Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    Question. How did you get the 4 up there on the nexus 4. Its been raking my mind
    Lol...on JB stock keyboard, press '?123' and when u see the digit four, long press it.

    neXus⁴ .... tada!

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by X 0 N 0 D E View Post
    Lol...on JB stock keyboard, press '?123' and when u see the digit four, long press it.

    neXus⁴ .... tada!

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    What sorcery is this!!!!! JB keyboard you say? ICS?
    X0LARIUM likes this.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Can you even activate a N4 on Verizon's network? If not, then that kinda takes the wind out of comparing these two phones unless you plan on switching carriers or adding another carrier.
    FishPharm likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    What sorcery is this!!!!! JB keyboard you say? ICS?
    Yes. Learned it in the second year at Hogwarts. Lol!

    Google Play Store > JB keyboard.


    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    My vote would almost always be a Nexus phone but damn the DNA looks sweet!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  6. #31  
    Rizz1-2's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    FYI - glass may break if you drop it.
    neXus⁴ of DNA?-phil-funny-say-what.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  7. #32  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Well with the news that you can have a custom recovery on it now, the DNA just got a lot more appealing.
    "...take it with a grain of salt..." - The saying I hate the most now thanks to HTC Thunderbolt forums lol
    X0LARIUM likes this.
  8. #33  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Haven't we heard this song and dance with every new phone/CPU/gpu/screen that comes out?. O ya this new CPU is going to cut down on power by 25% which will give u exceptional battery life bla bla bla. I have had over 10 android phones and most of those phones dating back to the OG Droid and Droid x up to the note the razr and gnex would all get me between 2-3 hours screen on time. Progress has been made but every time a new phone comes we are hearing of how great the battery life and all these reviews come out omg I got 32 hours! And then when the phone drops in stores ppl get it realize its equal to most of the other options and is average and nobody says anything after that.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Except the latest phones have backed up the hype with results. The S3 has great battery life considering its specs. So did the one x and the Optimus g.

    The new chipsets are making a big dent in power consumption, and it can't be ignored.
  9. #34  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    The N4 also has the price $299/$350 over the DNA, and in the long run will be cheaper to use than the DNA.
    It also uses an inferior wireless standard so is less future-proofed.
  10. #35  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by X 0 N 0 D E View Post
    Am liking the n⁴ more I'm seeing it..DNA looks like a plastic slab.

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    Read some of the hands on reviews so far. Nearly every one says its a fantastic feeling handset. Some have even said it is the best android handset at the moment, bar none.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Read some of the hands on reviews so far. Nearly every one says its a fantastic feeling handset. Some have even said it is the best android handset at the moment, bar none.
    U mean the nX⁴ right? A member here got his and he started of saying "I read a lot and the text looks just perfect". That's it..enough for me to make a decision.

    Now just waiting for the price..

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Except the latest phones have backed up the hype with results. The S3 has great battery life considering its specs. So did the one x and the Optimus g.

    The new chipsets are making a big dent in power consumption, and it can't be ignored.
    My one x didn't have any better battery than my Droid razr

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    It also uses an inferior wireless standard so is less future-proofed.
    Like 42mbps hspa+ is going to out dated in a year or 2?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  14. #39  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    It also uses an inferior wireless standard so is less future-proofed.
    That inferior wireless phone sold out in less than 15 minutes worldwide.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Funny that people are already getting butthurt because a new phone that is better than theirs is coming out.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  16. #41  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AegonTheDragon View Post
    Funny that people are already getting butthurt because a new phone that is better than theirs is coming out.
    Depends on what your definition of better is.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    People, both are great devices.

    I need to just know if there will be any problems in the future..like the boot loader not being unlocked by Moto wasn't known when I got my RaZr.

    Anyway, I'm liking the nX⁴ as it has a perfect screen size and resolution. Plus, HTC is infamous for its battery.

    So that's kinda 2+2 situation.

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  18. #43  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by X 0 N 0 D E View Post
    U mean the nX⁴ right? A member here got his and he started of saying "I read a lot and the text looks just perfect". That's it..enough for me to make a decision.

    Now just waiting for the price..

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    No. The DNA.
  19. #44  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Like 42mbps hspa+ is going to out dated in a year or 2?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Considering how limited t-mobiles footprint is, and that they are aggressively moving to LTE, yes. You're better off with an LTE device.
  20. #45  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    That inferior wireless phone sold out in less than 15 minutes worldwide.
    Considering we don't know how many they had to begin with, that's irrelevant.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Considering how limited t-mobiles footprint is, and that they are aggressively moving to LTE, yes. You're better off with an LTE device.
    O sorry I forgot AT&T and T-Mobile will be done with hspa+ and be ripping out the towers 2 years or less my bad.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  22. #47  

    Default neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    O sorry I forgot AT&T and T-Mobile will be done with hspa+ and be ripping out the towers 2 years or less my bad.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    They will stop investing (and in fact already have) in their non LTE infrastructure. Whatever map you have now for coverage won't ever expand.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    No point in arguing these 2 devices because one is not ridiculously better than the other to make someone want to leave their carrier to get one or the other. I don't see the n4 being better to where a lot of ppl will leave Verizon to get it. I don't think many att/T-Mobile customers will think the DNA is that much better to leave att/T-Mobile to get it. Only reason I would see that happening is if someone left Verizon to get the n4 on a prepaid carrier

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    No point in arguing these 2 devices because one is not ridiculously better than the other to make someone want to leave their carrier to get one or the other. I don't see the n4 being better to where a lot of ppl will leave Verizon to get it. I don't think many att/T-Mobile customers will think the DNA is that much better to leave att/T-Mobile to get it. Only reason I would see that happening is if someone left Verizon to get the n4 on a prepaid carrier

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    That's the point. Had they been very different, it would have been an easy choice, hence no thread. But the fact that they are close on each other's heel, is what makes me wonder what to do next.

    Except fort he huge screen size, I see it not very different from any other HTC. Then again, the same can be said for the nX⁴ (about its make and back).

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: neXus⁴ of DNA?

    Quote Originally Posted by X 0 N 0 D E View Post
    That's the point. Had they been very different, it would have been an easy choice, hence no thread. But the fact that they are close on each other's heel, is what makes me wonder what to do next.

    Except fort he huge screen size, I see it not very different from any other HTC. Then again, the same can be said for the nX⁴ (about its make and back).

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    But if ur already on Verizon is the n4 so much better than the DNA that u would pay an etf and move carriers? I don't see any huge different that would make someone leave for either phone.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Nexus: Confirmation of SD card slot?
    By Ricky Babalu in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 11:55 PM
  3. Nexus Instead of Rezound? - Release 12/15
    By tourboy in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 03:56 PM
  4. I think I've decided on the Nexus (out of nowhere)
    By 0pusX in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
  5. NEED HELP: Nexus Prime of SGSII?
    By FreakyLocz14 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions