(work phone).
    Quad-Core Power!!!

FWIW, Cross posting my take on Seido

I had several Seidio cases for my Thunderbolt. I had no issues with the case, but the holster is another story. The clip is large and it protrudes. Nearly daily I would bump the clip causing the phone to drop, which caused one broken screen and a lost phone.
    Further, the clip got hung up and broke twice costing 30 bucks to replace, and it broke another time from a stress fracture from mearly using it.

I also called Seido and was told I could get a warranty Replacement. The procedure is to email an explanation of how it happened with a picture, and purchase receipt. I did all of that and they came back a few days later and said if I mailed it in at my expense they would send a replacement.
    I gave up
    I am very happy with my Verizon case and holster for my DNA. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by JH Caldwell View Post
    FWIW, Cross posting my take on Seido

I had several Seidio cases for my Thunderbolt. I had no issues with the case, but the holster is another story. The clip is large and it protrudes. Nearly daily I would bump the clip causing the phone to drop, which caused one broken screen and a lost phone.
    Further, the clip got hung up and broke twice costing 30 bucks to replace, and it broke another time from a stress fracture from mearly using it.

I also called Seido and was told I could get a warranty Replacement. The procedure is to email an explanation of how it happened with a picture, and purchase receipt. I did all of that and they came back a few days later and said if I mailed it in at my expense they would send a replacement.
    I gave up
    I am very happy with my Verizon case and holster for my DNA. YMMV

Man, you must be really rough on these things, cause I have had more than 6 or 7 seidio cases with absolutely 0 problems. I have found that the VZW cases really suck. I don't know about anyone else. Have you tried seidio active cases?

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Just fyi in the market thread there's a guy selling his incipio case for 15 shipped when new is 40...great bargain

I'm the ROOT man

UPS just dropped off a case i ordered from amazon its brand is Poetic and the case is atmosphere, its very thin and the back is clear.. Now just waiting on fedex to deliver the phone..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ericlc2 View Post
    UPS just dropped off a case i ordered from amazon its brand is Poetic and the case is atmosphere, its very thin and the back is clear.. Now just waiting on fedex to deliver the phone..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    I just looked at that case & it is a really nice looking case! I like that simple classy look. I might pick one up for when I get tired of the Ballistic SG.
    ericlc2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    My case just came today. Its very light. No added bulk. I may drill a hole for the back notification light.

For whatever reason I don't like the material it's made of. I wish it weren't so rubbery. Holding the phone with the case on makes my hand sweat. Which is disappointing because I like the kickstand.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    For whatever reason I don't like the material it's made of. I wish it weren't so rubbery. Holding the phone with the case on makes my hand sweat. Which is disappointing because I like the kickstand.
    Ive read that case puts too much pressure on the sides of the screen which can result in that blue mark some people get on the dna.

Quote Originally Posted by croppz View Post
    Ive read that case puts too much pressure on the sides of the screen which can result in that blue mark some people get on the dna.

Can't say that I've experienced that but I don't want to in the future. One other thing that bothers me is the amount of dust that accumulates under the edge of the case. At the end of every day I have a white line of dust on either side of my phone's display and I have to remove the case to clean it

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

I have this one Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA (Verizon) Clear/Gray(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

and this one SEIDIO | SURFACE Case for HTC Droid DNA

on order. I've got alot of experience with Seidio's products. They're top notch. I had a Poetic Atmosphere case for an iphone and it was pretty solid also. Both cases allow for the LED on the back side.
    Rew001's Smartphone History: Tmo Dash --> BB Curve --> BB Storm(1) --> iPhone 3GS -->Droid Incredible --> Droid X -->Galaxy Nexus --> iPhone 5 --> HTC DNA --> Galaxy S4!!

Quote Originally Posted by rew001 View Post
    I have this one Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA (Verizon) Clear/Gray(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

and this one SEIDIO | SURFACE Case for HTC Droid DNA

on order. I've got alot of experience with Seidio's products. They're top notch. I had a Poetic Atmosphere case for an iphone and it was pretty solid also. Both cases allow for the LED on the back side.
    Does the Poetic case make the power button/volume rocker easier or harder to press?
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast