Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Default Re: Droid DNA Cases

Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    S Line Case... shows the rear LED notification, without needing to cut out a hole. Very thin case....

it's also dirt cheap! $2.99.

That thing looks sweet. Definitely picking one of those up.

Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    S Line Case... shows the rear LED notification, without needing to cut out a hole. Very thin case....

it's also dirt cheap! $2.99.

Where'd you get that?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Where'd you get that?
    Here's the ... you can do a search, and find it in different colors, as well.

They're all over ebay around $3; I'm 99.9% sure the "S Line" case is the same thing as the "S Curve" case. They come in a plethora of colors; just do a search for "droid dna case": they also come in an X design, or without any design.
    Where'd you get that?

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

the only thing is that it is shipped from HK/China. which means you need to wait for 2-3 weeks before you can let your toy wear the protection.

check. it is shipped from US and it is smoking sexy too. and durable.

ROM
    Stock

Finally found a flip case like they have for the Samsung phones: search Nillkin Flip Leather Case Pouch LCD Guard HTC Droid DNA ADR6435 on ebay or this link might work:
    jrwatson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pingplayer01 View Post
    Finally found a flip case like they have for the Samsung phones: search Nillkin Flip Leather Case Pouch LCD Guard HTC Droid DNA ADR6435 on ebay or this link might work:
    Thanks so much for that . Literally so much class in those covers haha I love it!

The flip cases look nice, but to me they seem like they would be so much of a pain (get in the way) when using the camera, though I have never tried one. Can anyone comment on that?

Many thanks tg63922... I took your fine measurements and DIY'd a viewing port on my Nillkin Case (same as in thread) for the notification light on the back of my DNA. I heated up the point of a large safety pin and carefully pushed it through the case, patiently reheating it and inserting it maybe four or five times until a clean hole was made. The hole is about 1-1.25mm wide... it seems plenty wide enough to display the green notification led.

Quote Originally Posted by tg63922 View Post
    I bought the Otterbox Commuter and hated it. Like others have said, the back was way too slick and the fit on it wasn't great. The sleep button was also really hard to press. I did think that it protected the phone well. A few days after getting the Commuter I ordered the Diztronic case that a few others have suggested. Like the commuter, it doesn't have a spot for the notification light but overall I like it more. The top button is much easier to press and I think it fits the phone a lot better. It probably doesn't protect it as much, but since the back isn't nearly as slick its probably a lot less likely that I'll drop it. I didn't have any issue with the existing screen protector unlike someone else who commented with an issue.

If you are looking to drill a hole for the notification light, here are the measurements I took off my phone. I'm confident in them, but of course you should check my work.

Center of notification light to outside of red ring:

Center of notification light to center of camera lens:

Also, does anyone else have this issue? I had it on both the cases: the speaker grille isn't centered within the cutout.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I ordered the Otterbox Defender with the holster when i got the phone. The VZW store was out of stock so it should be on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let you know how it is.

I wish Seidio would get their stuff going already.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

I'm planning to get the Diztronic case for my DNA (when I actually get a DNA... when my contract with T-Mobile is over). Any good screen protector suggestions for that case? I've heard of screen protectors peeling when putting on the case. Preferably a protector that doesn't hinder the sleekness of the screen.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #162  

So I have the diztronic and ballistic shell gel case. Both are awesome. I got the shell gel on ebay, and unlike the protection it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by garl6 View Post
    I'm planning to get the Diztronic case for my DNA (when I actually get a DNA... when my contract with T-Mobile is over). Any good screen protector suggestions for that case? I've heard of screen protectors peeling when putting on the case. Preferably a protector that doesn't hinder the sleekness of the screen.
    The best way to accomplish that is with no screen at all. ;-) Don't do it - the screen is too beautiful!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Ultra thin DNA case... Nillkin case, $8.20 on eBay.

This Nillkin case doesn't have the dots found on most of the other Nillkin cases, it has a smooth back. Perhaps more slippery, but I didn't care for the look of the other Nillkin cases.

Probably only provides scratch protection, not sure how this would fair in a fall, but it adds nearly nothing to the overall size of the DNA, and it also shows some of the red highlights! Also came with a dry apply screen protector, which, while I wasn't originally going to put a screen protector on my DNA, I decided to give it a try for a few days. So far, it doesn't seem to diminish from the feel or smoothness of the phone.

The case does leave the top and bottom edges exposed, other then a thin lip around it. However, I'd imagine that it'd be pretty hard to drop your phone right on the top or bottom edge, in such a way that you'd damage it. The phone will either land on a corner, or on it's face or back, so this isn't that concerning. Even if it does drop directly on it's top/bottom edge, there is a lip the case provides, for some protection.

The photos of this case make it appear black, and therefore, somewhat difficult to photograph. However, I was pleased to find that the case is more of a dark grey/metallic color, that's actually much nicer then simple black.

The case curves at the back in the same way as the DNA's curve, narrowing at the edges. It provides "some" protection, while adding nearly nothing to overall size, and retaining the DNA's profile.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

is out. Price is kinda high consider it's very much like Nillkin. Anyone got it yet? Love to hear comparison

The best way to accomplish that is with no screen at all. ;-) Don't do it - the screen is too beautiful!

I wouldn't put it past me to scratch the screen. My current phone had a screen protector and I could see the scratches it endured to save the screen. I took it off because I'm about to get this phone.

I own four cases for my DNA... In order of my favorite to least favorite:

Nillken - I love the size and how it barely makes the phone feel any larger. The case fits flawlessly on the phone, and feels great to hold. The power and volume buttons are easy to access. The downside, of course, is that it surely offers less protection.
    Ditztronic - A little too thick for my taste, but it does feel great. The power and volume buttons are covered, and work very well.
    Verizon - Feels just a hair thinner than the Ditz, and it fits very well. I'm not a fan of the small cutout for the power button, and it doesn't feel quite as nice as the above.
    S-Curve (clear) - Other than it looks pretty good, I have nothing positive to say about this case. It fits very loose, the power and volume buttons are very difficult to press under the case, and it just feels cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    I own four cases for my DNA... In order of my favorite to least favorite:

Nillken - I love the size and how it barely makes the phone feel any larger. The case fits flawlessly on the phone, and feels great to hold. The power and volume buttons are easy to access. The downside, of course, is that it surely offers less protection.
    Ditztronic - A little too thick for my taste, but it does feel great. The power and volume buttons are covered, and work very well.
    Verizon - Feels just a hair thinner than the Ditz, and it fits very well. I'm not a fan of the small cutout for the power button, and it doesn't feel quite as nice as the above.
    S-Curve (clear) - Other than it looks pretty good, I have nothing positive to say about this case. It fits very loose, the power and volume buttons are very difficult to press under the case, and it just feels cheap.
    I have tried all that you have as well and I agree with most of your assessments (perhaps the Ditztronic button presses seems a bit harder for me though). You might want to try the . Quite thin and very protective unit. My favorite so far ..

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

So the Otterbox Defender came in today. My Goodness, what a beast it is. I like the holster, but the clear plastic screen cover dulls the touch sensitivity to almost unbearable. I'm going to give it an honest test over the weekend, but I think this baby is going back and I'll just get a leather pouch holster. I'll let you know on Monday.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I should have the Incipio feather tomorrow. Finally got tired of the OtterBox Commuter button press stiffness.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
    jfoofoo likes this.

I'm still patiently waiting on the Ballistic case for the DNA
    dsignori likes this.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2 View Post
    I should have the Incipio feather tomorrow. Finally got tired of the OtterBox Commuter button press stiffness.
    let us know how you like it.

Does the Ballistic LS case wrap around the edges of the phone? Considering this case over the Diztronic but raised edges are a must for me.

Default Droid DNA Cases

I wound up buying the dropsuit but noticed the thin area near the USB port is a bit loose. Is this normal for this case or did I get a less than stellar one?

Its pretty typical but if it bothers you it should be no problem getting it replaced

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast