Droid DNA Cases

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to get the Diztronic case for my DNA (when I actually get a DNA... when my contract with T-Mobile is over). Any good screen protector suggestions for that case? I've heard of screen protectors peeling when putting on the case. Preferably a protector that doesn't hinder the sleekness of the screen.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to get the Diztronic case for my DNA (when I actually get a DNA... when my contract with T-Mobile is over). Any good screen protector suggestions for that case? I've heard of screen protectors peeling when putting on the case. Preferably a protector that doesn't hinder the sleekness of the screen.

The best way to accomplish that is with no screen at all. ;-) Don't do it - the screen is too beautiful!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ultra thin DNA case... Nillkin case, $8.20 on eBay.

This Nillkin case doesn't have the dots found on most of the other Nillkin cases, it has a smooth back. Perhaps more slippery, but I didn't care for the look of the other Nillkin cases.

Probably only provides scratch protection, not sure how this would fair in a fall, but it adds nearly nothing to the overall size of the DNA, and it also shows some of the red highlights! Also came with a dry apply screen protector, which, while I wasn't originally going to put a screen protector on my DNA, I decided to give it a try for a few days. So far, it doesn't seem to diminish from the feel or smoothness of the phone.
2012-12-25+10.36.47.jpg

IMG_20121225_104326.jpg

The case does leave the top and bottom edges exposed, other then a thin lip around it. However, I'd imagine that it'd be pretty hard to drop your phone right on the top or bottom edge, in such a way that you'd damage it. The phone will either land on a corner, or on it's face or back, so this isn't that concerning. Even if it does drop directly on it's top/bottom edge, there is a lip the case provides, for some protection.
2012-12-25+10.48.20.jpg

The photos of this case make it appear black, and therefore, somewhat difficult to photograph. However, I was pleased to find that the case is more of a dark grey/metallic color, that's actually much nicer then simple black.

The case curves at the back in the same way as the DNA's curve, narrowing at the edges. It provides "some" protection, while adding nearly nothing to overall size, and retaining the DNA's profile.

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The best way to accomplish that is with no screen at all. ;-) Don't do it - the screen is too beautiful!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't put it past me to scratch the screen. My current phone had a screen protector and I could see the scratches it endured to save the screen. I took it off because I'm about to get this phone.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I own four cases for my DNA... In order of my favorite to least favorite:

Nillken - I love the size and how it barely makes the phone feel any larger. The case fits flawlessly on the phone, and feels great to hold. The power and volume buttons are easy to access. The downside, of course, is that it surely offers less protection.
Ditztronic - A little too thick for my taste, but it does feel great. The power and volume buttons are covered, and work very well.
Verizon - Feels just a hair thinner than the Ditz, and it fits very well. I'm not a fan of the small cutout for the power button, and it doesn't feel quite as nice as the above.
S-Curve (clear) - Other than it looks pretty good, I have nothing positive to say about this case. It fits very loose, the power and volume buttons are very difficult to press under the case, and it just feels cheap.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I own four cases for my DNA... In order of my favorite to least favorite:

Nillken - I love the size and how it barely makes the phone feel any larger. The case fits flawlessly on the phone, and feels great to hold. The power and volume buttons are easy to access. The downside, of course, is that it surely offers less protection.
Ditztronic - A little too thick for my taste, but it does feel great. The power and volume buttons are covered, and work very well.
Verizon - Feels just a hair thinner than the Ditz, and it fits very well. I'm not a fan of the small cutout for the power button, and it doesn't feel quite as nice as the above.
S-Curve (clear) - Other than it looks pretty good, I have nothing positive to say about this case. It fits very loose, the power and volume buttons are very difficult to press under the case, and it just feels cheap.

I have tried all that you have as well and I agree with most of your assessments (perhaps the Ditztronic button presses seems a bit harder for me though). You might want to try the Body Glove Drop Suit . Quite thin and very protective unit. My favorite so far ..

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So the Otterbox Defender came in today. My Goodness, what a beast it is. I like the holster, but the clear plastic screen cover dulls the touch sensitivity to almost unbearable. I'm going to give it an honest test over the weekend, but I think this baby is going back and I'll just get a leather pouch holster. I'll let you know on Monday.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I should have the Incipio feather tomorrow. Finally got tired of the OtterBox Commuter button press stiffness.

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Does the Ballistic LS case wrap around the edges of the phone? Considering this case over the Diztronic but raised edges are a must for me.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I wound up buying the dropsuit but noticed the thin area near the USB port is a bit loose. Is this normal for this case or did I get a less than stellar one?

petuna8a.jpg

a8eqype3.jpg

a6a3a3a6.jpg

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty typical but if it bothers you it should be no problem getting it replaced

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wound up buying the dropsuit but noticed the thin area near the USB port is a bit loose. Is this normal for this case or did I get a less than stellar one?

I don't have the DropSuit, but if it's loose already, it may get even worse over time. It shouldn't be that way.

I just picked up the Qmadix Legacy Case. Provides dual layer protection, soft TPU layer inside, with hard plastic shell on the outside.

I think I'm done searching for cases at the moment. This one is reasonbly thin, slides into my pocket easily, but provides a good grip in your hand with the two notches on the back. I also much prefer the look of the Qmadix case , to the look of what Otterbox put out for the DNA, with the envelope design on the back of the Otterbox. Not my taste.

One slight negative, the opening for the camera/flash seems larger then necessary, but I think it's a design/look decision. Not a biggie.

Good to see DNA owners are slowly getting more and more choices!

2012-12-30+07.20.07.jpg

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the DropSuit, but if it's loose already, it may get even worse over time. It shouldn't be that way.

I just picked up the Qmadix Legacy Case. Provides dual layer protection, soft TPU layer inside, with hard plastic shell on the outside.

I think I'm done searching for cases at the moment. This one is reasonbly thin, slides into my pocket easily, but provides a good grip in your hand with the two notches on the back. I also much prefer the look of the Qmadix case , to the look of what Otterbox put out for the DNA, with the envelope design on the back of the Otterbox. Not my taste.

One slight negative, the opening for the camera/flash seems larger then necessary, but I think it's a design/look decision. Not a biggie.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AGoo/Dn6DqSlmRcg/s779/2012-12-30+07.20.07.jpg

I'm guessing the bigger than normal opening for the camera has to do with the LED by the Camera. Since it seems most dont have openings for it and you can either see it or you have to do your own mod.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/30/petuna8a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/30/a8eqype3.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/30/a6a3a3a6.jpg

Mines not like that. All the edges fit snuggly. The bottom doesn't fit AS snuggly because of the lack of material, but still hugs the phone and definitely doesn't look like that

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AGoo/Dn6DqSlmRcg/s779/2012-12-30+07.20.07.jpg

What screen protector do you have with this case?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome