Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By thefireguy286
  • 2 Post By PsychDoc
  • 1 Post By Irvgotti
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    ...Just walked into a corporate Verizon store (not one of the free standing franchise stores or kiosks) around where I live and asked if the DNA was in yet even if it wasn't yet for sale. The salesperson looked perplexed and said "No...maybe by early next week but they may be available online." WTF?????????? Not a friggin' clue less than 48 hours before it's going to be launched. And he wasn't kidding because he asked another salesperson and that guy also looked like he was being asked to name the capitol of Uzbeckistan. Do these people pay attention to anything like the press release they had announcing this just a week ago? I politely informed him that he most certainly would have them in before "early next week" unless, by chance, I had wandered in to an AT&T store and not realized it. But then I looked around, saw all the red and let him know that as a corporate Verizon store he was going to be selling these in less than 48 hours. He seemed surprised and (of course) befuddled.
  2. #2  
    thefireguy286's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    . And he wasn't kidding because he asked another salesperson and that guy also looked like he was being asked to name the capitol of Uzbeckistan.
    For the record, it's Uzbekistan. Haha

    Do these people pay attention to anything like the press release they had announcing this just a week ago? I politely informed him that he most certainly would have them in before "early next week" unless, by chance, I had wandered in to an AT&T store and not realized it.
    Quick funny story, about 2 years ago I walked into AT&T for a prepaid SIM waiting in line but the guy kept badgering me about phones. Finally after getting annoyed, I asked him if they were going to carry the HTC Incredible, to which he told me with a straight face almost immediately, yes actually in about 2 weeks for $99. ... I let him finish the transaction and then told him, by the way, the Incredible is Verizon only. He looked like a deer in headlights. It's everywhere my friend.
    The Hustleman likes this.
  3. #3  
    eljoker's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    The life of a sales man. Sell whats in stock today and deny tomorrows newest product.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  4. #4  
    jfoofoo's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    And he wasn't kidding because he asked another salesperson and that guy also looked like he was being asked to name the capitol of Uzbeckistan.
    For the record Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan.

    I guess I had a better experience at a smaller Verizon store next to my super market, but I can clearly tell the sales rep I spoke with knows about his phones, he knows the specs of different phones well and knows what's coming up not only with Verizon but with other carriers as well. The only thing that flagged me was when he took my pre-order he was unable to find it in the system and he called someone (Assuming the corporate office?) and he was instructed in ring it under misc...

    I guess I am not surprised that some basic hourly didn't get the new info in their shift meeting. So the question is not "Who are they hiring?" is "How are they training them?"
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Yeah, it absolutely depends on who you talk to at the stores. There's one guy at one of our stores that really knows his stuff - keeps up on things, admitted that he roots his personal phone, etc. (e.g He's the only Verizon person I've ever talked to that actually admitted that there was a chronic problem with the Thunderbolts dropping data signal). He's the only guy I'll even talk to at the stores in our area - the rest either seem very uneducated or arrogant/condescending.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Quote Originally Posted by jfoofoo View Post
    For the record Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan.

    I guess I had a better experience at a smaller Verizon store next to my super market, but I can clearly tell the sales rep I spoke with knows about his phones, he knows the specs of different phones well and knows what's coming up not only with Verizon but with other carriers as well. The only thing that flagged me was when he took my pre-order he was unable to find it in the system and he called someone (Assuming the corporate office?) and he was instructed in ring it under misc...

    I guess I am not surprised that some basic hourly didn't get the new info in their shift meeting. So the question is not "Who are they hiring?" is "How are they training them?"
    With all due respect, I don't care if you pay me $10/hr or $250/hr (I clearly prefer the latter, however ) if I work for an outfit I make it my business to know my product. Especially when my company had a huge press event to announce the introduction of this phone less than one week ago!

    People really need to take pride in what they do regardless of how much it pays.
    The Hustleman and akira751 like this.
  7. #7  
    jfoofoo's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    With all due respect, I don't care if you pay me $10/hr or $250/hr (I clearly prefer the latter, however ) if I work for an outfit I make it my business to know my product. Especially when my company had a huge press event to announce the introduction of this phone less than one week ago!

    People really need to take pride in what they do regardless of how much it pays.
    While I agree with you 100%, however we don't live in that world and that is not going to change overnight. So yes, you will continue to talk to people who doesn't know what they are doing, you will continue to have bad service in a restaurant because your server is too busy texting and let your food sitting in the window getting cold, and you will continue to have people from oversea reading off a scrip when you call for any type of support line. This is life, this is USA!
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    It's always hit or miss in any corporate store. I've been to stores on launch day for a phone and the rep hadn't even heard of it. I agree with what was brought up earlier in the thread, the training is the issue.

    Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
  9. #9  
    iLLusive's Avatar
    Vzw Staff

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    It honestly depends on the owners if you are speaking on Authorized Dealer. For example all of my bosses and co-workers only have information that is passed on to them via Verizon and other avenues. They have me for everything else and I let them now what new phones are coming in, selling points, what is going to be popular and help with ordering. If I didn't work for their store they wouldn't know the phones launched until someone asked about them. There is nothing wrong with this because we are suppose to know the products we sell as they are available, so you can probably see why most people don't know about product until we have training waiting on VZW training site. Nothing to do with laziness we honestly get launch information on most devices the day they are available to pre-order or launch. I know few people think everyone in the company knows these top secret dates and such, but honestly unless they are high up they know little to nothing. We, like everyone else wait press releases from VZW or companies making these phones.

    Only advantage you can get is if you can find a location like mine where all my co-workers sponge in the information and we can honestly recommend devices based on customers needs. Simply because we take the time to talk about features, use the devices and from a lot of information from this site, we can be well prepared for new phones and release dates. Probably why we are one top locations in our market and some highest VZW customer service ratings around. Just because one person doesn't know answer on a device don't think the whole store is a bunch of dummies.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Stories here are why i make it my business to know Verizon products.

    I have a new job selling Verizon home phone and mobile phone service and when customers ask questions about a product's capabilities, the other guys say "i don't know" but i interject and inform the customer and get the sale.

    I have my co-workers working to get a better knowledge of the phone now

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    You can't force peoples to know everything. At the corporate store I work at, we all are very aware of the DNA. Actually we are all waiting for both the DNA and N2 to release to decide what we want.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    jfoofoo's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    You can't force peoples to know everything. At the corporate store I work at, we all are very aware of the DNA. Actually we are all waiting for both the DNA and N2 to release to decide what we want.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Oh no, not everything. Just what the store sells.
  13. #13  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,086 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    I work in retail and i know our product. it looks bad when you say i dont know or dont have the right info. i have 2 jobs but the retail job pays $9hr and i take pride in that . because i want good service so i try to give everyone the same service as i would like
    Privacy is overrated :P
    The Hustleman likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Quote Originally Posted by eljoker View Post
    The life of a sales man. Sell whats in stock today and deny tomorrows newest product.
    Exactly. I was in the Verizon store last week taking a long look at the razr maxx hd. When I asked when the dna would be in the sales guy pointedly told me to stay away from HTC and tried to sell me a razr maxx (not even the hd for $100 more).
  15. #15  
    nkd
    nkd is online now
    nkd's Avatar

    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    Sadly it will never be perfect. In world of retail some people dont care about whats coming next, they will sell you what they have today. Someone don't care about product training, they are there to just get paid. It is just the way it is, I really don't even care, some sales people are cool as hell and they will admit they dont know about the phone I am talking about, lol, so its all good.
  16. #16  
    jfoofoo's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who Is Verizon Hiring???...

    so the lesson here today is "Don't trust a salesman and do your own research before you buy".

    this message is brought to you by HTC DROID DNA

Similar Threads

  1. Who is from NJ and has a rooted Verizon Galaxy Nexus?
    By craigrn16 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 12:38 AM
  2. Who is from NJ and has a rooted Verizon Galaxy Nexus?
    By craigrn16 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
  3. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions