Straight from HTC USA on why no SD slot exists

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing is certain in life and that's change, the great thing about change is as humans we are designed to be very adaptable.
Everyone has a preference but I've worked on computers for 36 yrs, if you can't memory manage in this day and age you'll have issues.
As people said and we know, apps, games, videos are all getting larger, I have 2 terabytes of storage at home, and still use dropbox.
I personally like the phone, and I'll be getting 2 (pending battery reviews) but I will be Smarter than Verizon, and still do what I want to do
without paying them a arm/leg for data rate.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
But that's the problem. If android OEMs had been doing it right from the start, we wouldn't have the issue and google would never have ditched sd cards. But since laggards like Samsung cant get their acts together, google decided to fix it themselves.

You mean Google ruined a great feature themselves.

The sd card situation wasn't broken.

It works great on the galaxy s 3, worked great in my HTC EVO 4G, work great in my wife's razr m, her old infuse - . See where I'm going with this?

What's so hard about making a decent sized internal memory, then making the sd card show up as "external sd"?

Removing a beneficial feature is NEVER beneficial to the user experience

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

dbltap

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. Cloud is NOT the total answer. Cloud requires..... Network Access. Network access is limited and expensive.... from an airplane. I fly 125-150 thousand miles a year. Much of that is international. Sorry, cloud is not an option. Removing the SD card kills my ability to take media with me for a 2 week trip.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You mean Google ruined a great feature themselves.

The sd card situation wasn't broken.

It works great on the galaxy s 3, worked great in my HTC EVO 4G, work great in my wife's razr m, her old infuse - . See where I'm going with this?

What's so hard about making a decent sized internal memory, then making the sd card show up as "external sd"?

Removing a beneficial feature is NEVER beneficial to the user experience

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Except it WAS broken, because every manufacturer used a different implementation. Go read up on googles reasons for removing them.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont mind using the cloud but I refuse to be a slave to it! 32 is not enough to me, my tbolt with 8 + 32 OS the minimum. don't care if its internal or SD, buy as much as I love HTC phones, they can keep their POS. no wonder Samsung is kicking theirss ,look at all the storage they give.

viskey

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
htc's answer is BS...this obviously confirms that it was verizon that wanted the sd slot removed.....and the 2nd part about being a thin phone w/ 5" screen? the J butterfly is thin and has a 5" screen and it has a sd slot.....wrong response htc.....

CobraKahn#AC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
They delivered the highest resolution screen in the smallest possible package with the best processor available for their target price point of $199. More storage or a bigger battery would not be doable at that price point. Other $199 phones have more storage and battery, but none has this screen at this size and this processor. Something has to give. At $259 or $299 we could have a phone that does it all, but that would be a low volume phone since there are not many of us enthusiasts willing to pay a premium price for a premium product. Consumers are cheap and anything above $199 is not viable - and the Nexus 4 is a different animal without LTE so apples to oranges.

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Except it WAS broken, because every manufacturer used a different implementation. Go read up on googles reasons for removing them.
Dude, who dubbed you "defender of the DNA"? Get a life.

htc's answer is BS...this obviously confirms that it was verizon that wanted the sd slot removed.....and the 2nd part about being a thin phone w/ 5" screen? the J butterfly is thin and has a 5" screen and it has a sd slot.....wrong response htc.....
+1! HTC and Verizon really screwed up. Ok, I understand the sd card deal, but why not 32 gigs of internal like my gnex?

LOL! I think we could be friends!
Yeah, and you guys can rub each other's backs while you cry your little hearts out over Ohio. LOL, LMFAO @ republicans!

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Dude, who dubbed you "defender of the DNA"? Get a life.

+1! HTC and Verizon really screwed up. Ok, I understand the sd card deal, but why not 32 gigs of internal like my gnex?

Yeah, and you guys can rub each other's backs while you cry your little hearts out over Ohio. LOL, LMFAO @ republicans!

Easy there SuperJon, lets keep this civil.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Easy there SuperJon, lets keep this civil.

He IS keeping it civil. Defending HTC's weak responses to our complaints like they're paying him or something is kinda annoying.. And taking shots at our vice-prez was also unnecessary. So tell whoever he responded to, to keep it civil. Thanks.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

1. They said because they confused customers, but what's confusing about it? You pop in a card, it asks if you want to save media to the card or internal storage. Just that simple.

2. If Google takes the feature out, they no longer have a standard way of implementing it, so once again it's Google's fault and their bad decision.

3. How is removing 2 of your functional,useful advantages over the competition (Apple) ever a good idea?

Android fanboys these days are hypocrites. As bad as they bashed Apple for no extended storage and a non removable battery, now they're using the same reasoning to defend android for doing the same. Removing those features was a bad move, period. Then as well as now

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I believe the majority of us believe that HTC's response is B.S., and I don't think we're a bunch of dummies. I'm not a tech genius, but I know when someone is bullsh*tting me.. and that's exactly what HTC is doing. The handful of you know-it-alls can defend HTC all you want, but the fact is that customers want more storage options. If we continue to let this slide then more and more phones will be released with less storage options and the "cloud" being pushed upon us, forcing us to spend more money on data. I'm only just entering into my 2nd year with Verizon so I doubt I'll be upgrading already. I would love to go pre-paid with a Nexus and have the latest updates but even THAT has limited storage, but better data plans so it doesn't hurt the pocket as much. If the DNA had a 4.7" screen with 32GB internal storage it would be a better deal IMO..

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
He IS keeping it civil. Defending HTC's weak responses to our complaints like they're paying him or something is kinda annoying.. And taking shots at our vice-prez was also unnecessary. So tell whoever he responded to, to keep it civil. Thanks.

Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Via HTC USA's Facebook page

slender... I'll take an SD slot and decent size battery over "slender as possible" any day!!!!!!!!!!! I used to love HTC, but as far as I'm concerned they can wither up and die (like they're already stating to) cause in my mind they are no better than Apple now... and I cannot stand Apple and their proprietary and their thinking they know what's best for everybody!

Sorry for the language boys and girls... but this SD card and battery thing is really pissing me off! Cloud Storage doesn't do me a damn bit of good without unlimited data through Version now... watch only two movies and my ing data allowance is gone for the month!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz