why you should wait

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So wait until one minute after release and find out. Are you really going to burn a pile of money instead of waiting a few hours to find out? Price Match is now suspended and resumes November 27.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
From https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...11.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat204400050011&token=20Gp_oaO

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So wait until one minute after release and find out. Are you really going to burn a pile of money instead of waiting a few hours to find out? Price Match is now suspended and resumes November 27.
But what you aren't taking into account, is that it's not that simple for everyone... I work nights, my son will be home from college on Wed & Thu (Thanksgiving), and we also ordered two iPhone at the same time. Waiting to see if maybe I could save some money in exchange for the hassle of price matching, just isn't worth it to us.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
But what you aren't taking into account, is that it's not that simple for everyone... I work nights, my son will be home from college on Wed & Thu (Thanksgiving), and we also ordered two iPhone at the same time. Waiting to see if maybe I could save some money in exchange for the hassle of price matching, just isn't worth it to us.

So then this isn't for you apparently. But I don't understand why your personal interest against spending a few minutes to look for lower prices means that others would not find this information useful and worthwhile. Are you really trying to negate the whole price match offer/option because of your own personal circumstances?

I don't understand why people seem to be picking fights over an option that will or may save numerous people money. I'm not going to fight about this. It worked for me, it worked for others and it will continue to work for others. Sorry for bringing it to your attention.

bsSkunkApe

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching carriers and getting myself added to my family's share plan which is going to save me about $30/month ne way. Not worth waiting a couple days for a potentially nonexistent small price break and a bunch of hassle.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Why are you so adamant about this without doing any research about it? You're wrong.

As I said, it is manager discretion. Best buy has no price match policy for cell phones.

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Cell phones are not covered by this policy. Their absence in this policy makes it clear.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So then this isn't for you apparently. But I don't understand why your personal interest against spending a few minutes to look for lower prices means that others would not find this information useful and worthwhile. Are you really trying to negate the whole price match offer/option because of your own personal circumstances?

I don't understand why people seem to be picking fights over an option that will or may save numerous people money. I'm not going to fight about this. It worked for me, it worked for others and it will continue to work for others. Sorry for bringing it to your attention.
I did not pick a fight, nor do I have any "personal interest against" your idea. You said that "anyone who pre-orders is throwing their money away." I just gave you a real life example of how that isn't exactly true.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You're acting like I'm a snake oil salesman. This will work for many. Here's the Droid Razr Maxx HD thread where people repeatedly report success.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=217332

No, I'm not. I work in retail management, and any time something like this is intentionally excluded, it was done for a reason. People can try, sure, and some will have luck. But they need to go into it with their eyes open that they could get denied. Best buy is under no obligation under their policy to honor wirefly or amazon prices for phones.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time amazon will have a better deal just like wire fly. I'm sure the price will drop considering other player will be releasing the same caliber phone. If not. Right now Verizon has the lowest price 599. Wirefly has it at 649. What I did notice on VZW site, the rezound is still priced higher than the DNA lol

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm not. I work in retail management, and any time something like this is intentionally excluded, it was done for a reason. People can try, sure, and some will have luck. But they need to go into it with their eyes open that they could get denied. Best buy is under no obligation under their policy to honor wirefly or amazon prices for phones.

I'm glad we've had a protracted discussion. Here's the conclusion: YMMV. Thanks for your help.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I just walked in on a squabble fest, but I wanted to add my thanks for the info regarding Best Buy's price match. I prefer to buy locally if possible, and Best Buy is a great option to have.

I thought this was an interesting article on price-drops for Verizon corporate: As prices drop, when’s the best time to buy a new phone? — Mobile Technology News Like others, though, I don't really see any point in buying directly from Verizon, unless the user has some kind of special account switcharooing that only Verizon can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar