Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Qi Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Fan 223 View Post
    Can you have a case on the DNA, like an Otterbox, and still have wireless charging work? Or does the phone need to be naked?
    Yes I am using a Defender with the LG QI charger, took about 6 Hrs. from 3% to 100%

Quote Originally Posted by heath patrick View Post
    Yes I am using a Defender with the LG QI charger, took about 6 Hrs. from 3% to 100%
    Shows the charge cycle.

I picked up a couple of DT-900s and they work great with my DNA. Kind of $$$, but really convenient. Next thing to get one rigged up for car use when I have NAV running!

Quote Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 View Post
    i wish someone made one that's horizontal upload right.
    and the phone switch to night clock automatically.
    There's an app called better desk clock that has a setting to automatically go to desk clock when plugged into usb. It also works when phone goes into wireless charging mode. App cost $1.99, but works great and nice developer.

My LG Qi charger works perfect. I did notice that if you put your phone upside down on the pad (pad charger power port at bottom of phone) it will not charge and just constantly beeps, so it is possible to place it wrong.

I just the Verizon universal charge pad (it's the LG Qi charger) and it's so nice to not have to plug the USB in.
    It only beeped once when setting the phone on it then the green light starts flashing.
    BUT it never stopped flashing, I thought it would go steady when charged but it didn't. it just kept flashing but it charged to 100%

Just bought the Nokia DT910 upright charger from a local ATT store. Working great!
    jfoofoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    Just bought the Nokia DT910 upright charger from a local ATT store. Working great!
    Same here.. I got the DT900 when I ordered the phone and it's okay but, really small.. I'm using it for my bedroom charger and using the DT910 for the living room. It's perfect.. I'm thinking about getting a fatboy pillow and then I'll be done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qi Chargers-20121207_065045.jpg   Qi Chargers-20121207_065003.jpg  
    akira751 likes this.

They needa design a solar powered qi car dock, no wires at all...wonder if that exists anywhere, any word on any offciall HTC car dock for the the DNA exclusively for the DNA??

Sent from my DROID DNA using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    Just got one as well. Loves it! It works with otterbox commuter on.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

The Body Glove DropSuit can stay on the DNA when on my Verizon-branded LG WCP-700 Qi charger. Also, placing the DNA sideways on the LG charger allows the phone to "breathe" a little while charging and lowers the maximum charging temperature to the mid 90's from the high 90's.

Default Qi Chargers

Do I need a special cover or sleeve to charge on the Nokia dt-900? Also will the phone receive text messages and phone calls when on the charger?

I just got the Nokia DT910 and found it works fine with the both the Verizon silicon and Diztronic cases.

I bought a DT-900 yesterday, got it home and it didn't work. Went back to Verizon and they tested with a htc windows phone as well as a new DNA, they both worked so I'm getting a replacement phone today.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
    I just got the Nokia DT910 and found it works fine with the both the Verizon silicon and Diztronic cases.
    Can I ask where you found a good price on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nytom30 View Post
    Do I need a special cover or sleeve to charge on the Nokia dt-900? Also will the phone receive text messages and phone calls when on the charger?
    I can say that with my DT910 that i can send\receive text messages and take\make phone calls while charging. I would presume the same with the DT900 but I make no promises
    Thanked by:

What app generated this display? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skipfreely View Post
    I bought a DT-900 yesterday, got it home and it didn't work. Went back to Verizon and they tested with a htc windows phone as well as a new DNA, they both worked so I'm getting a replacement phone today.
    FYI new phone works perfectly with charger.

Is anyone worried about wearing out the battery when using these? I think if I bought one I'd be tempted to just set the phone down on it every time I wasn't using it. Since it doesn't have a replacement battery, aren't we working on a limited number of charge cycles here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nytom30 View Post
    No, you don't need any special sleeves or anything. Just place the phone on it. Yes you'll receive calls, texts.. etc
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    Maybe because they are out of stock... The LG seems to be out of stock in all the usual places to buy.

If you don't want to wait for it to get back in stock, see if you can find an Energizer. I have one of those (as well), and it works great.
    I found one on Amazon yesterday

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

My understanding is that there are a limited number of charge cycles, but it is related how much the battery recharges. I think that for most LiOn batteries, there are about 500-700 full charge cycles (before the battery starts to lessen in its capacity), but that is based on a full charge. However, if that battery is recharged from 50% to 100%, that is only 1/2 a charge cycle, so if you recharge at 50% each time, you basically get 1000-1400 charge cycles. Waiting to recharge the phone until it is 90% dead (100% discharge isn't good for LiOn batteries), will use up almost a full charge cycle, while recharging the phone 2x from 50% to 100% will use up 1 full charge cycle.

So I don't think there is much benefit to trying to run the battery longer. I guess the only way to really extend the life of the battery is to minimize the actual use of the battery, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the device.

There is new technology that looks to extend the numbers of charging cycles, and reduce the time to re-charge, hopefully by the time this battery wears out, and the phone is replaced, some of that new technology will be in the new phones 2 years from now!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
    My understanding is that there are a limited number of charge cycles, but it is related how much the battery recharges. I think that for most LiOn batteries, there are about 500-700 full charge cycles (before the battery starts to lessen in its capacity), but that is based on a full charge. However, if that battery is recharged from 50% to 100%, that is only 1/2 a charge cycle, so if you recharge at 50% each time, you basically get 1000-1400 charge cycles. Waiting to recharge the phone until it is 90% dead (100% discharge isn't good for LiOn batteries), will use up almost a full charge cycle, while recharging the phone 2x from 50% to 100% will use up 1 full charge cycle.

So I don't think there is much benefit to trying to run the battery longer. I guess the only way to really extend the life of the battery is to minimize the actual use of the battery, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the device.

There is new technology that looks to extend the numbers of charging cycles, and reduce the time to re-charge, hopefully by the time this battery wears out, and the phone is replaced, some of that new technology will be in the new phones 2 years from now!
    I'm planning on keeping this phone for at least 2 years. I'm sure by then there will replacement batteries on ebay. It wont be easy to swap out but should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post

Lithium Ion batteries have low voltage cut-offs built in to them. You can not over discharge them. They will shut off before you can damage them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Anybody run into the issue like this?.... I just bought the Nokia 900 from Verizon and it worked right off the bat with my DNA and Diztronic case and started charging it on my nightstand before bed. About 2am my room lights up as the screen of my DNA came on stating that it was no longer wirelessly charging and then switch back and forth between connected and not connected. After switching a couple times between not connected and wireless charging it started charging again and the phone went back to sleep. It only happened the one time during the night that I am aware of, but I'm wondering if other people have this happen periodically? Hopefully it's just a fluke
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast