Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Screen Protector for DNA

Update. I my armor suit screen protector cam in.... And it is ok..... Just don't try putting any tight fitting cases on it for 24hours. First pic is of the old Verizon screen protector. After that is the new screen protector with all the stuff it comes will. I

Sent Via the Forms App on my DNA, Tab 10.1 or my OG Evo(work phone).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector for DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1357783524858.jpg   Screen Protector for DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1357783536014.jpg   Screen Protector for DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1357783550098.jpg   Screen Protector for DNA-uploadfromtaptalk1357783563403.jpg  
    Quad-Core Power!!!

I removed the factory supplied screen protector from the Otterbox Defender and use the Bodyguardz ultra tough screen protector. Its has gel for wet application, or you can apply dry... I did it dry and it came out crystal clear, you'd never know I had anything on it... I like the way the Otterbox hides the Verizon branding...

Sent from my HTC DNA using Tapatalk2

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

After trying a few of the generic screen protectors, ZAGG and BodyGuardz, I returned each one. Both were made of that clear bra plastic that you cant even move your finger over and looks like crap. The one fit perfectly so I used the outline of it and sent it to Photodon to make one for the DNA. I had used this company a while back to make an AG screen protector for a canon copier and was impressed with the smoothness and easy "dry" application of their protectors. They had no problem making one and it came out perfect. Hope the pics do justice. You can see there's even a cutout for the proximity sensor. The phone is in the Verizon silicone case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Protector for DNA-droid-dna-mxh.jpg   Screen Protector for DNA-droid-dna-mxh-2.jpg  

Just an update--I've been using my ArmorSuit protector for about a month now, and it leaves permanent dimples (orange peel effect) whenever you say, ever-so-lightly graze your fingernail across the surface. The protector healed from the light scratches caused by the scraping card upon installation, but it's not so great at healing from much else. The material is fairly plush, so it damages easily. Looks absolutely terrible when the screen is off, but thankfully it doesn't seem to really impede screen clarity.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Check out spigen sgp and see if they make them for the dn a guys. I have a ultra crystal one on my note 2 and it doesn't distort the clarity at all like my zagg hd one did. They only $16 too! :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Check out spigen sgp and see if they make them for the dn a guys. I have a ultra crystal one on my note 2 and it doesn't distort the clarity at all like my zagg hd one did. They only $16 too! :thumbup:

Unless Spigen goes back on their word, there will be no DNA accessories from them. It's a shame because they make great quality screen protectors

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post

even without a screen protector, Samsung displays are dim and over saturated, washed out,but putting a protector on a DNA screen is covering up a thing of beauty

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    Unless Spigen goes back on their word, there will be no DNA accessories from them. It's a shame because they make great quality screen protectors
    Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    even without a screen protector, Samsung displays are dim and over saturated, washed out,but putting a protector on a DNA screen is covering up a thing of beauty
    +1 I was for sure they would of made screen protectors for any smartphone. And to each his own lou.. :thumbup: some folks would rather a bit of distortion on their dna then a scratch..

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Photodon is just as good as the Spigen and cheaper. It should be the only alternative choice for the DNA.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdb322 View Post
    Photodon is just as good as the Spigen and cheaper. It should be the only alternative choice for the DNA.
    I got the photodon HD and hated it. It totally pixilated the beautiful screen and had a rough texture. I'm back to -Ghost Armor and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gug317 View Post
    I got the photodon HD and hated it. It totally pixilated the beautiful screen and had a rough texture. I'm back to -Ghost Armor and happy.
    Get the regular photodon. They just adjusted the cut so it fits perfectly, and its higher quality than any other junk out there.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Is there any consensus as to the best dry application protector? I bought some crap off of eBay and it's cut too large.

EDIT: Just bought a set of photodon protectors. I hope these are nice!
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 03-07-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSchmidt624 View Post
    You guys realize it's gorilla glass 2 right? Not going to be easy to scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by zepfloyd View Post
    This. I stopped using screen protectors 2 years or so ago. These are wonderful screens, let it show. I don't care how good the protector is I can always tell there is one and hate it. Have yet to really regret it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    I would never ever, ever even consider putting a screen protector over this or any other smartphone screen. Really does nothing to protect anything and even the best make the screen look opaque and dull.

YUCK!
    When I ordered my Droid DNA, I had no intention of getting a screen protector for it. Its equipped with gorilla glass 2, and shouldn't need it if you take care of your phone. At least that's what I thought. I've had it less than 2 weeks and it already has quite a few light scratches towards the top and bottom of the screen. I keep it in my pant/jean pocket with NOTHING else in it, yet it somehow keeps acquiring scratches. I had a Droid X2 for almost 2 years and never put a case or screen protector on it and it only had a few light scratches on it, about what the DNA has after less than 2 weeks. The X2 only had gorilla glass, but seemed to be much more scratch resistant. Needless to say, I've been VERY disappoint with the DNA's screen durability.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk815 View Post
    When I ordered my Droid DNA, I had no intention of getting a screen protector for it. Its equipped with gorilla glass 2, and shouldn't need it if you take care of your phone. At least that's what I thought. I've had it less than 2 weeks and it already has quite a few light scratches towards the top and bottom of the screen. I keep it in my pant/jean pocket with NOTHING else in it, yet it somehow keeps acquiring scratches. I had a Droid X2 for almost 2 years and never put a case or screen protector on it and it only had a few light scratches on it, about what the DNA has after less than 2 weeks. The X2 only had gorilla glass, but seemed to be much more scratch resistant. Needless to say, I've been VERY disappoint with the DNA's screen durability.
    I noticed the same susceptibility even when compared to the gs3. I've been using photodon protectors for around a month now and have been generally pleased with them. Excellent optical clarity, a little thicker than your average ebay protector (take that how you will), and venally very durable. I've had the same protector on three different DNAs in that time (verizon refurbs suck) and it has been a champ. Parts of the edges may not adhere fully, but it hasn't been a issue for me. Works with both a body glove dropsuit and generic TPU s-line case.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10.2

Hmm I've noticed that its had a few scratches since I've had it also... and I wasn't planning on buying a screen protector. I still don't think I will unless I start having some serious scratches lol.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

So get the regular crystal clear Photodon? No anti-glare or hd? What about fingerprint coating?

Quote Originally Posted by duketreo View Post
    So get the regular crystal clear Photodon? No anti-glare or hd? What about fingerprint coating?
    I bought the crystal with the oleophobic coating. It still picks of fingerprints, so I'm not sure the coating is really worth paying extra for.

I went ahead and ordered the screen protector from PhotoDon. I'll be sure to share my experience with it. I ordered the Crystal Clear Film with Oleophobic coating.

I've just used the ones from Verizon. They look great for a while then start scratching and getting less clear. Will be upgrading but haven't decided yet. I don't use a case, so no way I'd go without a screen protector.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Just received my Photodon today- came in two days. When I hold one up to the DNA, it doesn't cover the whole screen. There is a decent size border around the whole protector. The above picture didn't have that. On one hand, it is good that pinching a case won't dislodge the protector. However, I was hoping it would be almost undetectable. I don't know if I should return it? Shame- it looks decent.
    Thanked by:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by duketreo View Post
    Just received my Photodon today- came in two days. When I hold one up to the DNA, it doesn't cover the whole screen. There is a decent size border around the whole protector. The above picture didn't have that. On one hand, it is good that pinching a case won't dislodge the protector. However, I was hoping it would be almost undetectable. I don't know if I should return it? Shame- it looks decent.
    I installed my second one today (the first had a good cut but I had transplanted it a few times). This second one doesn't have as good as a cut as the first and is bubbled up around all of the edges a good bit.

As opposed to:

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I installed my second one today (the first had a good cut but I had transplanted it a few times). This second one doesn't have as good as a cut as the first and is bubbled up around all of the edges a good bit.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/18/tytyjyny.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/18/y7eby9y5.jpg

As opposed to:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/18/vepe6aru.jpg
    Ahh both of those would be unusable to me. I am anal about bubbles on my screen protector.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Uh, I'm on my second Dna and my first one got a scratch within the first month, gorilla glass is bull

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Ahh both of those would be unusable to me. I am anal about bubbles on my screen protector.

I actually reused that same screen protector on a second device (steamy bathroom trick works wonders) and eliminated the adhesion problem along both sides and the bottom, though the top still exhibits it to some extent. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. I'm generally liking this protector.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Cohn View Post
    Uh, I'm on my second Dna and my first one got a scratch within the first month, gorilla glass is bull
    I would copy and post the same thing I've said in every single thread stating something along the lines of that, but I'm too lazy so here's the bottom line of it:

Gorilla glass is scratch RESISTANT, not scratch proof. It cannot be scratched by keys, knives, razor blades, coins, etc. It can, however, be scratched by rocks and sand, small particles of which can very easily be found in dust on your tables, in your pockets, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast