Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kilofoxtrot
  • 1 Post By paulmike3
  • 1 Post By Who?
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NFC

Anybody use or try it yet???

Default Re: NFC

Yes....

Using NFC Task Launcher

I have a NFC tag in my car that: turns bluetooth on, wifi off, and launches the car app.
    paulmike3 likes this.

Yeah, I just sent a couple of pics back and forth with my wife... Easy peasy.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Tried it with my brother's Nexus 7 transferring a web page, pic, and app (opened Play Store to the app). Pretty slick!
    Wingznut likes this.

Depending on the size of the file it may or maynot take a bit of time, xfered a 1.5meg pic and it took about 15 secs, a bit long in the tooth to have the phones close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jamdmyers View Post
    Depending on the size of the file it may or maynot take a bit of time, xfered a 1.5meg pic and it took about 15 secs, a bit long in the tooth to have the phones close to each other.
    They don't have to stay next to each other the whole time... Just long enough to make the connection.

I think.... I'll have to do some experiments..

What are the best NFC Tags to use? I just saw these 10 NFC Tag Bundle w/ NFC keychain + Stickers and wondered if these would work.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    Yeah, I just sent a couple of pics back and forth with my wife... Easy peasy.

Send some our way too?
    still_smoking likes this.

I'm having a hard time getting this to work on my DNA. There seems to be a very small sweet zone to get it to work. Anyone know where the chip is actually located?

Do samsun tectiles work with DNA NFC?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nDroid3 View Post
    Do samsun tectiles work with DNA NFC?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Yes. It's all the same on the inside.

Sent from my DROID DNA using Android Central Forums

We sell our ntag203 tags on the Amazon marketplace here (Amazon.com: tapwise) We mainly sell them in packs of 10 but we also have startup packs and even have packs of 50 tags.

What's a good use for NFC other than beaming pictures?

Sent from my Droid DNA

You can program NFC tags to do tons of different things that can benefit your daily routine. Some of the most common uses would be to turn on or off your wifi, turn on or off your bluetooth (in your car for example), send texts, emails, you can put them on your business cards and have the tag send your info to the person via touch, you can have the tags set up to send people to your website, facebook or twitter.. .etc. the list goes on and on!

Quote Originally Posted by TapWise View Post
    You can program NFC tags to do tons of different things that can benefit your daily routine. Some of the most common uses would be to turn on or off your wifi, turn on or off your bluetooth (in your car for example), send texts, emails, you can put them on your business cards and have the tag send your info to the person via touch, you can have the tags set up to send people to your website, facebook or twitter.. .etc. the list goes on and on!
    TapWise, I did a search in the forums to try and find out more about NFC, but didn't find anything. I know nothing about this subject and am very interested in learning all about it. Can you lead me to where I can learn about what NFC is and how it works? Thank you!

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Atom on Nexus

While I never really used NFC much beyond Wallet on my Nexus, here's a thread from their forum which may give some insight into uses. You may have some reading and scrolling to do but there's some good discussion in there. It also talks about nfc tags that people have purchased and the ones that work best:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...axy-nexus.html

Here is a link posted in that forum of how someone was using theirs:

Using NFC tags with Galaxy Nexus to change settings based on location | Erik Dasque's random ramblings and photography

This stuff here means nothing to me but I'm not a developer:

NFC Basics | Android Developers

Quote Originally Posted by orlanka View Post
    While I never really used NFC much beyond Wallet on my Nexus, here's a thread from their forum which may give some insight into uses. You may have some reading and scrolling to do but there's some good discussion in there. It also talks about nfc tags that people have purchased and the ones that work best:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...axy-nexus.html

Here is a link posted in that forum of how someone was using theirs:

Using NFC tags with Galaxy Nexus to change settings based on location | Erik Dasque's random ramblings and photography

This stuff here means nothing to me but I'm not a developer:

NFC Basics | Android Developers
    Thank you so much for taking your time to post this info! Appreciate it and I will take a look.

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!