Straight from HTC USA on why no SD slot exists

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Ask yourself this... If you were to go outside and pick SGS3 owners at random, what percentage would know how big their SD card is? My guess would be a pretty damn small percentage.

The overwhelming majority of people are not like us.

Most would know because it was sold without one. IF you have an SD card in your SGS3, you bought it and put it there. So you would know!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Most would know because it was sold without one. IF you have an SD card in your SGS3, you bought it and put it there. So you would know!

I wonder what percentage of users actually added an SD card to their Galaxy S III.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what percentage of users actually added an SD card to their Galaxy S III.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I wonder how many bought the 32gig SGS3 vs the 16gig model?

An earlier comments on this thread spoke of the $199 price point as an explanation for the 16gig DNA. The SGS3 was/is $50 more for the 32gig. Why wasn't that done for the DNA?

I would have considered the DNA with 32gig, but 16? NOPE!

ilikepear

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
IMO, Non expandable storage works for apple so well because of this 2 reason:
1. Customer have no choice, if they want iOS they have to pick iPhone.
2. Their applications are sandboxed, data cannot pass freely between apps. (can have restricted access thou) - having the ability to expand storage with this design can be 'confusing', because you need to take into account what to do if the user pull out his sd card when he exceeded his own local storage? - Pretty much like the move2sd for android.

For android, expandable storage works so well because of :
1. All applications share the same local data, it is reasonable to have expansion, much like a PC.
2. sd card performance is on par with internal storage nowadays, the slight drop means nothing, you can listen to music.. edit doc.. video all fine. Gone are the days of android 2.3 512mb move2d phones.

Rather then thinking of "It is enough for most ppl, do not need to include", they should be thinking "It is enough for most ppl, include anyways."

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd stayed away from this thread for some time, I took the time to read it today since I'm off for the holiday and will be picking up the phone tomorrow (2 actually).
This thread is a example where a few try to speak for the many, and contradict each other ad nausium. The web and these forums can be of great help to many but way too often get polluted.
No one should speak for others, why they buy a phone, what features they use and only speak of their own needs and how those may help others, ones not so tech oriented.
alas I'm not the forum police but if we use these constructively for all, all will benefit a great deal (yes I know i'm off topic ;-)

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to withdraw everyone.

129051694858833271.jpg

:)

Max Dutton

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's actually true! I said it the entire time.....Verizon WANTS to push its users to PAY for THEIR cloud services. Verizon offers 500mb free, you have to pay for more. There are free alternatives out there. Personally, I think it sucks! :)

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ask yourself this... If you were to go outside and pick SGS3 owners at random, what percentage would know how big their SD card is? My guess would be a pretty damn small percentage.

The overwhelming majority of people are not like us.
agree 100%, a co-worker came to me a few weeks back cause she was unable to download new apps and turns out her internal memory is full and she does not even have a sd card in the phone. when asked, she said she doesn't know anything about it. HAHA.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

All of them would know

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Correction. Samsung's phones are successful in spite of the half baked SD card they have present, but fail to support in the OS.
/sdcard
/sdcard0
/sdcard-ext

Good luck getting that to work with 4.2 :-/

So, we can expect that the microSD slot in the new Galaxy S4 is not going to work, then? Or maybe it's not really coming with 4.2 on it?