Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Default Re: According to The Verge

I've never owned a S3 (nor any Samsung phones) so I can't comment on the battery life of this phone.

But the fact that Samsung has been able to sell over 30 million S3 so far would seem to suggest (average / poor) battery life doesn't necessary prevent a phone from being successful in the market.
    You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.
    Irvgotti likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antw081 View Post
    I've never owned a S3 (nor any Samsung phones) so I can't comment on the battery life of this phone.

But the fact that Samsung has been able to sell over 30 million S3 so far would seem to suggest (average / poor) battery life doesn't necessary prevent a phone from being successful in the market.
    exactly!! i'm amazed at the success of allot of these "mobile" devices that cant make a full day. it is mind blowing. form over function is RIDICULOUS on something soooo important in most modern day warriors lives. put a big freaking honking battery first and design the phone around that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    And the S3 has sold exactly how many of these "sucky" units worldwide in the past year?
    that means nothing! millions of people bought 1982 camaros.... doesnt mean they werent HUGE POS's.

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    as far as your price comment. do you know how much the difference in price would be between a 2020 and a 3030? nothing! it would be dollars. they could charge $249 and make $40 extra dollars profit. looking at their financials, they obviously don't know how to do this. i would rather pay $249!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot be the only person with these views. $50 extra is nothing compared to extra batteries, chargers, etc.
    To say there'd be no difference in price, you either have no understanding of manufacturing or can't follow your own logic. You just said there'd be no difference in price, then that it would be in dollars, and then that you'd rather pay $249 for 3030 then the current $200 for 2020. That looks like a difference in price. And they would never put it with 3030 for less than $300 anyway, because then it would be severely undercutting the Maxx.

It costs me $30 for an extra battery, and I've seen people say, on the forums about HTC not including chargers, that they can just pick one up for like $8 so...

$199 is not top dollar! i would beg to spend $249-299 for a "very premium product" version of this phone. i cant imagine why it would come out at $199. also, people keep forgetting the maxx hd is .2mm thinner than GS3
    That's still an extra 24.5% and 49.5% you'd be paying for, not including tax. Not everyone else would be willing to pay that. But, I was talking about off contract.
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999

LOL. Logic=fail!! it makes no sense to not want more battery/better battery life. period. its on par with the S3......the S3 sucks!
    I would love to hear you explain how it is "fail" to not want a thicker device, or a higher price in exchange for something that that I don't need.

Perhaps your phone habits require a larger battery... That's the great thing about Android, you have choices. I chose the DNA, and am happy with exactly the way it is. You are free to choose another device.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
    dsignori likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123