Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Stuck/Dead Pixels?

After impatiently waiting what most certainly must have been years (read: days), I received my Droid DNA in the mail today. After a viscerally haphazard unboxing and activation I can say with some level of certainty that this device is truly something to behold (Sense's cartoonish visage not withstanding). However, I've noticed several "stuck" pixels -- some free standing and one small group in a scratch like formation -- marring the otherwise resolutionary display. *eh hem*

Now this leaves me wondering, is this a common defect on the DNA? I realize that the phone literally just went on sale, but have any of you other early adopters noticed any stuck or dead pixels? You'll want to look a solid color image (black preferably) to make them more readily apparent. It's worth noting that with such an ungodly pixel density that these stuck pixels are nearly imperceivable, but it's still extremely off putting to see on a brand new device. And more than that, once seen they are had to unsee.

I'm asking not only out of sheer curiosity, but also to determine whether or not exchanging this for a new one might be an exercise in futility. I don't have a local Verizon store so an exchange works out to be roughly another week of waiting. I'm an exceedingly impatient person, especially if it turns out that the replacement I receive is likely to have the same problem.

So tell me, internet, is this problem universal among these first batches of the Droid DNA?
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,173 Global Posts

Default Re: Stuck/Dead Pixels?

i heard about this problem with the Rezound...you're the first i've seen with the DNA

I bought my Dna yesterday from Verizon and I just noticed one stuck pixel. Very annoying now that I know it's there. Very much considering exchanging it. Otherwise I love the phone so far. I upgraded from a Droid X.

no dead pixels on mine.

None on mine.

Ran a DeadPixel app across all the color schemes it supported (red/blue/green/black/grey/white) all pixels accounted for and working (Store Bought
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I bought my Dna yesterday from Verizon and I just noticed one stuck pixel. Very annoying now that I know it's there. Very much considering exchanging it. Otherwise I love the phone so far. I upgraded from a Droid X.
    So far it's looking like the problem isn't very widespread, so maybe exchanging it will be for the best. The Droid X was a great phone, my first smartphone. I still think its industrial design beats just about anything else out there -- way better than route Motorola seems to be taking with the RAZR family of phones -- but yeah, it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Upgrading was probably a good idea.

I have a stuck/dead pixel as well :\. And I agree, once you notice it, pretty hard to not see it. Not sure if that's enough ground to replace it next week sometime.