Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid DNA Cases

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I ordered mine directly from Otterbox on Sunday with 2 day shipping.

The Nottinator
    Can you post your review after you get it? I am interested on how much bulk it adds to the phone and if wireless charging will still work with it on.

Thank you,

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone heard of dropped and damaged phones yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    Can you post your review after you get it? I am interested on how much bulk it adds to the phone and if wireless charging will still work with it on.

Thank you,
    I received it today and have it installed. The phone was a little too thin for my tastes and this adds the right amount of bulk for me to hold secure.

The rubber buttons are raised and easier to operate now. The back notification light is covered. It comes with a screen protector that will cover the capacitive buttons and stops just above the screen. Fit and finish are excellent.

I've got a wireless charger on the way and I'll let you know how it works with this case once I get it.

The Nottinator
    Thanked by 3:
    jfoofoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Shell holster combo with kickstand. They have them on the Verizon site and on Amazon

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Amazon.com: OEM HTC DROID DNA Shell Combo w/Holster & Kickstand HTC6435: Cell Phones & Accessories

None available. I had this case for my fascinate and charge. def gonna be waiting for this to come back in.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Poole1 View Post
    Amazon.com: OEM HTC DROID DNA Shell Combo w/Holster & Kickstand HTC6435: Cell Phones & Accessories

None available. I had this case for my fascinate and charge. def gonna be waiting for this to come back in.
    Order it from Verizon...

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Poole1 View Post

Just keep in mind it doesn't have a cut out for the back notification light. I had drill a hole. Using it with a holster, the back notification is a must!

Privacy is overrated :P
    akira751 likes this.

Ok, I got the LG 700 qi charger today and with the otterbox commute case on the dna it charges just fine.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Ok, I got the LG 700 qi charger today and with the otterbox commute case on the dna it charges just fine.
    can you post some pictures and a quick review?

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Sure thing, look for it tomorrow night.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I have the Defender. Love the size, but the screen felt like typing on a blackberry storm. I removed the screen protector, but now the case is not 100 percent stable on this sides, like it creaks just a bit, but not overly annoying. Probably will return for a Commuter and put a screen protector on. I also have the Energizer Qi Pad and it works with the Defender, but phone placement has to be exact. Usually takes me 5 to 10 seconds to find the sweet spot, whereas without the case you could essentially put it anywhere. Did notice with overnight charging on pad with case the phone was pretty hot, could feel it through the case.
    Droid X > Droid Bionic > Droid Razor > Galaxy Nexus > DROID DNA
    Thanked by:

The Diztronic TPU case ($12.50 on Amazon) is a steal. If you are going to put it in a case you can't go wrong with this one. Charges fine on the LG charger too.
    mclarryjr likes this.

Looks like Seidio cases are right around the corner! -> . Loved the Surface case on my ThunderBolt. Can't wait to see it for the DNA, especially with a kickstand built in!
    Thanked by:
    dsignori and droidman2177 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    Looks like Seidio cases are right around the corner! -> . Loved the Surface case on my ThunderBolt. Can't wait to see it for the DNA, especially with a kickstand built in!
    I can't wait either. Seidio cases have always been a favorite of mine.
    droidman2177 and akira751 like this.

Thanks!
    I have a mini review over at qi charger thread.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Thanked by:
    jfoofoo likes this.

The pony express finally showed up with my Otterbox commuter series case. I can say that the wireless charging works fine with the Nokia charger. It does ad a lot of bulk to the phone which I am really not sure I like. Also I have no idea how you would get the usb cover off with this attached, I pulled mine day 1. I still don't have a screen protector on because I have never had any luck with them.
    Just returned from the iworld, what a long strange trip its been.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    I'm getting the Commuter - just to hold me over until the Seidio "Active" is ready. Had one of those (the Seidio) on my Bolt and it got me through a year with the phone completely unmarked. I'm a huge believer.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by hannsoft; 12-04-2012 at 05:57 AM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Can anyone who has the Commuter please post pictures and a review? Thanks!!!
    FD2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chickweedblur View Post
    The Diztronic TPU case ($12.50 on Amazon) is a steal. If you are going to put it in a case you can't go wrong with this one. Charges fine on the LG charger too.
    Just got mine yesterday. LOVE it. It is minimalistic while still giving the phone a nice feel and solidity that I didn't think it had without it. Naked, it felt too thin and almost fragile. Now it has a feeling of solidity that just wasn't there before. And I love the material they make this with. It'sd not too grippy like those silicone cases and yet it's not slippery like a hard plastic case. Feels fine going in and out of your pocket. All it lacked was a cutout for the rear notification light. A small drill took care of that issue! For $12.50 it's a steal.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I get mine in a few. I will post pics as everyone else seems to have forgotten.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
    mclarryjr likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Please do, I'm still on the fence about getting a case and if so which case.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love the way the device feels naked but am scared to drop it. :/ I had to order the Commuter to cover this large investment.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
    mclarryjr likes this.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    With the Verizon silicon case, you can see the back LED notification light through the case, so, it does not need a hole to be seen.
    I picked up the Verizon silicon case, with the cross hatches.

Put it on my DNA, and used it for a few hours. Has a nice feel to it.

Later that night, after putting my phone on the LG charging pad, and noticing that it seemed to be charging a lot slower with the Verizon case on it, then it did with the case off of the DNA, I decided to remove the case and put it back on the charger.

Well, after removing the case, I noticed cross hatch MARKS on the back of my DNA! I purchase cases, when I do, to PROTECT my cell phones from damage, NOT to inflict damage on them!

What's strange about this case is, if you feel the outside of the case, it's completely smooth, but remove the case, and feel the inside of the case, and you can FEEL the cross hatching which creates the design! With the phone in a tightly fitting case, the indentations apparently made cross hatch marks on the soft finish of the DNA!

It's going back today, and I'll try out the Diztronic Matt Black finish case, as a temporary solution until the Seidio cases are released, unless I find that I really love the Diztronic case.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by chickweedblur View Post
    For $15 including shipping how could you go wrong and should hold me over until Seidio Surface is out. Should be arriving the end of the week

I just picked up a body glove case from a shop here in town. Its pretty awesome. It doesn't add bulk at all really and the corners and edges are reinforced without being big. Definitely a step up from a regular tpu case

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    Anyone heard of dropped and damaged phones yet?
    if you haven't seen it yet look at post # 22
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast