Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Just got my shipping notice!

I ordered my wireless charger from Verizon after the phone and the charger showed up today via Fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    mine too, I think FedEx is holding them, as I am one hour away and there has been no updates at all for today.
    Must be holding mine too. Anyone showing movement on their order tracking?

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine has been in the "picked up" status for the past 33hrs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Same situation, been in transit for over a day. Either they're holding them, or transporting them by horse and wagon...

mine too, I think FedEx is holding them, as I am one hour away and there has been no updates at all for today.
    yes, I work for a large fedex hub and this is something we do for various reasons.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Is it possible to expand on that because either my Fedex driver is using Apple maps and doing circles in Memphis or Fedex just likes to torture me.

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reidoreilly View Post
    yes, I work for a large fedex hub and this is something we do for various reasons.
    Soooo what could I do for you, to say...... Make my package arrive a little earlier then the others. If you know what I mean. Haha

ROM
    CM10

Mine's on the move, at the usual final destination facility, though it would usually be listed on a delivery vehicle by now if it was going to be today, we'll see...
    Last edited by zepfloyd; 11-20-2012 at 08:33 AM.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Anyone get their phone yet?? I'm loving the excitement here. I am getting a Note 2 myself and I'm currently on a thunderbolt but I've been waiting to hear your opinions on the DNA before officially pulling the trigger on the Note 2

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

My status hasn't changed in the last few days just showing it's in Memphis. I'm hoping their just holding it at my local center just waiting to be put on the truck in the morning for delivery. If it's still in Memphis it probably won't make Michigan until after Thanksgiving

ROM
    CM10

For the first time ever for me, they are intentionally holding it at the last point where it goes on the truck. It now even says "Package not due for delivery". Stupid. Maybe I can just go pick it up, ha.

Though XDA has some people on truck for delivery.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by zepfloyd View Post
    For the first time ever for me, they are intentionally holding it at the last point where it goes on the truck. It now even says "Package not due for delivery". Stupid. Maybe I can just go pick it up, ha.

let us know if that works, I betting they won't let you pick it up today but I hope I'm wrong.

I tried to select that option yesterday "pick up at Fedex" and it said it wasn't available on this package.

I believe Fedex policy is to require a first attempt at delivery before allowing the recipient to pick it up at a local site. I tried that before with packages that weren't "due for delivery" and they shut me down.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    let us know if that works, I betting they won't let you pick it up today but I hope I'm wrong.

I tried to select that option yesterday "pick up at Fedex" and it said it wasn't available on this package.
    To be honest, I'm a bit too busy to get over there anyway tonight, but I may still try. I'd love to not wait until tomorrow simply so it's not at my door, but I'm not losing sleep over it. My "hold at Fedex location" is clickable.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Mooem View Post
    I believe Fedex policy is to require a first attempt at delivery before allowing the recipient to pick it up at a local site. I tried that before with packages that weren't "due for delivery" and they shut me down.
    This is correct, and just discussing with our own logistics people here, what essentially happens is I'm not priority for today, I am tomorrow. So if my route wasn't full today they may toss it on. Hence people on slower routes today will probably get it a day earlier. No big deal to me.

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just love how they drive past my house, to bring it to another fedex location an hour away, just to drive again an hour back to drop it off at my house the next day!

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    I just love how they drive past my house, to bring it to another fedex location an hour away, just to drive again an hour back to drop it off at my house the next day!

We are in the same boat... now my box is in Newark, couldn't they just stop by Princeton and drop it off with me first? now they have to drive all the way back down south again tomorrow. (I know they can't, but it's so hard to wait for new toy)

odds are that your package isn't actually just sitting there on a shelf, its most likely buried deep inside a trailer with about 1,000 other packages. For example, say you order something from a website and the total shipment is 3 boxes. So when that package arrives at a facility and say you live in a somewhat large town, they will load multiple trailers with packages to that city at the same time, because its not really physically possible to process the amount of packages we do this time of year going in to a single trailer, so its gets split out into different trailers. Then, for whatever reason one of your packages diverted into a separate trailer as the other two. So then one of those trailers becomes full before the other and its on its way to the next destination, while your other box is still inside a half full trailer at the old facility. This happens with a lot of shipments, so when your other boxes arrive it will get unloaded like normal, but now get loaded again in a specific trailer with lots of other boxes in the same situation to wait until your other box arrives, which they then will all be unloaded again whenever the other trailer arrives to be loaded onto a deliver van together. They do this for multiple reasons mainly to keep shipments together so a driver doesn't have to waste gas going to the same stop 2 days in a row for no reason, or in this case the package isn't due for delivery just yet.

lol, make sense? You can go ask, but odds are you wont be able to pick it up just yet. If you give them a legit reason/story they just might do it for you, but its got to be good, because it takes a good amount of time and man power just to find that single box, not to mention the unnecessary rehandling and potential damaging of literally about 1,000 other customers packages, just for your new cell phone.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

We are in the same boat... now my box is in Newark, couldn't they just stop by Princeton and drop it off with me first? now they have to drive all the way back down south again tomorrow. (I know they can't, but it's so hard to wait for new toy)
    Your package is actually sitting at a ramp location if it is saying Newark, which feeds the stations. To be precise, at the airport.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    3348b76f

Anyone get a shipping notification from Wirefly yet?

Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    Your package is actually sitting at a ramp location if it is saying Newark, which feeds the stations. To be precise, at the airport.

I hope they didn't waste jet fuel to run from Philly to Newark. They could have just called me, I would have picked it up 40 mins away in P.A. Saved them some money. Haha.

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

No jet fuel involved, moved from Philly to Newark by way of tractor trailer. What I will be doing Friday when I go from Dulles to Newark Friday night. Tractor trailer driver for FedEx Express.
    3348b76f

I missed the shipment,so I called and I'm picking it up tonight. I can't wait until Wed

Ugh, my status just updated... didn't make much progress. Since Sunday it says "in transit" from Memphis. Latest update was that it just left Memphis. I'm sure it will make it here tomorrow, but I was hoping for something a little more exciting than it just now leaving the facility where it was dropped off two days ago. Fortunately I'm off from work tomorrow, so I can anxiously sit around the house all day waiting for the knock on the door!

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_A View Post
    Ugh, my status just updated... didn't make much progress. Since Sunday it says "in transit" from Memphis. Latest update was that it just left Memphis. I'm sure it will make it here tomorrow, but I was hoping for something a little more exciting than it just now leaving the facility where it was dropped off two days ago. Fortunately I'm off from work tomorrow, so I can anxiously sit around the house all day waiting for the knock on the door!
    And where do you live?

3348b76f
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast