2 More Days and it's in stores, how many are excited, Positives need only reply !

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Two more days, and I'll be able to make some knowledgeable entries in this forum on the DNA!
I stopped by vZ local store (Hope the pre-orders ship soon too, I'm not a pre-order kinda person) and asked if they had them (on Sat) she said not yet, prob Monday and to give them a call. I asked about any 'opening ceremonies' or what not and she said hardly anyone has asked about it. I know for many it was just made public last week.
They had the wireless chargers as well, will be getting one to test. So i'm excited and probably won't sleep much (yes I need a life) ...
then in a few days I'll beat it up and see if it works for me, and MY usage, it's not for everyone but that's ok. I drive a small car that gets 30 mpg, but when I need to tow I bring out my Jeep Grand Cherokee @ 13 mpg.. so it's using the right tools for the right job.

anyone else excited ?

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've pre-ordered a couple (for myself and my wife), and they are due to arrive on Wednesday... And yes, I'm really excited about this phone! This will be my first top-of-the-line phone, so I'm pretty thrilled.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty excited myself.

Unlike a lot of people here, I am actually pretty happy with my Thunderbolt, which I picked up the day it came out. I enjoyed it stock for a while, eventually rooting it and messing with some ROMs (some good, some horrible) until I settled on what I consider the best one for speed and stability (liquid smooth 3.2). I still change radios as they come out and so I have gone through some good and bad there too. I get 36-48 hours on a charge and use it for light gaming, texting, internet and of course, calling people. HAHAH But I am also not a power user, only consuming on average over the last 6 months 1GB/month. I realize early adopters take a risk and the same will hold true here but I enjoy technology so I am looking forward to heading up to Verizon to see what the DNA is all about. I am concerned with the size thuogh so I am very much looking forward to comparing it to the TB in person and playing around with it some. Only other thing to consider is do I upgrade my plan and lose unlimited? Really just one of those "nice to have" things for me since I use barely enough to not be covered by their base model tier.

Anyway, can't wait!

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty pumped. Although kind of torn. I want to buy on launch day however, I'm wondering if I wait a week if a promotion will come around and save me a few pennies...if anything I'll just buy it on black Friday, hopefully someone will do something then. Since the price is so low though I really don't see any price drops happening anytime soon. Either way this bad mofo will be in my pocket this week!

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
AC Team Phil put a quick video of Tbolt against DNA just to show size diffs...
HTC ThunderBolt vs. the Droid DNA | Android Central

I saw that and it honestly looks GIGANTIC next to the TB. However, in other photos of the DNA with the G3, it looks similar and even a touch smaller. And still in others it looks bigger than the G3. I really just need to see for myself. And chances are I will end up getting it when I go. LOL!

RSchmidt624

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered this morning on wirefly.com since they are offering $150 instead of verizon's $199. The money I am saving on that I plan on getting a wireless charger. Not quite sure which one yet, I have to read some reviews still. I am coming from the Thunderbolt, bought it at launch. I am pumped to get the DNA, my Thunderbolt has seen better days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36