- 241 Posts
- Atom on Nexus
Does installing a new launcher improve performance? Battery?
There's a lot of gripes in the community about Sense and it's impacts on performance and battery drain. While I personally have no issues with it, does installing a new launcher essentially deactivate Sense? If I were to install something like Apex or Nova, what do I gain or lose besides Sense and some of it's widgets?
- 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM #2
Re: Does installing a new launcher improve performance? Battery?
the oly thi you wll be disabling with installing another launcher is the sense launcher itself.This could help save battery.
I recently switched from apex to nova and quite surpisingly noticed a bit less drain overall,not much but something after all.
If you want to get rid of sense completly you will have to unlock,root it and flash a aosp based rom which arent avaiable right now
- By D850 in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM
- By anicholas7 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
- By oasis9389 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
- By g.711#ac in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2010, 05:51 PM
- By lastdetailwd in forum HTC HeroReplies: 4Last Post: 11-23-2009, 01:26 AM