Which external battery charger??

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to ask my wife for an external battery charger for Christmas... Any suggestions on which brand/model to get? Which is best and why?

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean a wireless charger? If so, scroll down and check out the other couple of threads on the subject.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've heard great things about Anker, just remember that you're only going to get about 70% of the actual juice advertised into your phone due to the voltage conversion for any external battery.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean a wireless charger? If so, scroll down and check out the other couple of threads on the subject.

Sent from my HTC Evo via Tapatalk

No... I'm talking about the little battery packs that you can plug into your phone on the go to charge it when not near an outlet

bsSkunkApe

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Mophie one that is 4000 mAh. It has been very good to me. I get about a full battery and a half for my Vivid.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got an Anker Astro 3 from Amazon which has 10000mAh which might be more than you need. I've charged my Galaxy Nexus twice with it when it had about 20% left and it still showed 2 lights on the Anker (power left). They have 3 different sizes (8000 and 5600mAh). I bought it because of the good reviews on it and thought I might as well get the biggest one. No regrets!

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got an Anker Astro 3 from Amazon which has 10000mAh which might be more than you need. I've charged my Galaxy Nexus twice with it when it had about 20% left and it still showed 2 lights on the Anker (power left). They have 3 different sizes (8000 and 5600mAh). I bought it because of the good reviews on it and thought I might as well get the biggest one. No regrets!

I actually just ordered this today. If I can't have removable batteries, then an external charger it is!

EnlightenedSoul

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Recently I found a very nice external battery at amazon.com,this design is rare to be seen in the market,it looks like a Robot,so the seller give him a very interesting name--xRobot.a wonderful battery pack with built in cables for your Apple products (for the new Apple connector you have to use your own cables) , Android products using micro USB ports and it still has a built in USB female port for all of your other devices. There is even a cable for charging the battery pack built in. It can charge your Apple devices with up to 2.1 Amps and really provide a boost to your tablet or smart phone.
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: RAVPower? xRobot RP-PB05 Power Bank / External Battery / Juice Pack -6000mAh Capacity / 2.1A Max Output for APPLE: The New iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPhone 5 4S 4G, iPod Touch, Nano; Smasung: Galaxy Note 2 N7100, Galaxy N

I was wondering if you had purchased this product yet?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you want--something slim enough to stick in your bag, just enough to give you 60% extra battery life? Or a heavy-duty 10000mAh to last you a camping trip?

Being the sort to travel as light as possible, I have the Anker 2600mAh in my bag at all times ($20 on amzn). It's a little shorter than two lipstick tubes, and not much thicker. Probably not the fastest charge, but it's always good to have that extra insurance whenever you need it. If size isn't an issue, you might as well go all-out and get the 10000mAh one ($40 on amzn). Seems roughly the same size as the DNA itself, so although bigger it's by no means huge.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I got a NewTrent 9900 mAh that has worked well for me. Used it with a Kindle Fire, HTC Thunderbolt, Nexus7. It has 2 ports: one delivers 1.0 amp & the other 2.0 amps (which works best for the Fire & Nexus7). I keep it in a travel bag or purse so that I don't have to worry about battery drain. I know I'll be using it with my DNA.
Amazon.com: New Trent iGeek IMP99D 9900mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad (4th gen) with Retina display, the NEW iPad (3rd gen), iPad 2, iPhone 5/4S/4/3Gs/3G, iPod Touch all versions; Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S; HTC Titan, Sensatio

ganu2036

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Let me suggest you ChargeMax a 20000mAh external dual charge battery.
It actually uses high quality battery instead of the cheap ones out there and it has Discharge current capacity and other safety measures which is really important.
I have tried several external battery charger and this is by far the best.
You can buy it through this website and it includes free shipping within US.

ChargeMax | Indiegogo

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for something portable, I purchase the RAVPower 5600 when AC had a discount code, got if for $20, and really like it. Pretty compact, maybe a bit bigger than half the size of a pack of cigs, and looks really well made (except for the ac charging connector, which is kind of cheap). I get a little more than two full charges on one charge on the power bank, I leave it plugged into the dual charger on my car and always have a fully-charged battery available if I'm away from a wall outlet. I haven't actually timed it but is seems like it charges about as fast as my wall charger.

Depends on what you want--something slim enough to stick in your bag, just enough to give you 60% extra battery life? Or a heavy-duty 10000mAh to last you a camping trip?

Being the sort to travel as light as possible, I have the Anker 2600mAh in my bag at all times ($20 on amzn). It's a little shorter than two lipstick tubes, and not much thicker. Probably not the fastest charge, but it's always good to have that extra insurance whenever you need it. If size isn't an issue, you might as well go all-out and get the 10000mAh one ($40 on amzn). Seems roughly the same size as the DNA itself, so although bigger it's by no means huge.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I love mine and wouldn't dream of taking myDroid anywhere without it! It's from Verizon made by Motorola. P4000 on the label, it's universal and this one charges two devices at the same time.

"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~ Milton Berle

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Dynex 2200mAh charger from Best Buy for only $20. It works quite well so far. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I wish they could just stick bigger/better batteries in these phones. I really shoudl've considered battery life more when I purchased a phone. Its not that bad for the DNA, but I feel that it could be significantly better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084