Page 1 of 19 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid DNA Cases

Hey guys, have you found any cool cases for the Droid DNA? Otterbox just put up a page with their Droid DNA Defender and Commuter Series Cases (though they are not available yet). The Commuter looks pretty sick.

Seen any other cool cases?
    Thanked by:
    jcochran1977 and Fraggle79 like this.

Default Re: Droid DNA Cases

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Fan 223 View Post
    Hey guys, have you found any cool cases for the Droid DNA? Otterbox just put up a page with their Droid DNA Defender and Commuter Series Cases (though they are not available yet). The Commuter looks pretty sick.

Seen any other cool cases?
    That one doesn't appear to have an opening on the back for the 2nd LED notification light
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I think I could get over that, though.
    hannsoft likes this.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

That is one ugly case man. Nothing like my Nexus commuter box.

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Haven't seen anything. I saw the same Otterbox as you. But I want to wait and see how the Incipio ones will look.

I just ordered the shell holster case from Verizon with my preorder. That will be fine for me.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michiganmobile View Post
    I just ordered the shell holster case from Verizon with my preorder. That will be fine for me.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums
    Fedex just showed up with this... Even I ordered it with my DNA in the same order, when I held the box in my hand I know it couldn't be the phone cause it was too light. But I did have that moment of excitement "Ya! the TOY is here a whole day early" and only to find out it's just the case.

This is just the standard Verizon black crosshatch rubberize case with the belt clip and the case does have a stand that pops out, this will work for me for now until something better comes out.

A couple things I would like to point out with this case.

1. on the case there is a sticker that says "works with wireless charging", since I don't have the phone so I can't verify but I assume Verizon did their home work before they slapped that on the box.

2. there is no cutout for the back notification light. (This would be either a pro or con depends how you feel about the back notification light).

Has anyone found a decent temp case for this yet. I don't want to spend a bundle for a case I'm not going to use for long. Something TPU would be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Waiting for the Incipio cases

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Only the vzw and otterbox. I saw some neat skins on amazon. Like a carbon fiber back or a brushed aluminum. I'm going to buy them. Only for pre order now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P
    Legalized Drug Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    That one doesn't appear to have an opening on the back for the 2nd LED notification light
    I have yet to see one that does....
    -Matt

HTC DNA
    akira751 likes this.

I ordered the otterbox commuter series today, It should work for me until more choices become available.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Seidio is working on the DNA Cases, I am guessing a few weeks?
    I would go with an active case with holster.... if no one else comes out with a better case.

I wouldn't mind the Defender, just waiting for a cheaper price on Amazon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    Fedex just showed up with this... Even I ordered it with my DNA in the same order, when I held the box in my hand I know it couldn't be the phone cause it was too light. But I did have that moment of excitement "Ya! the TOY is here a whole day early" and only to find out it's just the case.

This is just the standard Verizon black crosshatch rubberize case with the belt clip and the case does have a stand that pops out, this will work for me for now until something better comes out.

A couple things I would like to point out with this case.

1. on the case there is a sticker that says "works with wireless charging", since I don't have the phone so I can't verify but I assume Verizon did their home work before they slapped that on the box.

2. there is no cutout for the back notification light. (This would be either a pro or con depends how you feel about the back notification light).
    I can confirm this case woks for wireless charging(I'm using the LG wireless charger). It's actually a really nice case.
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1967 View Post
    I ordered the otterbox commuter series today, It should work for me until more choices become available.
    Please update thread with impressions when you get it! I'm thinking hard about getting the commuter when I get my DNA in a couple weeks

ROM
    Stock

I would like to see a bumper case for the DNA, like the Nexus 4 is getting...OR i would like a case that complements the nice sleek body of the DNA...

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I wonder if anyone will make a microSD case...that'd be so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I wonder if anyone will make a microSD case...that'd be so awesome.
    Ditto I said this awhile ago like the iexpander case for iphones

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Fan 223 View Post
    Please update thread with impressions when you get it! I'm thinking hard about getting the commuter when I get my DNA in a couple weeks
    I will .
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by streetstrip01 View Post
    I have yet to see one that does....
    With the Verizon silicon case, you can see the back LED notification light through the case, so, it does not need a hole to be seen.
    HuskerAv and Bryan Hesse like this.

I went with the TPU type case at the Verizon store - this is the result of the phone being in my back pocket while putting up Christmas lights last night (less than 8 hrs with the phone). Needless to say, I am very upset with myself - I kinda felt like that wasn't a good idea to start with (I normally carry in a belt clip). There was no impact, no bumping and no drop to the phone - just me repeatedly bending over with it in my back pocket. I am now wondering if that overall length (tallness) of the phone might be an issue with its overall sturdiness. I thankfully purchased the insurance when I bought it so I will be getting it replaced - when it becomes available, which it is not yet
    I will be ordering the Otterbox Defender this time around.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayzryd266 View Post
    I went with the TPU type case at the Verizon store - this is the result of the phone being in my back pocket while putting up Christmas lights last night (less than 8 hrs with the phone). Needless to say, I am very upset with myself - I kinda felt like that wasn't a good idea to start with (I normally carry in a belt clip). There was no impact, no bumping and no drop to the phone - just me repeatedly bending over with it in my back pocket. I am now wondering if that overall length (tallness) of the phone might be an issue with its overall sturdiness. I thankfully purchased the insurance when I bought it so I will be getting it replaced - when it becomes available, which it is not yet
    assuming something bad happen to the phone? the picture is not showing.

Ok. I saw the picture via the link in quote. OUCH. I am not sure how other people does it, I have never put the phone in the back pocket. However I am surprised to see the damage it caused.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzryd266 View Post
    Holy Cow!, you must have buns of steel.

For me, i'm honestly still using my old verizon droid x holster.
    It sticks out the sides a bit, but the elastic is worn out just enough so it's snug. It was a good case for my dx for years so i hope they make a dna version.

Quote Originally Posted by jedge View Post
    Holy Cow!, you must have buns of steel.

For me, i'm honestly still using my old verizon droid x holster.
    It sticks out the sides a bit, but the elastic is worn out just enough so it's snug. It was a good case for my dx for years so i hope they make a dna version.
    Hahaha - that's what my wife said. I'm still devastated over it. Assurion put me on back order since the phone is so new - no telling how long I will have to hold on to my Tbolt now...lol
Page 1 of 19 1234 ... LastLast