24 hours with a DNA

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How are you liking it? I got it. How has your battery been? Its to early to have a real good answer. I took mine off the charger around 9 and I have like 87%

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I refuse. It doesn't have SD Slot, no removable battery, and it's an HTC device. Just kidding :)

1. I'd like to know if the task switching behavior is changed so that apps don't have to reload as often.
2. When recording video with the camera and it does the auto-exposure adjustment, do you notice and of the dropped frame rate that is normally seen in low lighting?
3. Now that the power button is in the center, do you find it difficult to press when using the device with one hand? (I was going to assume no since the soft touch coating is used and the phone shouldn't slip).
4. How does the Beats Audio Amplifier sound compared to just using the Beats EQ?
5. How much do you like the front facing camera now that it has the same features as the Windows Phone 8x.
6. Do the power and volume buttons require more effort to press, since they recessed a little more than the EVO4GLTE and HOX?
7. In your personal opinion, do you feel that Sense 4+ compliments Jelly Bean or tries to do more than it should.
8. How smooth is the web browsing experience using the stock browser (scrolling, re-sizing, rendering, etc.)
9. On average how fast are the charging times?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
How are you liking it? I got it. How has your battery been? Its to early to have a real good answer. I took mine off the charger around 9 and I have like 87%

I know this is subjective, but how do you like the back-side texture (soft-touch)? Is it easy to wipe off any smudges? How does it feel in the hand compared to a plastic or metal phone?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know this is subjective, but how do you like the back-side texture (soft-touch)? Is it easy to wipe off any smudges? How does it feel in the hand compared to a plastic or metal phone?
I like it. Its easy to clean the smudges. I just ate and wiped my phone off. It feels ways better than holding my galaxy nexus. The way you hold it your fingers are on the side. Holding that feels amazing. The power button isn't bad at all. The volume is a bastard tho. Beats sound good. I never used a eq or anything like that. As far as the recent tabs. They have not reloaded for me. Takes me back to where I left off. I charged it last night from 10% took about 3 he's for it to reach 97. I just saw a brushed aluminum back cover. I may get that (off topic) but from my short time. The phone feels great . does everything great. I use chrome. But the default is good as well. Moves very smooth. I I have missed HTC. Sense 4 is smooth. Glad they toned it down. Very noticeable if you are coming from a thunderbolt. The lack of storage isn't bad considering drop box. You will always have internet some way or some how. The battery.. I'll come back after a week

Surprisingly, I have not messed with the camera that much. I'll be with family today I'll do some videos and tell you how it works for me.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I think it feels nice. Definitely better than the gnex back. As far ad smudges I've found it pretty easy to while. I work in a restaurant and last night every time I checked my phone at work I would get crud on the back. I just whiped it on my shirt and they were gone.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I use chrome.

I have been using chrome too. However, I have been having issues with it. It has crashed a couple of times when closing a tab during multiple tab uses. Also, I put the chrome bookmark widget a homescreen. The bookmarks were there for a day and now the widget is just blank...have you had any issues? Or has anyone else had issues with chrome?

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been using chrome too. However, I have been having issues with it. It has crashed a couple of times when closing a tab during multiple tab uses. Also, I put the chrome bookmark widget a homescreen. The bookmarks were there for a day and now the widget is just blank...have you had any issues? Or has anyone else had issues with chrome?

Definitely had some lag and overall unresponsiveness with chrome.

Swype is not adding the auto space for me in the Stock browser or gosms.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I like it. Its easy to clean the smudges. I just ate and wiped my phone off. It feels ways better than holding my galaxy nexus. The way you hold it your fingers are on the side. Holding that feels amazing. The power button isn't bad at all. The volume is a bastard tho. Beats sound good. I never used a eq or anything like that. As far as the recent tabs. They have not reloaded for me. Takes me back to where I left off. I charged it last night from 10% took about 3 he's for it to reach 97. I just saw a brushed aluminum back cover. I may get that (off topic) but from my short time. The phone feels great . does everything great. I use chrome. But the default is good as well. Moves very smooth. I I have missed HTC. Sense 4 is smooth. Glad they toned it down. Very noticeable if you are coming from a thunderbolt. The lack of storage isn't bad considering drop box. You will always have internet some way or some how. The battery.. I'll come back after a week

Surprisingly, I have not messed with the camera that much. I'll be with family today I'll do some videos and tell you how it works for me.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I'm jealous though, since I can't get this phone on Sprint. Might have to sell my EVO and buy one of these off of contract, if my patience runs out.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I refuse. It doesn't have SD Slot, no removable battery, and it's an HTC device. Just kidding :)

1. I'd like to know if the task switching behavior is changed so that apps don't have to reload as often.
2. When recording video with the camera and it does the auto-exposure adjustment, do you notice and of the dropped frame rate that is normally seen in low lighting?
3. Now that the power button is in the center, do you find it difficult to press when using the device with one hand? (I was going to assume no since the soft touch coating is used and the phone shouldn't slip).
4. How does the Beats Audio Amplifier sound compared to just using the Beats EQ?
5. How much do you like the front facing camera now that it has the same features as the Windows Phone 8x.
6. Do the power and volume buttons require more effort to press, since they recessed a little more than the EVO4GLTE and HOX?
7. In your personal opinion, do you feel that Sense 4+ compliments Jelly Bean or tries to do more than it should.
8. How smooth is the web browsing experience using the stock browser (scrolling, re-sizing, rendering, etc.)
9. On average how fast are the charging times?

1. Task switching is fast, had a variety of apps open and was able to resume without a issue
2. I did do some low light video but wasn't checking frame rate, looked ok but I'm not a photographer
3. Generally No, that said when I added the silicon cover from vZ it's a bit deep inside the slot, may go back to naked
4. I used it with my Bose headphones.. basically gave it more dynamics, the sound was very loud at max
5. Ddid a few of those, the more wide angle seemed nice
6. Volume is fine with / without cover, power see # 3
7. Skins are skins it's a branding thing, fortunately the phone is fast enough it's not much issue, I'll be replacing the launcher myself
8. Seemed ok, I use Dolphin and prefer the gestures
9. No hard actual numbers here but both wired and wireless I was ok with it
10. I like the back.. just enough feel to not be slippery.. looks good also

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Kind of curious, what cloud services are you guys using to manage your media? More specificially those that have more than the usual 5GB of free storage offered by most providers.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Definitely had some lag and overall unresponsiveness with chrome.

Swype is not adding the auto space for me in the Stock browser or gosms.

I've been using the stock browser and I feel it's not only smoother than Chrome on it, but that is is pretty great. I find the stock browser to be fast, responsive, good at rendering and reflowing text on the fly. I really really like it. I have used Chrome on the gnex for a long time, but I do not plan on using Chrome on this phone from this point forward. I can't say enough about the stock browser so far (1 day into it of course). I'll report if it changes ...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Kinda off topic, but what is the best browser to use on this phone? Stock? Chrome?

Thanks!

I'm use Chrome on everything from my laptop to my phone. Nice to have all my bookmarks the same for all devices. Your able to view pages open on one device from another.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I like using DropBox. I'm up to 14GB of free space. http://db.tt/Xi7OVcy0

Using an music? How is cloud storage with managing music? I'm just use to either sync music via itunes or drap and drop on local storage. Definitely not looking for something where I feel like I have to compromise too music. My music is very important to me. Storage was the one thing that prevented me from picking this up yesterday but I'm still thinking about it. And I did think about using google music as well but I would prefer an all in one cloud storage that manages everything.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Using an music? How is cloud storage with managing music? I'm just use to either sync music via itunes or drap and drop on local storage. Definitely not looking for something where I feel like I have to compromise too music. My music is very important to me. Storage was the one thing that prevented me from picking this up yesterday but I'm still thinking about it. And I did think about using google music as well but I would prefer an all in one cloud storage that manages everything.

Heres what i do, when ever i download new music i send it to my music folder in drop box, from there Google Music picks it up and copys it to my Google Music account. that way i can pull it down to any device, and download it(from dropbox) IF i want it saved to the DNA. No need for cables....Google Music will work the same way.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Heres what i do, when ever i download new music i send it to my music folder in drop box, from there Google Music picks it up and copys it to my Google Music account. that way i can pull it down to any device, and download it(from dropbox) IF i want it saved to the DNA. No need for cables....Google Music will work the same way.

Oh ok. Sounds like a good option for managing everything. I'll take a look into this. Thanks.

Mario Fasolo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Does Google Music and cloud music storage take up a lot of data? Having Verizon make me do 2gb a month only seems like streaming music would drain it real quick!

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
No problem, i find it good to use for anyone that uses itunes, windows midea or any other Music applications.