Auto Brightness

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Would one of the DNA owners kindly let me know if the auto brightness fully dims in a dark room?

Auto brightness has always been a bit strange on the Inc 2 because it barely dims, and is consequently way too bright in a dark room.

Speaking of the Inc 2, I'm still fishing for any comments regarding to how battery life is going to compare, thanks.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a fan of auto brightness, never seems to hit a brightness I'd prefer, I usually use a widget to control, though granted having it do it by itself is nice.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep my brightness on manual and have the widet on my home screen. Almost always it is on the lowest setting. Brightness doesn't translate into a better picture and the screen on the DNA is pretty damn bright, even on the lowest setting.

WilliamStern

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Auto brightness works great on this phone. I normally hate using AB due to not being able to see the screne in certain situations, but for the first time with this phone I've had no issues at all.

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm another one that normally doesn't use auto brightness. It never seems to adjust correctly - either too bright or too dim, or even twithcy/flickery. I've read a few reviews that said it works well on the DNA, so I gave it a try today. I have to say I'm very happy with how well it works. I would say it typically is on ther brighter side (which I prefer), rather than dimmer. It's a great screen, too - I was amazed how well I could see the screen out doors. I had my TB at the same time and had to shade the screen to even see anything, whereas the DNA was perfectly visible, and even had good contrast and color. Back to the auto brightness topic - I'm planning on leaving it turned on as it really does seem to do a good job of auto adjusting

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be working sufficiently enough for me. Dims well enough in low light and brightens up enough in direct light to see the screen clearly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm