Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default why you should wait

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Why are you so adamant about this without doing any research about it? You're wrong.
    As I said, it is manager discretion. Best buy has no price match policy for cell phones.

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.
    Cell phones are not covered by this policy. Their absence in this policy makes it clear.

Default Re: why you should wait

So then this isn't for you apparently. But I don't understand why your personal interest against spending a few minutes to look for lower prices means that others would not find this information useful and worthwhile. Are you really trying to negate the whole price match offer/option because of your own personal circumstances?

I don't understand why people seem to be picking fights over an option that will or may save numerous people money. I'm not going to fight about this. It worked for me, it worked for others and it will continue to work for others. Sorry for bringing it to your attention.
    I did not pick a fight, nor do I have any "personal interest against" your idea. You said that "anyone who pre-orders is throwing their money away." I just gave you a real life example of how that isn't exactly true.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    As I said, it is manager discretion. Best buy has no price match policy for cell phones.

Cell phones are not covered by this policy. Their absence in this policy makes it clear.
    You're acting like I'm a snake oil salesman. This will work for many. Here's the Droid Razr Maxx HD thread where people repeatedly report success.
    Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Default why you should wait

You're acting like I'm a snake oil salesman. This will work for many. Here's the Droid Razr Maxx HD thread where people repeatedly report success.
    Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

No, I'm not. I work in retail management, and any time something like this is intentionally excluded, it was done for a reason. People can try, sure, and some will have luck. But they need to go into it with their eyes open that they could get denied. Best buy is under no obligation under their policy to honor wirefly or amazon prices for phones.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Most of the time amazon will have a better deal just like wire fly. I'm sure the price will drop considering other player will be releasing the same caliber phone. If not. Right now Verizon has the lowest price 599. Wirefly has it at 649. What I did notice on VZW site, the rezound is still priced higher than the DNA lol
    Privacy is overrated :P

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    No, I'm not. I work in retail management, and any time something like this is intentionally excluded, it was done for a reason. People can try, sure, and some will have luck. But they need to go into it with their eyes open that they could get denied. Best buy is under no obligation under their policy to honor wirefly or amazon prices for phones.
    I'm glad we've had a protracted discussion. Here's the conclusion: YMMV. Thanks for your help.

It looks like I just walked in on a squabble fest, but I wanted to add my thanks for the info regarding Best Buy's price match. I prefer to buy locally if possible, and Best Buy is a great option to have.

I thought this was an interesting article on price-drops for Verizon corporate: As prices drop, when’s the best time to buy a new phone? — Mobile Technology News Like others, though, I don't really see any point in buying directly from Verizon, unless the user has some kind of special account switcharooing that only Verizon can do.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12