Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Default Re: Qi Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    I've been looking for the Nokia DT-910 and can't find it in stock anywhere. Anyone know where to pick one of these up?
    They seem to be in stock on the AT&T website.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I've been looking for the Nokia DT-910 and can't find it in stock anywhere. Anyone know where to pick one of these up?
    I ordered one though AT&T last week and it should be delivered today. I tried two local stores with no luck.

Ordered the lg 700 on Amazon for 36.

The Nottinator

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I ordered one though AT&T last week and it should be delivered today. I tried two local stores with no luck.

I ordered a few of these yesterday too. Next week arrival for me I think.

I got my Nokia charger today from Vzw.com.. It is small but, the phone picks it up instantly. No complaints so far. The phone isn't any warmer than when it's on the wired charging.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qi Chargers-20121126_210123.jpg   Qi Chargers-20121126_210321.jpg  
    Thanked by 4:

How's it working for you?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

How's it working for you?
    Tried it last night for the first time and it worked fine. Set the phone on it and it was fully charged this morning, I do wish it would put the phone in a dock mode showing a night time clock. I didn't notice the phone being warmer after charging like some have stated it seemed to be the same temp as when charging with cables. Very happy so far with the purchase now I'm thinking of getting the Nokia Plate for work since it's a little cheaper.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Picked up the LG pad from Verizon yesterday. No problems, though it seems to take a tad longer to fully charge in comparison to the cord.

Tried it last night for the first time and it worked fine. Set the phone on it and it was fully charged this morning, I do wish it would put the phone in a dock mode showing a night time clock. I didn't notice the phone being warmer after charging like some have stated it seemed to be the same temp as when charging with cables. Very happy so far with the purchase now I'm thinking of getting the Nokia Plate for work since it's a little cheaper.

Have you tried using the NFC capability to start a clock app. I have seen a few folks mention it but haven't seen anyone confirm it.

Mini review

This is my wife's dna now and I haven't been able to determine how long it takes to fully charge the battery but the lg 700 charger instantly recognized the dna thru the otterbox commuter.

You don't have to sit there and move it around to get it to charge, just set it down as in the picture and it beeps and starts charging. There also is a pop-up screen showing you are wireless charging and another when you remove it.

Maybe my wife can keep her phone charged up now lol.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qi Chargers-uploadfromtaptalk1354463441890.jpg   Qi Chargers-uploadfromtaptalk1354463454507.jpg  

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post

However, I'm thrilled to say that I haven't had the same issue with multiple beeps. Both my wife and I put our new DNAs on the charging pads last night, and both only beeped just the one time to verify the connection, as designed.
    This has reflected my own experience.

Purchased the LG charging pad at Verizon (had to go there to tranfer my daughter's phone number over to my now retired Razr!) and so far, it's working great!

I've only heard it beep when I put the DNA down on it, I don't have to worry about making sure the DNA is positioned properly, it seems to charge the device anywhere it's placed on the pad, and it charges quickly!

For me, I discontinued our home phone a couple of years ago. Having my previous Razr plugged in to charge, with the short cable provided by Moto, every time the phone would ring, I'd have to unplug it, take the call, then plug it back in when I was done with the call! Total hassle!

Now... I simply pick up my DNA... answer my call... then place it back on the pad when the call is completed!

Easy peasy!
    akira751 and Markster1 like this.

I bought the dual landing pad Energizer off Ebay from someone who was disappointed their new iPhone wouldn't work on it It works very well, no beeps, easy to hit the charge pad. The landing area is pretty big and it doesn't take much aim to hit the spot.
    Wingznut likes this.

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I bought the Duracell powermat and can't get it to work. The power mat turns on and lights up. When I place the phone on to it nothing happens. I moved the phone all over the mat and nothing happens, is their a setting I'm missing on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    I bought the Duracell powermat and can't get it to work. The power mat turns on and lights up. When I place the phone on to it nothing happens. I moved the phone all over the mat and nothing happens, is their a setting I'm missing on the phone?

As far as I know, the Duracell Powermat doesn't use the Qi standard.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bloojay View Post
    As far as I know, the Duracell Powermat doesn't use the Qi standard.
    That probably explains why it doesn't work.. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by shel View Post
    This has reflected my own experience.

Purchased the LG charging pad at Verizon (had to go there to tranfer my daughter's phone number over to my now retired Razr!) and so far, it's working great!

I've only heard it beep when I put the DNA down on it, I don't have to worry about making sure the DNA is positioned properly, it seems to charge the device anywhere it's placed on the pad, and it charges quickly!

For me, I discontinued our home phone a couple of years ago. Having my previous Razr plugged in to charge, with the short cable provided by Moto, every time the phone would ring, I'd have to unplug it, take the call, then plug it back in when I was done with the call! Total hassle!

Now... I simply pick up my DNA... answer my call... then place it back on the pad when the call is completed!

Easy peasy!

The LG is working well for me although my DNA does get warm -- 96 degrees on the front and 99 on the rear after charging awhile. (Measured with infrared temp gun)

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Will the palm touchstone work?

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Nope!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've called 7 Verizon stores in my area yesterday searching for the LG charger and none of them have any. So I went online and they seem to have removed it? Can't locate it anywhere other then Amazon.

I've called 7 Verizon stores in my area yesterday searching for the LG charger and none of them have any. So I went online and they seem to have removed it? Can't locate it anywhere other then Amazon.

That's where I ordered it from because it wasn't on Verizon's website.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Why would they remove it?

Why would they remove it?
    Maybe because they are out of stock... The LG seems to be out of stock in all the usual places to buy.

If you don't want to wait for it to get back in stock, see if you can find an Energizer. I have one of those (as well), and it works great.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

You could try AT&T, last week and they were in stock.

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I went to a tmobile, att, nothing. Oh well just gonna rip the cover off.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Sorry I should have said that I ordered it from AT&T and it was shipped the following day. Here is a link to Nokia Plate
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast