Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Default Qi Chargers

Which one are you getting and why?

Also, if you have one already, how do you like it and would you recommend it?

Pre-ordered the DNA and am trying to decide which charger to get.

Default Re: Qi Chargers

I am in the same boat. I was thinking about getting the LG, but read a lot about it beeping often. My next choice seems to be the Energizer, but I can't find the single charger in stock anywhere.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    I am in the same boat. I was thinking about getting the LG, but read a lot about it beeping often. My next choice seems to be the Energizer, but I can't find the single charger in stock anywhere.

Just found this in a search =)

Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

I could not deal with the beeping with the LG, I returned the one I had purchased. YMMV. The choices for Qi chargers is pretty limited right now, so, I am sticking with wired charging for now.

My advice would be to wait a month or two. The whole Qi thing is relatively new and there are just now getting to be phones that will use it. As with anything involving technology these things will be flooding the market soon and not only will prices drop, there will be an increasing consensus on which ones are the best for the best prices. In the meantime, I plan on just using the micro-usb cord.

Check out the Nokia Wireless Charging Plate DT-900 on VZ's website.. They are QI standard and are quite reasonably priced.
    Thanked by:

I tested Nokia plate at the local AT&T store. Works great!
    The reps were all over my DNA
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
    rfmike likes this.

Going to try the Zens charging pad which looks nice and simple. Should be arriving next week!

ZENS Wireless Charging Kit for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Wireless Charging - ShopAndroid

Thumbs up Re: Qi Chargers

I got the DT-910 from my local AT&T store. Kinda pricey but works well. Can't get the NFC to do anything besides pick up a tag.

Nokia Wireless Charging Stand - Nokia

Quote Originally Posted by HankSC View Post
    I got the DT-910 from my local AT&T store. Kinda pricey but works well. Can't get the NFC to do anything besides pick up a tag.

Nokia Wireless Charging Stand - Nokia
    Is is magnetized? Does the DNA stay firmly against it in an angled position while charging? This one looks interesting ...

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

has anyone used a Nokia wireless charging stand? I like the stand better for office use but was wondering if there is a hot spot I need to line up on the stand and the DNA. If anyone can verify that would be fantastic.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I could not deal with the beeping with the LG, I returned the one I had purchased. YMMV. The choices for Qi chargers is pretty limited right now, so, I am sticking with wired charging for now.
    Yeah, yours was the experience I was referring to... Despite all that, I picked up two Verizon branded pads yesterday, figuring I'd just return them if we didn't like them.

However, I'm thrilled to say that I haven't had the same issue with multiple beeps. Both my wife and I put our new DNAs on the charging pads last night, and both only beeped just the one time to verify the connection, as designed.

So, hopefully, I don't have the same problem you did. We'll have to give it a few more days to be sure.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Is is magnetized? Does the DNA stay firmly against it in an angled position while charging? This one looks interesting ...
    It is only slightly magnetized, but it stays in place just fine. It has a rubbery ring on the base that holds the phone and keeps it from sliding out. I have an HP Touchpad tablet and I didn't think wireless charging was going to be that big of a deal, but it really is convenient.

Here's a video:

Last edited by HankSC; 11-23-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    has anyone used a Nokia wireless charging stand? I like the stand better for office use but was wondering if there is a hot spot I need to line up on the stand and the DNA. If anyone can verify that would be fantastic.

Thank you,
    The Nokia DT-910 wireless charging stand works great. See the post above...

Can you have a case on the DNA, like an Otterbox, and still have wireless charging work? Or does the phone need to be naked?

Naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Fan 223 View Post
    Can you have a case on the DNA, like an Otterbox, and still have wireless charging work? Or does the phone need to be naked?
    Some cases are compatible with wireless charging. They will be advertised as compatible. The Otterbox website didn't say anything about being compatible with wireless charging, so, it may not.
    I have the silicon case from Verizon, it is compatible with wireless charging.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    Some cases are compatible with wireless charging. They will be advertised as compatible. The Otterbox website didn't say anything about being compatible with wireless charging, so, it may not.
    I have the silicon case from Verizon, it is compatible with wireless charging.
    A lot depends on the thickness of the case. And I can also confirm that the silicon case from Verizon works just fine.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Cool Re: Qi Chargers

i wish someone made one that's horizontal upload right.
    and the phone switch to night clock automatically.
    blashandroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kirk1028 View Post
    i wish someone made one that's horizontal upload right.
    and the phone switch to night clock automatically.
    Put a NFC tag on the stand and program it to launch your favorite clock automatically when you put your phone in the stand.

Thats what I do.
    Thanked by:

A lot depends on the thickness of the case. And I can also confirm that the silicon case from Verizon works just fine.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    I can confirm the plastic case plus holster from Verizon works as well with wireless charging

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Put a NFC tag on the stand and program it to launch your favorite clock automatically when you put your phone in the stand.

Thats what I do.
    good idea. And i've found a charger from LG that looks pretty good and works in landscape mode too. now all i need is the phone.

LG Announces Wireless Charging Cradle, WCD-800 | TalkAndroid.com

Quote Originally Posted by HankSC View Post
    It is only slightly magnetized, but it stays in place just fine. It has a rubbery ring on the base that holds the phone and keeps it from sliding out. I have an HP Touchpad tablet and I didn't think wireless charging was going to be that big of a deal, but it really is convenient.

Awesome, thanks. I am gonna grab one based on this. Looks great.

I've been looking for the Nokia DT-910 and can't find it in stock anywhere. Anyone know where to pick one of these up?
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bought the LG one at the VZW store for 37 out the door. Works great and the beeping sound (when you place it on the mat and when its charged) is very bearable. Not sure why people complain about it and tear the speaker out.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
    mclarryjr likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast