Droid DNA Cases

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Diztronic TPU case ($12.50 on Amazon) is a steal. If you are going to put it in a case you can't go wrong with this one. Charges fine on the LG charger too.

Bill1967

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The pony express finally showed up with my Otterbox commuter series case. I can say that the wireless charging works fine with the Nokia charger. It does ad a lot of bulk to the phone which I am really not sure I like. Also I have no idea how you would get the usb cover off with this attached, I pulled mine day 1. I still don't have a screen protector on because I have never had any luck with them.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Seidio cases are right around the corner! -> SEIDIO | HTC Droid DNA. Loved the Surface case on my ThunderBolt. Can't wait to see it for the DNA, especially with a kickstand built in!

I'm getting the Commuter - just to hold me over until the Seidio "Active" is ready. Had one of those (the Seidio) on my Bolt and it got me through a year with the phone completely unmarked. I'm a huge believer.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The Diztronic TPU case ($12.50 on Amazon) is a steal. If you are going to put it in a case you can't go wrong with this one. Charges fine on the LG charger too.

Just got mine yesterday. LOVE it. It is minimalistic while still giving the phone a nice feel and solidity that I didn't think it had without it. Naked, it felt too thin and almost fragile. Now it has a feeling of solidity that just wasn't there before. And I love the material they make this with. It'sd not too grippy like those silicone cases and yet it's not slippery like a hard plastic case. Feels fine going in and out of your pocket. All it lacked was a cutout for the rear notification light. A small drill took care of that issue! For $12.50 it's a steal.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I love the way the device feels naked but am scared to drop it. :/ I had to order the Commuter to cover this large investment.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
With the Verizon silicon case, you can see the back LED notification light through the case, so, it does not need a hole to be seen.

I picked up the Verizon silicon case, with the cross hatches.

Put it on my DNA, and used it for a few hours. Has a nice feel to it.

Later that night, after putting my phone on the LG charging pad, and noticing that it seemed to be charging a lot slower with the Verizon case on it, then it did with the case off of the DNA, I decided to remove the case and put it back on the charger.

Well, after removing the case, I noticed cross hatch MARKS on the back of my DNA! I purchase cases, when I do, to PROTECT my cell phones from damage, NOT to inflict damage on them!

What's strange about this case is, if you feel the outside of the case, it's completely smooth, but remove the case, and feel the inside of the case, and you can FEEL the cross hatching which creates the design! With the phone in a tightly fitting case, the indentations apparently made cross hatch marks on the soft finish of the DNA!

It's going back today, and I'll try out the Diztronic Matt Black finish case, as a temporary solution until the Seidio cases are released, unless I find that I really love the Diztronic case.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

For $15 including shipping how could you go wrong and should hold me over until Seidio Surface is out. Should be arriving the end of the week :)

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a body glove case from a shop here in town. Its pretty awesome. It doesn't add bulk at all really and the corners and edges are reinforced without being big. Definitely a step up from a regular tpu case

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find a review, video, or pics of the Otterbox Commuter for the DNA anywhere :(

Good timing - just got mine about an hour ago.

Don't like it - at all. Perhaps I got spoiled by my Seidio on the Thunderbolt, but I am NOT a fan of this Otterbox Commuter. Here are my issues:

- Build quality doesn't feel good at all. Fit of the plastic shell to the rubber mold is not seamless.
- Plastic is slippery, not rubber-coated like Seidio. This LESSENS my grip on the phone as hold it - I had a better grip when the phone had no case at all. Up-side .. slips into and out of my pocket easily. But TOO easily.
- There's too MUCH plastic. Would rather feel the rubber through the sides as on Seidio model. AND this rubber is almost .. plasticky. ;-) Not as soft or supple as on the Seidio.
- VERY difficult to get on and off. Doesn't need to be this tough.
- The corners are bare rubber - not covered with the plastic shell. The rest of the phone IS covered though. Shouldn't that be the other way around? The Seidio Active case covers the corners with hard plastic. I feel like this plastic will protect, but not as strongly. Feel like impact vibrations will travel right through it to the phone inside.
- Power button doesn't seem to line up well to the button on the phone. Can take several presses to get the power to come on, and I can't feel the click of the phone button.

Nope, not a fan at all, but this will protect me until the Seidio cases come out. Once they do this thing comes off the phone (if I can get it off) and is relegated to backup ONLY.

Last edited:

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Good timing - just got mine about an hour ago.

Don't like it - at all. Perhaps I got spoiled by my Seidio on the Thunderbolt, but I am NOT a fan of this Otterbox Commuter. Here are my issues:

- Build quality doesn't feel good at all. Fit of the plastic shell to the rubber mold is not seamless.
- Plastic is slippery, not rubber-coated like Seidio. This LESSENS my grip on the phone as hold it - I had a better grip when the phone had no case at all. Up-side .. slips into and out of my pocket easily. But TOO easily.
- There's too MUCH plastic. Would rather feel the rubber through the sides as on Seidio model. AND this rubber is almost .. plasticky. ;-) Not as soft or supple as on the Seidio.
- VERY difficult to get on and off. Doesn't need to be this tough.
- The corners are bare rubber - not covered with the plastic shell. The rest of the phone IS covered though. Shouldn't that be the other way around? The Seidio Active case covers the corners with hard plastic. I feel like this plastic will protect, but not as strongly. Feel like impact vibrations will travel right through it to the phone inside.
- Power button doesn't seem to line up well to the button on the phone. Can take several presses to get the power to come on, and I can't feel the click of the phone button.

Nope, not a fan at all, but this will protect me until the Seidio cases come out. Once they do this thing comes off the phone (if I can get it off) and is relegated to backup ONLY.

I have power button issues also but love the case. I feel it protects the device exceptionally well and has a great build quality. The rubber and plastic line up perfectly and the rubber is in the needed locations (corners). It is difficult to put on as the older silicone/rubber blend became loose quickly. This should hold up better and stay firm. The plastic has a slight texture to it and makes it non slippery. The problem is not with the power button not lining up. Looks like the silicone mold had a defect, which I pointed out to the Otterbox people and will get a newer case sent out to me soon (already shipped 2 day air). The issue being that the area that presses onto the power button is not complete.
698183838-d35ef3372da125c80d9d70acbb63d7b2.50c12a78-scaled.jpg

698184245-c6fefc590a65875ca0c44bfb5894cda9.50c12a78-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci