Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Refused to sell the Droid DNA without activating

Went to verizon store to buy the dna out right for $600 they wouldnt sell it to me unless I linked it to a Verizon account. WhichI dont have I am a ATT customer

is there anyway I can buy this phone ?

Default Re: Verizon Refused to sell the Droid DNA without activating

Open an account, Pay $199. Get home, cancel account and pay $350 ETF. You should come out about even with full retail pricing. I do believe you will lose your warranty though. YMMV

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Open an account, Pay $199. Get home, cancel account and pay $350 ETF. You should come out about even with full retail pricing. I do believe you will lose your warranty though. YMMV
    You have to have 30 days service I believe. If you cancel prior you have to return the device. So it's 199 plus a month, plus the ETF.

Easiest way? I'm sure you know a friend on VZ. Have them order it online.
    Legalized Drug Dealer

Do they do that to stop people from buying them, then reselling them on eBay?
    -Matt

HTC DNA

If you know someone whose already a Verizon customer (and already has a LTE device), you could ask them to order the phone full priced online for you. They won't have to activate the device themselves and it shouldn't have an effect on their account. I did it this when I bought a Galaxy S3 at full price through Verizon's website but instead gave it to my partner as a gift.

Or if you're the more patient type, you could purchase it through an online retailer like Amazon which was selling it at $599 or Wirefly.com at $650. Unfortunately Amazon has it back ordered so you'd have to keep checking on it.

My question, is it possible to activate the device on AT&Ts network without having to activate on Verizon's first?

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Try a different store? Amazon or wirefly?
    Privacy is overrated :P

Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zepfloyd View Post
    You have to have 30 days service I believe. If you cancel prior you have to return the device. So it's 199 plus a month, plus the ETF.
    It's 14 days on Verizon.

To the OP: Just go to VerizonWireless.com and order it as a month to month phone. No contract needed.

You'll lose the Verizon warranty, but you'll have the HTC warranty which is good for a year

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    It's 14 days on Verizon.

To the OP: Just go to VerizonWireless.com and order it as a month to month phone. No contract needed.
    It's 14 days with no penalty, but after that you're still liable.

I just ordered one from Amazon and I have tmobile.. Will I need to have a Verizon SIM card in there to activate it? What can I do from it being a new device to just use it?

I walked into Verizon corp store on a launch day, and bought DNA outright, $599. I have a concessions account they can't even look into it. No questions asked.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

They will probably charge you for the device too. Tmobile and AT&T do.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    They will probably charge you for the device too. Tmobile and AT&T do.
    If you wait for after the 14 day period to end you won't get charged I did this recently with tmobile and my brother did it for an iPhone 5 on at&t back in October but I'm not sure how Verizon works should be the same

Sent from my PC36100
    Last edited by blaze5; 12-01-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    If you wait for after the 14 day period to end you won't get charged I did this recently with tmobile and my brother did it for an iPhone 5 on at&t back in October but I'm not sure how Verizon works should be the same

Sent from my PC36100
    Tmobile charges you the full price plus Etf. It was in one of the nexus four threads.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Tmobile charges you the full price plus Etf. It was in one of the nexus four threads.
    That's weird I did it for a galaxy s3 and they never charged me full price just the etf and my monthly bill maybe it varies by location or I got lucky

Sent from my PC36100

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I bought DNA @ $599 from Amazon.com and the phone came today. No need to open line with Verizon. I took out the Verizon SIM card in it and boot it up and Skip and Activation process and let it finish the setup process. Then I turned off the phone and pop in my AT&T SIM card and it is good to go. I had to program APN setting before I can use celluar data. Everything works fine so far.