Droid DNA Cases

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone like the Verizon silicone case over other cases?

I think I might actually like the Verizon silicone case better. It's thinner which affords less protection but I'm really careful with my phone and use the case for minor bumps and such. And I personally don't like the button on the diztronic case

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
That looks great.
Quick question, do you have a screen protector on it? I'm wondering if the case would ruin a screen protector like some of the other two piece slid on cases do.

I have a ZAGG invisishield on it. You just have to sort of pull up on the case as you slide it on slowly. Works fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice buy right here on this site used code SAVE15

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-11-12-50-50_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-12-50-50_1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 55

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i decided if i'm going to use a case i might as well get the toughest case there is. so i got an otterbox defender. i like it so far. there is some reduced sensitivity in the touchscreen but i'm getting used to it. i can't make myself use the holster though. i had one when i had a blackberry because it would turn the phone on when i removed it from the holster. it was convenient. now i'm on my phone so much it would be so annoying to have to take it out all the time. plus i think it would be more likely to drop it trying to remove it.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
i decided if i'm going to use a case i might as well get the toughest case there is. so i got an otterbox defender. i like it so far. there is some reduced sensitivity in the touchscreen but i'm getting used to it. i can't make myself use the holster though. i had one when i had a blackberry because it would turn the phone on when i removed it from the holster. it was convenient. now i'm on my phone so much it would be so annoying to have to take it out all the time. plus i think it would be more likely to drop it trying to remove it.
I tried otterbox first, too bulky. Hope the seidio is not as bulky. I normally will not use the cradle, but there will be times it will come in handy. Price, was too good to pass up. Ordered yesterday, shipped today. Will know by Friday if I
Like it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had my DNA naked for the first three days and decided not to take the risk. I now havethe otterbox defender on it with a stock Verizon screen cover. The defender built in cover reduced screen sensitivity so bad that I had to double press multiple tims to input anything. I ripped the plastic cover out and now the screen is much more responsive and less dull. Atleast I know the glass with be protected by the Verizon screen protector and the body via the defender case. Only complaints, it really does feel like a different phone. Ive forgotten the slim sexy profile of the phone. The case has a little creak and leeway on the left hand side after the plastic cover was removed, and the Verizon screen protector smudges and shows oil very easily. Won't wipe off completely unless you use a microfiber cloth

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had my DNA naked for the first three days and decided not to take the risk. I now havethe otterbox defender on it with a stock Verizon screen cover. The defender built in cover reduced screen sensitivity so bad that I had to double press multiple tims to input anything. I ripped the plastic cover out and now the screen is much more responsive and less dull. Atleast I know the glass with be protected by the Verizon screen protector and the body via the defender case. Only complaints, it really does feel like a different phone. Ive forgotten the slim sexy profile of the phone. The case has a little creak and leeway on the left hand side after the plastic cover was removed, and the Verizon screen protector smudges and shows oil very easily. Won't wipe off completely unless you use a microfiber cloth

That's a problem with the last 2 Otterbox cases I've had with previous devices. I switched to Ballistic cases and they are a million times better! No creaking and better feedback from buttons. You can get the Ballistic SG on Amazon or Ebay for about $20.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
and the Verizon screen protector smudges and shows oil very easily. Won't wipe off completely unless you use a microfiber cloth
Smudges drove me crazy!

I ended up with a Glare Free screen protector from Day Deal's site, and really love it. It hides smudges and fingerprints for the most part, and when I do get smudges, a quick wipe on a tee-shirt or jeans, and they're gone!

For a case, I'm currently using an Incipio feather case. Lightweight, retains the curved sleek back form of the DNA, and has a soft touch feel.

Only negative on the case is, it doesn't protect the top and bottom edges, except with a minimum lip.

I did order the Seidio Surface case, in Amethyst. I'm such a sucker for cases!

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
What's the Best Holster/Case combo people have found? I don 't like Screen protectors, The smoothness and clarity of this screen is too good to cover. Since I don't do screen protectors , I am very wary of putting phone in my pocket.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Case is due tomorrow. Unfortunately I dropped the phone today. Landed face down, completely shattered. Glass is falling off. First time I dropped it. Only got phone 3 days ago.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

It seems like the built in screen protector scratches very easily. On the top right side of the screen there are a bunch of parallel scratches very close together. I can't think of what would make that kind of scratch. I don't think it's on the actual screen. Can't imagine something getting under the protector that would do that much damage.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone 3 days ago. I was coming off an opening day Thunderbolt. I had full insurance on it (asurian). I was not aware it would cost $99 to replace even with insurance, some how salesman neglected that part. I had T-bolt for almost 23 months. I cracked it. I had unlimited data I did not want to loses. When I tried replacing it, and found out it would cost $99 I said screw it and got anew phone. I was mad and told them they can keep the insurance :'( I was VERY relieved to find the salesman added it to the account even though I said NO I wanted nothing to do with it. Just initiated claim and should have a replacement tomorrow. Still sad. My phone was brand spanking new not a mark on it. One drop and completely shattered. Gorilla glass2 my arse! My old Tbolt took at least a hundred drops no protection. Unfortunately that last drop caused a crack on the Tbolt. Now new one also, gonna change my name to cracker :(

Attachments

• dna.jpg
    dna.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone 3 days ago. I was coming off an opening day Thunderbolt. I had full insurance on it (asurian). I was not aware it would cost $99 to replace even with insurance, some how salesman neglected that part. I had T-bolt for almost 23 months. I cracked it. I had unlimited data I did not want to loses. When I tried replacing it, and found out it would cost $99 I said screw it and got anew phone. I was mad and told them they can keep the insurance :'( I was VERY relieved to find the salesman added it to the account even though I said NO I wanted nothing to do with it. Just initiated claim and should have a replacement tomorrow. Still sad. My phone was brand spanking new not a mark on it. One drop and completely shattered. Gorilla glass2 my arse! My old Tbolt took at least a hundred drops no protection. Unfortunately that last drop caused a crack on the Tbolt. Now new one also, gonna change my name to cracker :(

well, Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant. not impact proof. the main thing keeping a case on mine is the curved glass edges. way more susceptible to cracking.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Man, so sorry to hear that happened. Wishing you better fortunes with the replacement!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2