Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Qi Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by DocFreud View Post
    I remember reading, but forget where, (maybe this thread?) that some of the Qi chargers beep when a full charge is reached. I want to place one on the nightstand next to my bed. Which Qi charger is silent? Thanks!
    Pick up the Nokia Fatboy or Dt-900...basically the same charger but the fatboy comes with a laydown pouch. They are silent with only a very small and simple notification light that stays on while it is in use.

The LG/Energizer chargers are the ones that make the sound on full charge and initial placement of the phone...although there are how to videos on how to remove the speaker. I believe they are all within the 50-60 price range. I get a verizon accessory discount so they come out a little less.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nDroid3 View Post
    Pick up the Nokia Fatboy or Dt-900...basically the same charger but the fatboy comes with a laydown pouch. They are silent with only a very small and simple notification light that stays on while it is in use.

The LG/Energizer chargers are the ones that make the sound on full charge and initial placement of the phone...although there are how to videos on how to remove the speaker. I believe they are all within the 50-60 price range. I get a verizon accessory discount so they come out a little less.
    Thanks so much for the info! I'll look at the DT-900, and I also get the corporate discount.

My energizer is silent with a notification light.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

That's good to know. Widen's my choices a bit. Thank you.

Doc, mine is a dual charger, I can only assume the singles operate the same.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Just saw this, anyone know anything else about it?

BUILT TO TYLT

Quote Originally Posted by qwertpiratej View Post

BUILT TO TYLT
    No but that looks pretty cool. It would be nice if it will charge in landscape or portrait. Wish I knew how much they would price this at. I'm about to pick up a couple Nokia Wireless Charging Stands.

Wow. I like the looks of it...browsed through the website a little and it looks like a lot of their products could be very useful.
    Thanks for the site!

Quote Originally Posted by DocFreud View Post
    Thanks so much for the info! I'll look at the DT-900, and I also get the corporate discount.
    I just got the Nokia DT-900 from a Verizon Store. I like it very much

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by speedy328 View Post
    I have both the Nokio and Energizer chargers. I've contacted HTC support twice and they state that the phone should not be left on the charger after achieving a full charge. This seems ridiculous for a phone that has wireless charging capabilities. Anyone else heard of this or (hopefully) refute?
    Brian Klug at AnandTech indicated somewhere (maybe in an article or on Twitter, I don't remember) that unlike some other devices, the Droid DNA does not properly disconnect from a wireless charger when the battery reaches its full capacity. Most phones, like the Pre Plus and Pre 2 I used to charge wirelessly, stop taking a charge once the battery is full. They then allow the battery to discharge by 5-10% (depending on the phone) before restarting the charging process. This allows the battery's voltage to drop a bit, which is good because keeping a Li-Ion battery at high voltages shortens its lifespan.

From what Brian said, it sounds like the Droid DNA does not stop charging once the battery is full. Instead, it just sits there with the full charging voltage applied to the battery at all times. This will not cause the battery to explode or anything, but my understanding is that it will somewhat shorten the overall lifespan of the battery as it is kept in a high voltage, and therefore high stress, state whenever the battery is fully charged.

I have so far not bothered to wirelessly charge my DNA because the battery usually easily gets me through a day, and plugging it in once at night is not a big hassle, but if I were to do so I would only do it when I could pull the phone off the charger once the battery was full. Maybe I worry too much

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

BUILT TO TYLT
    Looks nice, but I think I prefer the angle that the Nokia charger provides.

With the DNA in the Nokia charging stand, you can easily see the display from half way across the room. I'm not sure if that would be true with the angle this charger seems to keep the phone at.

My two cents...

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I went with this one: Nokia Black Wireless Charging Stand accessories from AT&T

It has a nice grip to keep the phone standing, no beeps even when fully charged, phone doesn't get warm from charging, and only a small light that stays on when in use. Very happy with it.

BUILT TO TYLT
    Charges as fast as standard charger.... Hmmm

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

I actually bought this charger ..Nokia DT-900. It works great! Even with the Otterbox Defender case on.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345