Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Megaroad
  • 1 Post By jcw0101
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3

Default DNA or Razr Maxx HD advice please

I am an HTC fan on Verizon. Had the T-Bolt since the day it came out but about 6 months ago it just got tired & there were no good HTC phones on Verizon so i used my mother in laws upgrade & went Razr Maxx. Now time for MY upgrade & debating on weather i go to the DNA or just go to the Razr HD, i will NEVER but Samsung anything so that's not even a thought. .. Any & all advice would be greatly appreciated..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: DNA or Razr Maxx HD advice please

Well, how do you like the Maxx? If you like it very much, the Maxx HD is very similar, and better in every way than the Maxx. If super battery life is critical to you, nothing beats the Maxx HD for sure. I would go into a VZW store and look at them both and decide in person....

It definitely depends on how you use them. I'm all about super specs, so the DNA really appeals to me. I have so much going on throughout the day that I don't require stellar battery performance, nor do I need a lot of storage. So the DNA is perfect for me. You really just have to asses how you use your phone to get a better feel for what you need/want out of it.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Coming from my Thunderbolt I knew that battery life was absolutely paramount; I got tired of worrying about my battery constantly, turning off syncing late at night, having to charge my phone every afternoon, having the phone die just on standby on my nightstand if I forgot to plug it in before I went to sleep. I got the Maxx HD and have zero regrets. You just can't kill the battery. I plug it in once a day even though I don't have to, I never have to turn off any features, I have GPS and Bluetooth on all the time and don't have to worry about it. And I popped in the microsd card from my Thunderbolt to transfer all my media - a ten second operation. Love the screen too, as well as the near-stock experience (the Circles widget is pretty great too, and I love love love the notification light with the Light Flow app). I was an HTC fan: my first smartphone was the Tilt, then I had a TouchPro2, and then the Thunderbolt. Very happy to have moved on from HTC, and with the course that they're on I have no plans on going back.

You can try both out. If you go to Best Buy you have 30 days to exchange (and they should also price match the Amazon price [price match is back up and running on the 27th] -- I, and a lot of people on the forums here, got my Maxx HD for $199 at BB).

It's kinda a thing where you just have to decide what's most important to you. The Maxx HD wins on battery life and storage space, the DNA wins on screen, specs, and camera. The DNA has larger dimensions. The Maxx HD is virtually stock Android while the DNA is more heavily skinned. The DNA probably has better build quality, though I haven't seen one yet.

I got the Maxx HD and I like it, but you might well like something else better.
    Thanked by:
    Who? and Wingznut like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    It's kinda a thing where you just have to decide what's most important to you. The Maxx HD wins on battery life and storage space, the DNA wins on screen, specs, and camera. The DNA has larger dimensions. The Maxx HD is virtually stock Android while the DNA is more heavily skinned. The DNA probably has better build quality, though I haven't seen one yet.

Yeah, I think this is exactly right. You have to decide what's most important to you. These phones are actually very different in terms of what audience they are playing to. If extreme battery life is critical, the Maxx phones are kind of your only option. If aesthetics is a bigger deal and you can live with just average battery and storage, the DNA might be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post

Perfect answer. Kudos to you, Mr. (Mrs?) Megaroad.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I just switched from my 3 phone run with HTC , and I can honestly say,this RAZR maxx HD, is my favorite phone yet. Its battery life is better than any HTC,even when I had the cheesy HTC extended battery. The battery life is rediculous. 14 full hours of very heavy use, and still had 30 % left Not to mention, the volume and power buttons feel like they will last for at least the duration of the contract, without need of repair. Yea, its 200$, but it is the perfect business and personal phone. I also like the keyboard layout, was just like my evo 4G I had before Sprint quit providing service to WI. I was hesitant because the review on the camera was fair, iPhone and evo4g have better cameras, but I have always believed that if I want a great pic, I grab my Nikon, besides all you really need is a snapshot of the memory, your never going to make a print from your cell phone. This is truly a high quality product, worth every penny! Think about it, if you charge it every night, you will never need a car charger. I also love the Motorola software, its more intuitive, like the lg phones. I guarantee you will love your Motorola Rzr Maxx HD. I should also mention if you wear a business shirt with pocket, it is a perfect fit as it is very flat. I have found I am more likely to use two hands for surf and text, probably not ergonomic if you have. Small hands. I also love the decline call but send predefined text, I miss that from my palm 755p. In summary this is a kick *** phone, that has the quality of the hardware of the iPhone, but better, with the reliability and stability of the crackberries, the slickness of the palm pre (dare I say that?), more useful battery power than a hybrid, and when you get it in you hand, you won't put it down until your wife says she has something that feels better, or your fingers cramp up.
    Who? likes this.