Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default PSA: Best Buy Price Matches Amazon, effective early October

Just so you can make the best decisions for you and your family. Amazon prices are often $100 less than Verizon's. I got my droid razr maxx HD for 199 at Best Buy with no issues at the end of last month. Price Match is currently suspended, because of black friday sales, it goes back into effect on the 27th. Sources:

Best Buy website: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Top...at204400050011

Success by razr maxx HD purchasers:
    Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)

Obviously, each store is different and YMMV. But you may end up saving a lot of money like many have by not preordering, seeing what Amazon is offering the phone for, and walking into Best Buy.
    Last edited by whatwhat; 11-18-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Default Re: PSA: Best Buy Price Matches Amazon, effective early October

What do you mean by "no extra contract"?

Sent from my SCH-I535
    So many phones, so little time.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

___
    Last edited by whatwhat; 11-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.

I'm a little confused; does this mean it would get around having to renew my contract with VZW and lose unlimited?
    Or is something else going on here?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Source and text of the deal, you'll have to wait until November 27 for the match to go back into effect

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Top...at204400050011

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
    Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

___
    Last edited by whatwhat; 11-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Source and text of the deal, you'll have to wait until November 27 for the match to go back into effect

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Top...at204400050011

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
    Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012
    Cell phones are not covered by this policy. They a clearly absent from it. Any price matches are 100% at manager discretion.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

___
    Last edited by whatwhat; 11-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.

You're acting like I'm a snake oil salesman. This will work for many. Here's the Droid Razr Maxx HD thread where people repeatedly report success.
    Doesn't the $299 RAZR MAXX HD seem a bit expensive?(if VZW also price the new Galaxy Note 2 at $299)
    No, I'm not. I work in retail management, and any time something like this is intentionally excluded, it was done for a reason. People can try, sure, and some will have luck. But they need to go into it with their eyes open that they could get denied. Best buy is under no obligation under their policy to honor wirefly or amazon prices for phones.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Amazon's price is now 149.99.

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Amazon's price is now 149.99.
    Just for clarity's sake, 149.99 is for a new contract; upgrades are 174.99
    Thanked by:
    Who? 

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its showing 149.99 for both to me
    Thanked by 2:
    revtechWho? 

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    Its showing 149.99 for both to me
    Yup, me too now, sorry

Let me know if any of you had success with this. I contacted Best Buy twice about their price match policy, and they told me that it does not extend to online cell phone purchases--and the DNA is only available online, as Best Buy has no intentions of bringing it in-store. I'm hoping I'd be able to price-match it if I shipped it to the store..

Just curious, is there any way to get that $30 Verizon fee waived?

Target is also offering it for $150 on both new contract and upgrade.
    DROID DNA by HTC - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Target Mobile
    Thanked by 2:
    jrwatson and BobTheCornCob like this.

All my phones were price matched at Best buy without the managers approval.. They price match everything except accessories, and but I did get a small discount on a screen protector and a case.. I don't know if it matters that I'm in Illinois...

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches36 View Post
    All my phones were price matched at Best buy without the managers approval.. They price match everything except accessories, and but I did get a small discount on a screen protector and a case.. I don't know if it matters that I'm in Illinois...

Same here. The price match policy was updated for the holidays, they will match any online competitors. Not only that but on other items other than cell phones ifb they don't have it in stock they will ship it to you for free.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

The phone I'm interested in is only available online, and the fine print on their price-matching states it's not valid on online-only mobile device purchases. Could I order this in-store, and show them the Amazon price ($50 cheaper)?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    Same here. The price match policy was updated for the holidays, they will match any online competitors. Not only that but on other items other than cell phones ifb they don't have it in stock they will ship it to you for free.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Take a trip and let us know. We've led you to a pile of money, it's now up to you to see if you can pick it up. But what phone is not available in store at best buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches36 View Post

Or...the person that helped you had the ability to do it. (They're called key-carriers and can authorize price matches, etc.)

But what phone is not available in store at best buy?
    for some reason the DNA is not available in store but only on BBY.com... you can have it shipped to the store and pick it up there but I don't see the point in that..

The only point would be to try and negotiate price-matching once you got to the store, as it does not extend to online-only cell purchases (I contacted 2 CS departments to verify this when I stated it earlier in some thread, they were adamant on that). But that's a wasted effort, as Target has it at Amazon's price; hope the price keeps for the weekend, I ordered thru Verizon and cancelled, so it'll take a few days for my upgrade eligibility to reactivate.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2297 View Post
    for some reason the DNA is not available in store but only on BBY.com... you can have it shipped to the store and pick it up there but I don't see the point in that..

Will Amazon or Target give this price for an early upgrade? I am eligible for early upgrade, but my actual 24-month contract won't end until April. (Got a Thunderbolt now & this phone is very attractive)
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

It should

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Or...the person that helped you had the ability to do it. (They're called key-carriers and can authorize price matches, etc.)
    I'm not sure about that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast