Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ordering uoutside US

Hello,
    I live in Europe and I would like to order this phone. Is it possible? If it is, then how should I do that?

Default Re: Ordering uoutside US

Quote Originally Posted by ipodas1 View Post
    Hello,
    I live in Europe and I would like to order this phone. Is it possible? If it is, then how should I do that?
    Hi, I tried it from the netherlands and it was nto possible, because Verizon could not accept an European Creditcard.
    My parents went to America and took it with them (also with some trouble), and now in the netherlands my data connection is not working yet.

You may have to look for another Butterfly variant

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by ipodas1 View Post
    Hello,
    Your best bet is to find it on eBay or an importer (I don't know if Expansys, Negri, or MobiCityship to where you are, but if not, maybe there's a similar company?) Verizon will never sell it to you.

If I may ask, where in Europe are you? If your carriers operate UMTS on the 900 and/or 2100MHz frequencies, you could go with the international model (Butterfly). I know some of those sites I listed above have it up for preorder. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Droogh View Post
    Hi, I tried it from the netherlands and it was nto possible, because Verizon could not accept an European Creditcard.
    My parents went to America and took it with them (also with some trouble), and now in the netherlands my data connection is not working yet.
    Hm...have you gone into Settings>Mobile Data>Preferred Network and selected "GSM/UMTS"? Then, try "GSM/UMTS Options," to add your carrier's APN (and delete Verizon's if you wish). Probably a good idea to reboot at this point.

I'm using my DNA on a GSM carrier in the US (T-Mobile), it really shouldn't be any different for you. I have noticed the software seems a bit laggy in recognizing GSM SIMs and registering on the network.