Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Who is going "bareback" with their DNA??

Anymore people being brave and going bareback? I'm going on some roller coaster rides today and it's making me consider a case but I hate to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Anymore people being brave and going bareback? I'm going on some roller coaster rides today and it's making me consider a case but I hate to cover it.
    If it drops from a roller coaster ride, I doubt a case would do any good...

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA

I meant more the bumping around.

No bareback for me. I have a case and screen protector cause I know that if I don't use both, my phone will magically fly out of my hand/pocket and slam into the nearest hard object/surface.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    No bareback for me. I have a case and screen protector cause I know that if I don't use both, my phone will magically fly out of my hand/pocket and slam into the nearest hard object/surface.

Same for me. I would rather ensure that my phone works. Looks are a secondary consideration.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dasaucemasta View Post
    I purchased insurance from Verizon when I bought the DNA because I was planning on not using a case and also just wanted to protect my investment. If I drop my phone without using a case, will Verizon replace my phone no questions asked? Or will they say that since I didnt purchase a case that they wont replace my DNA?
    I just had to replace mine through Asurion (Verizon insurance) and sad to say there is a deductible of 100.00 dollars. But they send you all new SIM and charger and you get to keep the old ones.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

I currently am without a case, just a screen protector. My friend bought me the typical Verizon hard case with the hip holster and kick stand, was not fat but didn't seem to offer much corner protection and worst of all, produced blue distortion due to it pulling back on the edges. I don't use that case anymore and have been open carrying for a month. Am considering the DNA Ballistic LS case as it doesn't look too bulky, and looks like it offers decent protection without the risk of screen distortion. Am actually about to place an order. Will post a picture when I receive it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who is going "bareback" with their DNA??-imag0109.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mav00761380 View Post
    I just had to replace mine through Asurion (Verizon insurance) and sad to say there is a deductible of 100.00 dollars. But they send you all new SIM and charger and you get to keep the old ones.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!
    Dang I miss the days when those deductibles were $50.
    Irvgotti likes this.

No screen protector for me but I just ordered a caseology TPU case for it. Id hate to cover up the sexiness of this phone but I cant afford to drop it and be stuck with that deductible.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I just got mine and don't have any cash for a case but I did put insurance on it.

No case, just a screen protector. I can't get any scratches on that gorgeous screen. I would get a case but it just barley fits in my hand as it is.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

3 years -- no screen protector, no case... no worries. OG DInc, Rezound, DNA... (anybody taking bets on whether or not I just jinxed myself?)

If I ever decide to go with a case, it would be one of those Barely There models... scuff-protection for the back.

Quote Originally Posted by ericlc2 View Post
    Poetic Atmosphere clear thin case, bare screen here!

Had this case for about a week and the bumper part completely separated from the plastic. Great looking case, but very poor durability. The phone is now naked and will stay that way until better cases are a bit more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by JWatson4701 View Post
    Had this case for about a week and the bumper part completely separated from the plastic. Great looking case, but very poor durability. The phone is now naked and will stay that way until better cases are a bit more affordable.
    I also have this case, and luckily, that hasn't happened yet. However, I also ordered the Seidio Active case, which I should have in a couple days, and I think I'll be using that one once I get it.

No case or screen protector on mine. Work for VZW SO I didn't want to cover it up. Can't stand screen protectors on any of my phones. Dropped it on concrete outside of work. No scratches, just a little dinged up on the corner.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid ICS Beta 3

I'm not using a case on mine. Just happen to have the full body, Zagg Invisible Shield. I got it installed at my local mall kiosk. Lifetime warranty too.

This gives me a great grip of my beautiful DNA, and still reveals all of its splendor and sexiness!

Check out this link peeps...

PS. I still carry insurance coverage though.

Sent from my Rooted and Viper ROM'ed, Droid DNA!
    ~Android 4 TeMo~
    ~Sorry BB, you failed to step up your game so I had to let you GO~

I went naked with my Evo 4G for 18 months...then I dropped it and shattered the screen. Got a refurbished unit through Asurion for $100. Continued to go naked for 6 more months without incident until I upgraded to the One S, which went naked for 6 months when I switched to the DNA. After 3 months I decided to stop pushing my luck and put a case on it. I just got the Incipio Feather, which hardly adds to the size at all, though it is a bit slicker than the phone itself. Hopefully that lessens with wear.

My phone is naked....I purchased the diztronic case and even as thin as it is, it seemed to really add a lot of bulk to the phone. Plus as others have said, i really like the look/feel of the phone and every case I've seen takes away from the phone. I kept my case and used it when I went to the mountains on a trip and when I go on bike rides where I have it mounted on my handlebars, but for everyday use, it's naked and I'll take my chances. I tend to be careful with my phones and from past experiences I should not have problems with drops or abuse with this one. Knock on TPU.
    Thanked by:

I have been in Disney all week and had my phone bareback. Today I went on space mountain and my phone was hitting the side of the car the entire time. Then we did pirates of the Caribbean in the front row not knowing you get wet. My whole lap was soaked. Fortunately my phone is still operating fine. But I put my Verizon tpu case on it right after I got back to my room. Scared of damaging it on rides or getting it wet.

I have been in Disney all week and had my phone bareback. Today I went on space mountain and my phone was hitting the side of the car the entire time. Then we did pirates of the Caribbean in the front row not knowing you get wet. My whole lap was soaked. Fortunately my phone is still operating fine. But I put my Verizon tpu case on it right after I got back to my room. Scared of damaging it on rides or getting it wet.
    Its fairly water resistant so you should be okay.

Thanked by:

Bareback is the only way to go (;

Yeah a friend convinced me that it's fine without the case. So it's bareback again

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Jumped of the bareback wagon today. I ordered the incipio two piece case off amazon. It looks like a higher quality otterbox commutor case. It was 19 bucks and ill update when I get it.

I had a tpu case on my phone for about an hour and now its off.

I just cant get myself to hide this sexiness.

Part of the reason I am hesitant to go bareback is the back scratches so easily.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast