Straight from HTC USA on why no SD slot exists

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Via HTC USA's Facebook page

HTC USA U.S. customers have easy access to cloud storage solutions through Verizon Wireless? 4G LTE network and ample access to Wi-Fi. This fact was balanced with the desire to make DROID DNA as slender as possible with an incredible 5-inch HD screen.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's a bunch of bunk. A real deal breaker for me. Had this been equipped with a micro SD slot I would had purchased it.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree....this is BS. At least offer a 32 gig version. Whether it's Verizon or HTC to blame, they really dropped the ball here.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's a bunch of bunk. A real deal breaker for me. Had this been equipped with a micro SD slot I would had purchased it.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Okay, you build a phone with the specs the DNA has and see if you can fit a microSD card in AND do so without ticking off the carrier that's supposed to market it for you. In the meantime, the rest of us should listen to the people that actually designed the phone.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
"What a bunch of Malarkey!" ....lol The phone manufacturers are in bed with the carriers and its a way for carriers to make more money. As cameras get bigger and megapixels increase and games get bigger and more complex it makes sense to have either bigger storage options in the phone or an option for SD. Don't be fooled, all these decisions are to make more money. The only thing to combat this is to either don't use the cloud service or don't buy phones without SD slots. The Note 2 is sounding better and better. You would think these manufacturers would see how successful phones like the note and S2 and S3 are.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
As Biden would say, "What a bunch of Malarkey!" The phone manufacturers are in bed with the carriers and its a way for carriers to make more money. As cameras get bigger and megapixels increase and games get bigger and more complex it makes sense to have either bigger storage options in the phone or an option for SD. Don't be fooled, all these decisions are to make more money. The only thing to combat this is to either don't use the cloud service or don't buy phones without SD slots. The Note 2 is sounding better and better. You would think these manufacturers would see how successful phones like the note and S2 and S3 are.

Samsungs phones are successful because of marketing, not because they include SD slots.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
As Biden would say, "What a bunch of Malarkey!" The phone manufacturers are in bed with the carriers and its a way for carriers to make more money. As cameras get bigger and megapixels increase and games get bigger and more complex it makes sense to have either bigger storage options in the phone or an option for SD. Don't be fooled, all these decisions are to make more money. The only thing to combat this is to either don't use the cloud service or don't buy phones without SD slots. The Note 2 is sounding better and better. You would think these manufacturers would see how successful phones like the note and S2 and S3 are.

as soon as you quoted biden i stopped paying attention to your post.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Samsungs phones are successful because of marketing, not because they include SD slots.

Correction. Samsung's phones are successful in spite of the half baked SD card they have present, but fail to support in the OS.
/sdcard
/sdcard0
/sdcard-ext

Good luck getting that to work with 4.2 :-/

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Still, no one is forcing anyone to buy this phone. Don't buy it if you don't like it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Still, no one is forcing anyone to buy this phone. Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Even so, if you want to skimp on the sdcard slot, make it a 32-64gb phone

Edit:sorry Ry, didn't really mean to quote you

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Something tells me HTC is going to release the DNA+ with 64gb and a bigger battery like they did with the onex

Sent from my PC36100

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay, you build a phone with the specs the DNA has and see if you can fit a microSD card in AND do so without ticking off the carrier that's supposed to market it for you. In the meantime, the rest of us should listen to the people that actually designed the phone.

what? fit it in there? the j butterfly has one in it and is identical in dimensions. as far as ticking off carrier, EVERY other android phone on VZW has an SD slot. so what do mean?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Correction. Samsung's phones are successful in spite of the half baked SD card they have present, but fail to support in the OS.
/sdcard
/sdcard0
/sdcard-ext

Good luck getting that to work with 4.2 :-/

True.

People seem to conveniently ignore the half-assed implementation of sd cards, which is the reason why Google ditched them in the first place.

God help you if you have a Samsung on a Mac. It's like playing a game of which storage volume your content will end up on.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
what? fit it in there? the j butterfly has one in it and is identical in dimensions. as far as ticking off carrier, EVERY other android phone on VZW has an SD slot. so what do mean?

The gnex and the LG Intuition would like a word....

Anyway, I agree the implementation sucks, but it is no excuse. Programming can be changed

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The gnex and the LG Intuition would like a word....

Anyway, I agree the implementation sucks, but it is no excuse. Programming can be changed

But that's the problem. If android OEMs had been doing it right from the start, we wouldn't have the issue and google would never have ditched sd cards. But since laggards like Samsung cant get their acts together, google decided to fix it themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol