Droid DNA Cases

JH Caldwell

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, Cross posting my take on Seido

I had several Seidio cases for my Thunderbolt. I had no issues with the case, but the holster is another story. The clip is large and it protrudes. Nearly daily I would bump the clip causing the phone to drop, which caused one broken screen and a lost phone.
Further, the clip got hung up and broke twice costing 30 bucks to replace, and it broke another time from a stress fracture from mearly using it.

I also called Seido and was told I could get a warranty Replacement. The procedure is to email an explanation of how it happened with a picture, and purchase receipt. I did all of that and they came back a few days later and said if I mailed it in at my expense they would send a replacement.
I gave up
I am very happy with my Verizon case and holster for my DNA. YMMV

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, Cross posting my take on Seido

I had several Seidio cases for my Thunderbolt. I had no issues with the case, but the holster is another story. The clip is large and it protrudes. Nearly daily I would bump the clip causing the phone to drop, which caused one broken screen and a lost phone.
Further, the clip got hung up and broke twice costing 30 bucks to replace, and it broke another time from a stress fracture from mearly using it.

I also called Seido and was told I could get a warranty Replacement. The procedure is to email an explanation of how it happened with a picture, and purchase receipt. I did all of that and they came back a few days later and said if I mailed it in at my expense they would send a replacement.
I gave up
I am very happy with my Verizon case and holster for my DNA. YMMV

Man, you must be really rough on these things, cause I have had more than 6 or 7 seidio cases with absolutely 0 problems. I have found that the VZW cases really suck. I don't know about anyone else. Have you tried seidio active cases?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just fyi in the market thread there's a guy selling his incipio case for 15 shipped when new is 40...great bargain

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
UPS just dropped off a case i ordered from amazon its brand is Poetic and the case is atmosphere, its very thin and the back is clear.. Now just waiting on fedex to deliver the phone..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
UPS just dropped off a case i ordered from amazon its brand is Poetic and the case is atmosphere, its very thin and the back is clear.. Now just waiting on fedex to deliver the phone..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

I just looked at that case & it is a really nice looking case! I like that simple classy look. I might pick one up for when I get tired of the Ballistic SG.
$T2eC16Z,!ygE9s7HJ-1oBQ5j1Rzz!w~~60_35.JPG

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
My case just came today. Its very light. No added bulk. I may drill a hole for the back notification light.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

For whatever reason I don't like the material it's made of. I wish it weren't so rubbery. Holding the phone with the case on makes my hand sweat. Which is disappointing because I like the kickstand.

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
For whatever reason I don't like the material it's made of. I wish it weren't so rubbery. Holding the phone with the case on makes my hand sweat. Which is disappointing because I like the kickstand.

Ive read that case puts too much pressure on the sides of the screen which can result in that blue mark some people get on the dna.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Ive read that case puts too much pressure on the sides of the screen which can result in that blue mark some people get on the dna.

Can't say that I've experienced that but I don't want to in the future. One other thing that bothers me is the amount of dust that accumulates under the edge of the case. At the end of every day I have a white line of dust on either side of my phone's display and I have to remove the case to clean it

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this one Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA (Verizon) Clear/Gray(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

and this one SEIDIO | SURFACE Case for HTC Droid DNA

on order. I've got alot of experience with Seidio's products. They're top notch. I had a Poetic Atmosphere case for an iphone and it was pretty solid also. Both cases allow for the LED on the back side.

Does the Poetic case make the power button/volume rocker easier or harder to press?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Friends, the Seidio Active cases for the DNA are out. Available on their web site and showing on Amazon, but "out of stock" there.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Friends, the Seidio Active cases for the DNA are out. Available on their web site and showing on Amazon, but "out of stock" there.

Cool, even though the black surface should arrive today, I'll probably grab the red one too when it's released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mdb322

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
TPU Cases

What would be ideal is a transparent silicone / TPU case that fits as well as the Verizon one but has the power button covered as well as a smaller opening for the back speaker. Unbranded is key too.
I purchased the Argyle Smoke Crystal Silicone Case for HTC Droid DNA from Accessory Geeks. It would be ideal except that it didn't fit as snugly and there was barely any lip around the top edges like the Verizon case. A disappointment since the quality is there but fit isn't. Someone needs to clone the Verizon TPU case and make the suggested tweaks. There's nothing out there that fits as well, isn't branded, and transparent so that you can see the rear LED.

I posted pics of both. You can see how the Verizon case had the excessively large opening for the rear speaker. It also shows what seems to be a covering for the power button but there isn't one. Only the volume buttons have covers. The lip on the front of the Verizon case is perfect since it gives the added protection without any added bulkiness.

The Argyle case is well made and covers all of the buttons and the ideal sized cutout for the rear speaker. Now if it only fit like the Verizon ...

Attachments

• htc_6435_dna_silhg_blu_htc6435silhgblu.png
    htc_6435_dna_silhg_blu_htc6435silhgblu.png
    92 KB · Views: 238
  • Argyle.png
    Argyle.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the clear Androidified case from Cruzerlite. Looks awesome, TPU, slightly raised edges above the screen, the Bugdroid on the back looks awesome, good grip on the sides, and it's mostly transparent so the rear notification can be easily seen, along with the red side and top accents. And most importantly, it doesn't add too much bulk to the device. Oh and lastly, it works amazingly well with my Nokia QI charging plate. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a case.

Michael Vu

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone receive the Seidio Active case yet?

Mine is on its way. They said I could exchange it for the SURFACE if I wanted, I just really liked the Kickstand, but hoping the ACTIVE doesn't make it less sleek.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone receive the Seidio Active case yet?

Mine is on its way. They said I could exchange it for the SURFACE if I wanted, I just really liked the Kickstand, but hoping the ACTIVE doesn't make it less sleek.

Order it directly from Seidio?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome