Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 108
Like Tree47Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Well, thank-you everyone for your posts!! I appreciate all the ideas thrown out there. My thing is, I am using it for work and home. It's got to last the full workday with moderate to heavy usage. I am a little older and the larger screen size is nice. I have had a G-Nex since it was released and quite honestly, I am not thrilled with the Samsung build quality, however, that is not a huge deal. I really do like the notification thing that can be played with - with lightflow. Until I found out about that, I was set on the DNA, however, I think I might do the Note and utilize a bluetooth earpiece - was on the NYC subway today and saw someone with one from T-Mobile - man what a gorgeous screen....also, I am on Verizon (since it's inception) and would never switch. I guess I will go by a store in the city tomorrow since it's supposed to be released tomorrow and play with one (DNA). Again - thanks everyone for all of your input!!!
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    It's not that long ago when people thought 4.5" phones were unwieldy and huge too. But here we are now thinking even the 4" on the iPhone 5 is on the small side of things and 4.5-5" screens are the norm now.

    It just takes some adjustment. Of course, if you have really small hands, or wear skinny jeans or something along those lines then I could see it being an issue.. but otherwise, I don't think the Note 2 is big enough to be unwieldy, personally.
    It's an issue for anyone who wears non-baggy jeans, they don't have to be skinny jeans.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    It's an issue for anyone who wears non-baggy jeans, they don't have to be skinny jeans.
    I don't wear baggy jeans at all. Slim Straights even. It fits just fine.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    I don't wear baggy jeans at all. Slim Straights even. It fits just fine.
    I wear slim straight-leg jeans and it's hard to get the Maxx HD out my pocket sometimes, let alone (hypothetically) the Note 2.
  5. #30  
    hammey22's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Note II is way easier in and out due to how slim it is. I don't ever carry my phone in any other manner, and this is the first phone I havent noticed in my pocket.

    made possible by my note II
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by bgapfire View Post
    I don't get how someone looks ridiculous with a phone to their ear. The Note 2 is no different in size than using a wireless phone at your house. People don't walk around wondering if they look ridiculous with a land line on their ear. I just don't get this argument at all.
    Who uses home phones nowadays anyway? I have never had a home phone so from my point of view your argument doesn't make sense haha
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    The screen size of the Note 2 puts it in an entirely different Class of phone. But the Span is what makes it truly special, I really like what HTC has done with the DNA, but I have never seen anything as amazing as my Note 2. The software is remarkable. I don't understand the argument about the poor build quality. It is top notch to me. The battery life is astounding Considering how much I use this phone. And all of this is without the multi-tasking feature that is Supposed to Come soon. Removable battery. Expandable storage. S voice. This phone has it all.

    from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569 likes this.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by hammey22 View Post
    Note II is way easier in and out due to how slim it is. I don't ever carry my phone in any other manner, and this is the first phone I havent noticed in my pocket.

    made possible by my note II
    Perhaps you haven't had a DNA in your pocket, it's 10 mm narrower and 10mm shorter than the note 2, I'll give u the note2 is .3mm thinner
    It also depends on what kind of pocket one wears
  9. #34  
    hammey22's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    I have all sorts, dress slacks at work to levis, and silver, and lucky. Even the shallowest pocket is just deep enough to allow me to sit without an issue. I do not wear skinny jeans so I can't speak to how that works. I can honestly say that I was just as on the fence, but can't seem to find anything I don't like about it now.

    made possible by my note II
  10. #35  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I was debating between the Note 2 and DNA, I'm not a Moto fan so the Maxx was never a thought for me.
    I was never a Moto fan either, always had an htc: tilt, touch pro2 and Thunderbolt. Very happy that I didn't let my fear of Moto get in the way of getting the Maxx HD.
    Thanked by:
    mclarryjr likes this.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by hammey22 View Post
    I have all sorts, dress slacks at work to levis, and silver, and lucky. Even the shallowest pocket is just deep enough to allow me to sit without an issue. I do not wear skinny jeans so I can't speak to how that works. I can honestly say that I was just as on the fence, but can't seem to find anything I don't like about it now.

    made possible by my note II
    Frankly, I don't believe you. I've played with the Note II in the store. I'm normal sized guy, 6 feet tall, and that thing would not fit comfortably, if at all, in my pockets. I don't believe anyone who says the Note II fits comfortably in a pants pocket.
  12. #37  
    hammey22's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    Frankly, I don't believe you. I've played with the Note II in the store. I'm normal sized guy, 6 feet tall, and that thing would not fit comfortably, if at all, in my pockets. I don't believe anyone who says the Note II fits comfortably in a pants pocket.
    Yeah, I'm lying in an evil plot to embarrass your small pocketed pants. The cool thing with the note is if you don't want it, someone else will.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    Uncle Louie likes this.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by hammey22 View Post
    Yeah, I'm lying in an evil plot to embarrass your small pocketed pants. The cool thing with the note is if you don't want it, someone else will.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    Not sure what the relevance of "if you don't want it someone else will" is. I'm aware of the fact that it's a popular device. That won't make it fit comfortably in a pants pocket.
  14. #39  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,025 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    Frankly, I don't believe you. I've played with the Note II in the store. I'm normal sized guy, 6 feet tall, and that thing would not fit comfortably, if at all, in my pockets. I don't believe anyone who says the Note II fits comfortably in a pants pocket.
    Good for you.

    Just because it doesn't fit into YOUR pockets for some reason, does not mean that it won't fit for someone else. It fits mine with room to spare. And there are several YouTube videos that show the same.

    I have no problem with people disagreeing with me; but your comment sounds like a child who is told that there's no Santa, but refuses to believe it.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    sudbury78 likes this.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Good for you.

    Just because it doesn't fit into YOUR pockets for some reason, does not mean that it won't fit for someone else. It fits mine with room to spare. And there are several YouTube videos that show the same.

    I have no problem with people disagreeing with me; but your comment sounds like a child who is told that there's no Santa, but refuses to believe it.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    So you wear baggy pants. Or you never bend over while it's in your pocket. This is silly. Anyone who holds the Note II for a few minutes can tell it wouldn't fit into a normal jeans pocket comfortably.

    You sound like someone who is trying to convince himself of something. No one is saying the Note II sucks. No need to be defensive. It seemed quite nice when I tried it. But there's no way it would fit comfortably into non-baggy pants.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    So you wear baggy pants. Or you never bend over while it's in your pocket. This is silly. Anyone who holds the Note II for a few minutes can tell it wouldn't fit into a normal jeans pocket comfortably.

    You sound like someone who is trying to convince himself of something. No one is saying the Note II sucks. No need to be defensive. It seemed quite nice when I tried it. But there's no way it would fit comfortably into non-baggy pants.
    It fits in my pockets. Whether I'm wearing jeans, Khakis, or dress pants. None of my clothes are particularly baggy.


    from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
  17. #42  
    hammey22's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    They are just a troll.
  18. #43  
    hammey22's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Somehow a 6 foot guy doesn't have a pair of pants that have a 6 inch pocket? Please. He is just looking at the marvel of a device the note 2 is and gets angry because he cant get one because he pulled the trigger on a moto that isnt as cool any longer.

    made possible by my note II
    sudbury78 likes this.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    I'm a girl who wears size 6.5-7.0 surgical gloves. I've had the Note 2 for almost a month now and I have no difficulty using it. It's big, denying that is pointless. But the size is a handicap only for about a day. Afterwards you get used to it (made easier by one handed operation options) and just feel thankful for the huge screen.

    The DNA sounds like an amazing phone. If it was released before the Note2 i might have gotten it. HTC build is superb. I'm having trouble recommending it to anyone now though because after a week of using my 16gb note I ran out of storage space (HD videos and games take up lots of it as it turns out).

    I would also like to say that I'm very satisfied with the Note 2 display. And I love how I can unplug my phone in the morning and still not run out of juice by evening even with data on and around 10 hrs of screen-on time.

    As for the issue of pocketability.. I am a girl who wears skinny/ slim fit jeans all the time so yeah no chance it gets into my front pockets and it sticks out when I put it in the back. It fits fine in my brother's pockets though and he doesn't wear baggy pants.

    I guess the best way to go with this is to try playing with both devices at the store first. No matter which one you pick you're getting a really good phone. We're lucky to have so many great devices to choose from =)

    Oh and yes knowing what kind of notifications you're getting just by seeing the LED light is convenient. It's not a dealbreaker for me though.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569, Jocelyn84 and scaramouch1 like this.
  20. #45  

    Default Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Wow. A dozen "pants" posts. Seems we're a bit in the weeds here. For the OP, go to the store, try them all, size them up (pants-wise if necessary :-) and decide.
    Thanked by:
  21. #46  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    336 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    So you wear baggy pants. Or you never bend over while it's in your pocket. This is silly. Anyone who holds the Note II for a few minutes can tell it wouldn't fit into a normal jeans pocket comfortably.

    You sound like someone who is trying to convince himself of something. No one is saying the Note II sucks. No need to be defensive. It seemed quite nice when I tried it. But there's no way it would fit comfortably into non-baggy pants.
    That would be nice if it wasn't for the fact that there are people running around with the Note and Note 2 in their pockets with no issue. So some people might find the Note series uncomfortable in normal jeans or pants pockets. I had the Note before I let my "friend" use it since the tablet features were more useful to her and it was never uncomfortable in my pockets or hers.


    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Thanked by:
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Wow. A dozen "pants" posts. Seems we're a bit in the weeds here. For the OP, go to the store, try them all, size them up (pants-wise if necessary :-) and decide.
    Ya...I don't understand how any of it has to do with helping the OP with their original problem. Especially since they never mentioned what kind of pants they wear haha
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    I don't really see that as HUGE... it's slightly taller and slightly wider. There's less of a difference between the DNA and Note 2 than there is between that iPhone and the DNA. We're talking a difference of about a centimeter here. The Note 1 was actually wider, and having seen one first hand recently, I can definitely say the Note 2 is way more palmable than that.

    The Nexus 7 is HUGE compared to the DNA. The Note 2 and DNA are in the same ballpark.
    There's a reason they got LeBron James to do the Note II commercial. Just sayin..
    sudbury78 likes this.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    Now that we're down in the weeds on features (notification light color), here's a little tidbit that got me excited. The DNA does automatic text reflow when you zoom in smaller than the margins! This is something I loved with my HTC Nexus One, but have been missing with my GNex and Chrome. The Android browser will do a manual reflow if you zoom in and then double-tap, but Chrome will not. DNA has this base covered... ftw!!!

    Also, you've just gotta see how monstrous the GN2 is with your own eyes and hands before making a decision. Unless you want a small tablet that can make phone calls, take a look first. I'm getting the DNA (today). But, the GN2's large (and removable) battery lends confidence regarding battery life and getting through the day without having to bump-charge. You could always have a wireless charging pad to set the DNA on, though. I'm hoping they have those accessories in stock today.
    kashabrown likes this.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Dna vs. Note2 vs. Razr maxx

    I believe the Original Poster has made his decision and gone following the pants fight but I am left with the same 3 phones on my list so I want feedback on my thought process.
    To do this I need to give a little background. So please bear with me.
    I am a moderate to heavy user that currently carries an HTC Thunderbolt with an extended battery and 32gb sd card. Unlike most, I have been fairly happy with my T- bolt. The reason I chose the T-bolt was that it was big, fast, and packed with a lot of features that were firsts including Simultaneous Voice and Data Over CDMA. I got the extended battery at launch because I knew there were battery issues from reading this forum. If I get a fast, feature rich phone I want to use it in all it's glory. Many were turning off the 4g, the updates, and making the screen so dim you could barely see it to save battery. What's the point of getting a powerful phone if you then castrate it. Just get a slow, 3g phone, with a smaller, dimmer screen.
    My extended battery T-bolt gets a full day of moderate to heavy use on unlimited data and I carry a full library of music and rotating list of video clips for travel on the sd card.
    It's heavy and not real attractive (although the battery extension creates a natural place to set phone on fingers in hand) but works really well.
    Now one of my upgrades is available so I can retire my trusty T-bolt and get the best smartphone available for my VZW unlimited data plan.
    The RAZR MAXX HD has everything I need with the larger screen, large battery, 32gb on board storage and the ability to add a 64gb sd card.
    Screen and camera not top of class but leaps and bounds better than what I'm used to.
    The only problem is it comes with Ice Cream Sandwich even after Jelly Bean has been out 6 months. I've gone through this "buy it now and we'll update soon" with VZW and I will never purchase another phone without the latest software. They will get around to updating but it may not be until Key Lime Pie is launched and you're constantly behind. Most T-bolt owners that haven't rooted have given up waiting for ICS even though it was promised over the summer.
    So now I'm waiting for the GN2 & Droid DNA.
    The DNA is a step up in every category for me and has the best screen, processor, and (arguably) camera on a smartphone. I just have a huge problem with the non-replaceable 2020 mAh battery powering that bright 5" screen running full time LTE. Also, there is no sd slot for external storage and only 11gb usable onboard.
    I know that screen is supposed to be more efficient, as is JB but I don't want to worry whether my phone will make it through the day or survive a long flight. I am not going to buy a fast, feature rich phone and cripple it by turning everything down to make it through the day. I want a huge battery or the option of popping in a backup.
    As for onboard data storage:
    I know everything is going to Cloud based storage and I have unlimited data but I want options. I don't always have access to the cloud and don't want to be FORCED to use it. I usually have in excess of 20 gb on my sd card at any time plus whatever apps and such are on internal storage.
    The DNA is a nice phone but I don't think I can get buy those issues.
    This leaves the GN2.
    This device has everything I need and more. The S-Pen I thought was a gimmick but people in these forums seem to be finding practical and functional uses other than a doodle pad. I've never had a note pad before and always found pda's that used a stylus cumbersome and something to lose, but it doesn't hurt with the GN2 because it is not required for normal use.
    I look at the screen size as an advantage, not a negative. I use my 4.3" T-bolt for more internet browsing than my desktop or laptop combined so the larger screen will be much appreciated.
    Although I rarely carry my phone in my pants pockets the GN2 does fit comfortably. Surprisingly, it also fits in dress shirt pockets (although the top sticks out because of its height) and of course jacket pockets. There is the size surprise for others. I usually carry my phone on my hip in holster case so the size could look a little geeky there as well as up to your ear. The same was said about the 4.3" & 4.7" screens when they came out. Now that I have practically all my music on my phone I usually talk with microphone equipped headphones anyway. Or there is always a bluetooth earpiece.
    So I'm heavily leaning to the GN2 accept there is one problem.
    The Exynos processor on the GN2 is not SVDO CDMA capable.
    My area is blanketed with LTE but there are some areas or often times in buildings that my T-bolt will go to 3g (cdma). I will not be able to talk and access the VZW data network in those cases on a GN2. My T-Bolt can and I don't like to go backward or lose functionality with a new device. I travel quite a bit also and many areas are not blessed with the VZW LTE coverage that I have in my metro area. Since all the carriers are going to LTE, SVDO 3g (cdma) will probably be a lost feature except on Qualcomm chips since they hold the patents. So waiting for the next great phone that has everything still may not give me SVDO.
    So I have an issue with all 3 phones.
    I can wait another month to see what is announced at CES in Vegas (since the VZW GN2 won't launch until almost December and I'm not having issues with my T-bolt), or I can pull the trigger at the end of next week when all 3 are out.
    Am I nit-picking on the SVDO issue?
    Should I trust that Big Red will update the MAXX HD to JB by the end of the year and then to KLP sometime in 2013?:rolleyes:
    Should I soldier on with my trusty T-Bolt until after CES or even the Mobile World Congress in february since to truly see what's on deck next?
    If you read the entire post sorry for the length.:o

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    kashabrown and bigdaddytee like this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Driod Razr Maxx vs. Thunderbolt
    By lapeter in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
  2. Rezound vs. Razr Maxx?
    By Richtpt in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 11:04 PM
  3. samsung g2 epic 4g touch vs verizon droid razr maxx
    By sparkeater79 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM
  4. RAZR MAXX vs Original Droid Razr Differences
    By retropug in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM
  5. TB vs. Driod Razr Maxx
    By lapeter in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions