Droid DNA Cases

rayzryd266

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I went with the TPU type case at the Verizon store - this is the result of the phone being in my back pocket while putting up Christmas lights last night (less than 8 hrs with the phone). Needless to say, I am very upset with myself - I kinda felt like that wasn't a good idea to start with (I normally carry in a belt clip). There was no impact, no bumping and no drop to the phone - just me repeatedly bending over with it in my back pocket. I am now wondering if that overall length (tallness) of the phone might be an issue with its overall sturdiness. I thankfully purchased the insurance when I bought it so I will be getting it replaced - when it becomes available, which it is not yet :-\
I will be ordering the Otterbox Defender this time around.
IMAG0800.jpg

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I went with the TPU type case at the Verizon store - this is the result of the phone being in my back pocket while putting up Christmas lights last night (less than 8 hrs with the phone). Needless to say, I am very upset with myself - I kinda felt like that wasn't a good idea to start with (I normally carry in a belt clip). There was no impact, no bumping and no drop to the phone - just me repeatedly bending over with it in my back pocket. I am now wondering if that overall length (tallness) of the phone might be an issue with its overall sturdiness. I thankfully purchased the insurance when I bought it so I will be getting it replaced - when it becomes available, which it is not yet :-\
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83t4is1j1146nzx/IMAG0800.jpg
assuming something bad happen to the phone? the picture is not showing.

Ok. I saw the picture via the link in quote. OUCH. I am not sure how other people does it, I have never put the phone in the back pocket. However I am surprised to see the damage it caused.

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83t4is1j1146nzx/IMAG0800.jpg

Holy Cow!, you must have buns of steel.

For me, i'm honestly still using my old verizon droid x holster.
It sticks out the sides a bit, but the elastic is worn out just enough so it's snug. It was a good case for my dx for years so i hope they make a dna version.

rayzryd266

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Holy Cow!, you must have buns of steel.

For me, i'm honestly still using my old verizon droid x holster.
It sticks out the sides a bit, but the elastic is worn out just enough so it's snug. It was a good case for my dx for years so i hope they make a dna version.

Hahaha - that's what my wife said. I'm still devastated over it. Assurion put me on back order since the phone is so new - no telling how long I will have to hold on to my Tbolt now...lol

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the Defender from VzW. I had one on my S3, only had to pay $34.77.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the commuter from Otterbox. The wife will be taking this phone and doesn't want the bulk of the defender.

The Nottinator

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had planned on waiting for the Active case from Seidio, but both of these Otterbox cases look amazing. What colors are folks generally picking? I'm surprised at how much I like the look of the grey/white combo.

Do these Otterbox cases have a screen cover?

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had planned on waiting for the Active case from Seidio, but both of these Otterbox cases look amazing. What colors are folks generally picking? I'm surprised at how much I like the look of the grey/white combo.

Only defender has a cover.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I had the gray/white (iceberg) on my white S3, liked it very much. The only issue was the screen protector which had an opaque/shimmer effect. I removed it and used a wet protector I had laying around.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Are there any cases like the Galaxy S3 that flip over and cover/lock the screen!? Love that idea!
That one actually replaces the removable back cover on the SGS3. I doubt we'll ever see one on the DNA, since it doesn't have a removable cover.
But I agree, that's a sweet case/cover.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know it seems sweet, I had one on my S3. The cool factor of it wore off quickly.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is taking pictures with one of those cases is annoying. It also feels odd to hold too.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My case just came today. Its very light. No added bulk. I may drill a hole for the back notification light.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354128363394.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354128363394.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354128372012.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354128372012.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 119
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354128381119.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354128381119.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 118
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354128390338.jpg