Just got my shipping notice!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just love how they drive past my house, to bring it to another fedex location an hour away, just to drive again an hour back to drop it off at my house the next day!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just love how they drive past my house, to bring it to another fedex location an hour away, just to drive again an hour back to drop it off at my house the next day!

We are in the same boat... now my box is in Newark, couldn't they just stop by Princeton and drop it off with me first? now they have to drive all the way back down south again tomorrow. (I know they can't, but it's so hard to wait for new toy)

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
For the first time ever for me, they are intentionally holding it at the last point where it goes on the truck. It now even says "Package not due for delivery". Stupid. Maybe I can just go pick it up, ha.

Though XDA has some people on truck for delivery.

odds are that your package isn't actually just sitting there on a shelf, its most likely buried deep inside a trailer with about 1,000 other packages. For example, say you order something from a website and the total shipment is 3 boxes. So when that package arrives at a facility and say you live in a somewhat large town, they will load multiple trailers with packages to that city at the same time, because its not really physically possible to process the amount of packages we do this time of year going in to a single trailer, so its gets split out into different trailers. Then, for whatever reason one of your packages diverted into a separate trailer as the other two. So then one of those trailers becomes full before the other and its on its way to the next destination, while your other box is still inside a half full trailer at the old facility. This happens with a lot of shipments, so when your other boxes arrive it will get unloaded like normal, but now get loaded again in a specific trailer with lots of other boxes in the same situation to wait until your other box arrives, which they then will all be unloaded again whenever the other trailer arrives to be loaded onto a deliver van together. They do this for multiple reasons mainly to keep shipments together so a driver doesn't have to waste gas going to the same stop 2 days in a row for no reason, or in this case the package isn't due for delivery just yet.

lol, make sense? You can go ask, but odds are you wont be able to pick it up just yet. If you give them a legit reason/story they just might do it for you, but its got to be good, because it takes a good amount of time and man power just to find that single box, not to mention the unnecessary rehandling and potential damaging of literally about 1,000 other customers packages, just for your new cell phone.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
We are in the same boat... now my box is in Newark, couldn't they just stop by Princeton and drop it off with me first? now they have to drive all the way back down south again tomorrow. (I know they can't, but it's so hard to wait for new toy)

Your package is actually sitting at a ramp location if it is saying Newark, which feeds the stations. To be precise, at the airport.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your package is actually sitting at a ramp location if it is saying Newark, which feeds the stations. To be precise, at the airport.

I hope they didn't waste jet fuel to run from Philly to Newark. They could have just called me, I would have picked it up 40 mins away in P.A. Saved them some money. Haha.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
No jet fuel involved, moved from Philly to Newark by way of tractor trailer. What I will be doing Friday when I go from Dulles to Newark Friday night. Tractor trailer driver for FedEx Express.

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, my status just updated... didn't make much progress. Since Sunday it says "in transit" from Memphis. Latest update was that it just left Memphis. I'm sure it will make it here tomorrow, but I was hoping for something a little more exciting than it just now leaving the facility where it was dropped off two days ago. Fortunately I'm off from work tomorrow, so I can anxiously sit around the house all day waiting for the knock on the door!

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, my status just updated... didn't make much progress. Since Sunday it says "in transit" from Memphis. Latest update was that it just left Memphis. I'm sure it will make it here tomorrow, but I was hoping for something a little more exciting than it just now leaving the facility where it was dropped off two days ago. Fortunately I'm off from work tomorrow, so I can anxiously sit around the house all day waiting for the knock on the door!

And where do you live?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So glad I pre ordered. Could have got it faster if I just went to the store tomorrow morning.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is out for delivery as well. Of course I'm stuck at work but luckily someone is home to retrieve it for me. That's still not going to make the day go by any quicker. :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc