Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By karn101
  • 1 Post By jphillips1963
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    I have a open line on my account I use for upgrades and such and its now eligible for an upgrade. Here's my delima, I wish to keep unlimited data so I can use the upgrade and once activated swap it to my primary line and put the dumb phone back on that line. Or I can purchase straight up now and save the upgrade for if something better comes out in the next 2-3 months.
    The rest of this story is this I get a 25% discount on all phones and accessories at Verizon due to work (something they have worked out with Verizon) so the phone at upgrade price cost me 149.00 with discount or 450.00 buying straight out with my discount. Yes I can afford the full price so that's not the issue just looking for some advice from you guys here.

    Thanks in advance

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    I have a open line on my account I use for upgrades and such and its now eligible for an upgrade. Here's my delima, I wish to keep unlimited data so I can use the upgrade and once activated swap it to my primary line and put the dumb phone back on that line. Or I can purchase straight up now and save the upgrade for if something better comes out in the next 2-3 months.
    The rest of this story is this I get a 25% discount on all phones and accessories at Verizon due to work (something they have worked out with Verizon) so the phone at upgrade price cost me 149.00 with discount or 450.00 buying straight out with my discount. Yes I can afford the full price so that's not the issue just looking for some advice from you guys here.

    Thanks in advance

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    Can you mate your discount with price matches? Because wirefly has the DNA for 149.99 on upgrades (I believe) so that plus your discount would be a pretty good deal. Also, I'm guessing majority of the devices that will be coming out in the next few months will have the same specs as the DNA. Except some might have a slightly bigger battery or more storage. So if those two things are important maybe just buy it outright. If not, I'd say use the upgrade.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    I have a open line on my account I use for upgrades and such and its now eligible for an upgrade. Here's my delima, I wish to keep unlimited data so I can use the upgrade and once activated swap it to my primary line and put the dumb phone back on that line. Or I can purchase straight up now and save the upgrade for if something better comes out in the next 2-3 months.
    The rest of this story is this I get a 25% discount on all phones and accessories at Verizon due to work (something they have worked out with Verizon) so the phone at upgrade price cost me 149.00 with discount or 450.00 buying straight out with my discount. Yes I can afford the full price so that's not the issue just looking for some advice from you guys here.

    Thanks in advance

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    450 for the DNA is a steal. I'd jump at that personally. I didn't know they gave discounts on contract prices and full retail prices on phones, that's cool.
  4. #4  
    radgatt's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Where is the DNA $450?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    @workMakin$
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    Where is the DNA $450

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I get a discount through my work on Verizon purchases of 25% so the phone retails at 600.00 take 25% off that or 150.00 and I get it for 450.00 plus taxes. I'm sure there be more phones out after first yr so I'm thinking I'll buy it straight out see what comes out and sell the DNA and get what ever is on the market then. I may even buy a couple of them and try make a 100.00

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    Umass021's Avatar

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    I also get 25% off but they don't give it to you off the phone as far as I know only accessories.

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by Umass021 View Post
    I also get 25% off but they don't give it to you off the phone as far as I know only accessories.

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    I actually get it off phones and accessories. Discounts varies per I suppose how companies have it set up thru Verizon.

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Do you have to purchase the phone on a website through your employer or can you use that discount in the retail stores?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2297 View Post
    Do you have to purchase the phone on a website through your employer or can you use that discount in the retail stores?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    I can go to the Verizon store or Verizon online and purchase phones or accessories and get my discount as they ring up the products I'm purchasing.

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  
    karn101's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    I can go to the Verizon store or Verizon online and purchase phones or accessories and get my discount as they ring up the products I'm purchasing.

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    That's... pretty crazy. I'm with the other guy, I also get 25% but accessories only. If you can do that, buy 10 of them and sell them on ebay each for $500.

    Actually, I'll pay you $500 if that's true.
    pcsperson likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    That's... pretty crazy. I'm with the other guy, I also get 25% but accessories only. If you can do that, buy 10 of them and sell them on ebay each for $500.

    Actually, I'll pay you $500 if that's true.
    Yea I didn't know about the discount on the phones itself until I purchased my rezound and I got the discount then along with the ext battery which was already on sale and the otterbox box case. I'd be willing to help guys out here on cost if you pay the shipping and yea I'd sell em for say 50.00 over my cost which be 450.00 plus sales tax. Not sure who or how many bite on the offer as you have pay me first and I'd go buy the phone and ship it to ya via USPS priority mail with insurance and a delivery confirmation and signature.
    Probably more trouble on my end but I'm willing to help anyone I can on saving money.

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Yea I didn't know about the discount on the phones itself until I purchased my rezound and I got the discount then along with the ext battery which was already on sale and the otterbox box case. I'd be willing to help guys out here on cost if you pay the shipping and yea I'd sell em for say 50.00 over my cost which be 450.00 plus sales tax. Not sure who or how many bite on the offer as you have pay me first and I'd go buy the phone and ship it to ya via USPS priority mail with insurance and a delivery confirmation and signature.
    Probably more trouble on my end but I'm willing to help anyone I can on saving money.

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    What a guy!

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    I was told the 25% discount only applied to subsidized prices for 2-yr contracts. I had to pay the full retail of $599.99. But, I can still get discounts on the accessories.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbeat View Post
    I was told the 25% discount only applied to subsidized prices for 2-yr contracts. I had to pay the full retail of $599.99. But, I can still get discounts on the accessories.

    I'll find out tomorrow on that as I've never purchased a phone at full price before. I know my 25% does work at the subsidized price. Once I get into Verizon in the morning I'll know more on if my discount works at full price or not.


    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    pcsperson likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Please let us know, my company gets 20% off of phones, but if you get it unsubsidized I'm sure I could talk someone at Verizon to do the same :-)
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    I'll find out tomorrow on that as I've never purchased a phone at full price before. I know my 25% does work at the subsidized price. Once I get into Verizon in the morning I'll know more on if my discount works at full price or not.
    Cool, please let us know how it turns out. I had assumed I could get the discount on any new phone (subsidized or not). But, it wasn't to be. If this VZW person was mistaken, I'd certainly like to know so I can get my $150 back. :-)
  17. #17  
    Optimus Nexus's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    I sold my S3 and bought the DNA for the full $599 retail price. If you can afford it and you worked out your financials where you can make the purchase, I would say buy it full retail and save the upgrade for maybe the DNA+ or something, lol.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Upgrade or purchase straight out DNA

    Well I didn't purchase the DNA today I did take a long hard look at the phone and swept thru the menus and played with it as much as I could and I was just about to purchase the phone and it hit me to check signal strength. So I pulled up the menu made sure WiFi was off and checked the dBm on the phone and compared it to my rezound side by side and sadly to say the DNA signal was weaker than the rezound on avg of 10 dBm that may not sound like much but I already live in a weak area and I need all the signal strength I can get. So unfortunately I'm letting the phone go to the way side and wait to see what comes out in the near future. You guys who got the phone enjoy and I hope it serves you well.

    Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. To upgrade or not to upgrade?
    By posterboy7596 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 04:13 PM
  2. Fascinate FREE again (upgrades or new, non-Best Buy)
    By cobo808 in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
  3. to upgrade or not?
    By The Jester in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
  4. Should i upgrade or wait
    By GNX231 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
  5. Free Aria with Upgrade or New Contract
    By potheadhero in forum HTC Aria
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

B