PSA: Best Buy Price Matches Amazon, effective early October

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The only point would be to try and negotiate price-matching once you got to the store, as it does not extend to online-only cell purchases (I contacted 2 CS departments to verify this when I stated it earlier in some thread, they were adamant on that). But that's a wasted effort, as Target has it at Amazon's price; hope the price keeps for the weekend, I ordered thru Verizon and cancelled, so it'll take a few days for my upgrade eligibility to reactivate.

for some reason the DNA is not available in store but only on BBY.com... you can have it shipped to the store and pick it up there but I don't see the point in that..

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Will Amazon or Target give this price for an early upgrade? I am eligible for early upgrade, but my actual 24-month contract won't end until April. (Got a Thunderbolt now & this phone is very attractive)

BobTheCornCob

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Will Amazon or Target give this price for an early upgrade? I am eligible for early upgrade, but my actual 24-month contract won't end until April. (Got a Thunderbolt now & this phone is very attractive)

Yes, they both will. I just ordered two from Target using the above link and I am in the same boat you are. I'm eligible for an upgrade but my contract still has several months to run and I didn't have any problems getting the $149.99 for both my phone and my wife's. I also didn't have to pay any sales tax whereas Amazon wanted to tack on sales tax.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they both will. I just ordered two from Target using the above link and I am in the same boat you are. I'm eligible for an upgrade but my contract still has several months to run and I didn't have any problems getting the $149.99 for both my phone and my wife's. I also didn't have to pay any sales tax whereas Amazon wanted to tack on sales tax.
Nice - now I just have to wait for my family to give me my Xmas present! (Hope this price lasts another week)

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is bullsh**.. I ordered the phone on Wednesday, and literally an hour later I cancelled it so I could get it at Target; the guy assured me it wouldn't ship out, assured me I wouldn't have to pay restocking fees, assured me my upgrade would reset, etc etc. Guess what came in the mail today?

Not going to bother screwing around for $50 since it's already here--and they'll probably charge me fees for returning it even though it was their error--but how typical of their crappy service.