Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Default Re: Real World Battery Use Results...

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Comparing just about anything to the battery life of the Maxx HD will result in favoring the Maxx obviously. My Gnex lost between 20-50% overnight. Other phones are the same or worse. 10% is not bad at all ..
    I had a Droid 2 with a 1440 mAh battery and even that didn't lose "20-50%" overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    I had a Droid 2 with a 1440 mAh battery and even that didn't lose "20-50%" overnight.
    So did I. It most certainly did ..

Battery life has been excellent for me.
    akira751 likes this.

19 h 25 m now at 49%. No streaming on Bluetooth or 3g, just Wi-Fi.

This phone won't last a typical day for me but the wife will get this when I get the note 2.

The Nottinator
    kf4pwb likes this.

I could see having a problem with the battery if they didn't make a phone with a charging port!, i honestly can't believe the most important thing for most people with a phone is the battery! Plug the damn thing in! It never killed me that my og evo got maybe 8 hrs, that's because they have electrical outlets installed in most or maybe even all buildings and homes!
    Sorry about the rant, but can't we just be happy with or devices and use your time getting pissed about not getting updates and fixes quicker? Lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    robbies7897, Fraggle79 and Ezduzit like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    I could see having a problem with the battery if they didn't make a phone with a charging port!, i honestly can't believe the most important thing for most people with a phone is the battery! Plug the damn thing in! It never killed me that my og evo got maybe 8 hrs, that's because they have electrical outlets installed in most or maybe even all buildings and homes!
    Sorry about the rant, but can't we just be happy with or devices and use your time getting pissed about not getting updates and fixes quicker? Lol

You do understand that allot of people don't sit in thier house or an office all day long!

At the end of a long day, you go out for drinks with friends, do you take a charger with you? Do you keep track of everywhere you plug in? That is bsolutely stupid! Put a big enough effing battery to not have to worry about it! I can't believe the most important thing for people like you is not battery! You and the other "pluggers" on here are defending inconvenience! It defies logic. If you can have a bigger battery, why would you not want it?
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    The Hustleman, Who? and johnriii like this.

For folks that don't have access to power outlets for long periods, battery is a concern. For those that DO have access, I would agree with you, it makes little sense to complain much.
    Who? and johnriii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    You do understand that allot of people don't sit in thier house or an office all day long!

At the end of a long day, you go out for drinks with friends, do you take a charger with you? Do you keep track of everywhere you plug in? That is bsolutely stupid! Put a big enough effing battery to not have to worry about it! I can't believe the most important thing for people like you is not battery! You and the other "pluggers" on here are defending inconvenience! It defies logic. If you can have a bigger battery, why would you not want it?
    Umm, I'm a plumber who is going from house to house all day, that my little Buddie is what a car charger is for! Please get over your battery issues and life for you will be soooooooo much better, and I'm not saying bigger is not better, I'm saying what is in there is in there, deal with it, not whine about it! :banghead:

robbies7897 likes this.

If it had a bigger battery you would still that it didn't have a big enough battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Here

The Nottinator
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Real World Battery Use Results...-uploadfromtaptalk1353896808217.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adamd1169 View Post
    If it had a bigger battery you would still that it didn't have a big enough battery.

Nope, I have never complained over the Maxx stellar battery performance
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Umm, I'm a plumber who is going from house to house all day, that my little Buddie is what a car charger is for! Please get over your battery issues and life for you will be soooooooo much better, and I'm not saying bigger is not better, I'm saying what is in there is in there, deal with it, not whine about it! :banghead:

Deal with it, yes that works! These manufacturers will get it eventually! Charging a phone for 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there is just insanity! It isn't 1987. We don't have to do that. I mean if there was no physical way to accomplish that then I get it, but to sacrifice usability for what they are saying is design, is crazy.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

Nevermind

Last edited by Adamd1169; 11-25-2012 at 10:05 PM.

It would seem that way for some. Especially for people that are crying, saying they need 3 hours of screen on time to watch YouTube.
    Thanked by:
    robbies7897 likes this.

8 hours on the evo?

You are one of those people that doesn't really use the phone.

I couldn't even get 2 this with that phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    It would seem that way for some. Especially for people that are crying, saying they need 3 hours of screen on time to watch YouTube.
    Nope, strictly biz my ninja. You don't know anything about that! Look I will bow out and leave you guys to defend a very poor decision to put a 2020 battery in a straight up beast mode phone. Keep buying, keep defending, and the manufacturers will keep making. Make sure you hang around outlets or buy your external battery packs, charge your phone for every 10 minutes you are near an outlet. It doesn't bother me one bit. I wanted the DNA, but will be just fine waiting for Motos quad core 1080p Maxx phone. I love their superior radios, build quality, and batteries. Most of all, I like the fact they chose to see the #1 problem plaguing mobile devices and do something about it. It is surprising to see so many people defend poor logic.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? and Markster1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Here

The Nottinator
    What is the total number of hours the screen was on?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    What is the total number of hours the screen was on?

About 3 1/2 hours.

The Nottinator
    Legalized Drug Dealer

I wanted the DNA, but will be just fine waiting for Motos quad core 1080p Maxx phone. I love their superior radios, build quality, and batteries.
    So does that mean you are leaving this forum section, off to complain elsewhere?

Cause that would be great.

kthxsbye
    -Matt

HTC DNA
    Thanked by 2:
    robbies7897, Wingznut and Jason_A like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    About 3 1/2 hours.

The Nottinator
    Just as i figured, you're a light user

Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by streetstrip01 View Post
    So does that mean you are leaving this forum section, off to complain elsewhere?

Cause that would be great.

kthxsbye
    oh no, ill hang for a bit!!! another thing that is funny:

you guys that are commenting about "power users" this and that. "this phone is not for you"........looking at the specs of this phone, it is specifically built for a power user!!!! who else would need quad core, 2GB RAM, 5" 1080P, etc. those are powerhouse specs, why stop at the battery?
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.

I love it how a smart phone can bring out the rage in everyone. In this corner,..."LESS FILLING!!!". In the other corner,..."TASTES GREAT!!!". Lol. What it boils down to people is this, If you got the phone, and it suits you in regards to they way you use it, then enjoy it. If it doesn't, then you can return it and wait for something that better suits you. My wife and I got the phone on Black Friday and so far, we are happy with it. We are not power users, but coming from T-bolts, anything is better. It's nice being out and about on 4g and the battery doesn't die in about 2hrs. All in all, it's a nice phone. I just hope on our 15th day of having the phones, we don't hear reputable leaks about "The DNA + II Ultra Super Power" with 3200mAh, 32gb internal coming at the end of the month....cause that would suck. LOL!
    Legalized Drug Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixone View Post
    I just hope on our 15th day of having the phones, we don't hear reputable leaks about "The DNA + II Ultra Super Power" with 3200mAh, 32gb internal coming at the end of the month....cause that would suck. LOL!
    My phone is insured....how about yours?
    -Matt

HTC DNA
    Legalized Drug Dealer

oh no, ill hang for a bit!!! another thing that is funny:
    You know what I think is funny?

Someone that has no intentions of ever getting a specific phone bombarding that forum with BS about how he hates the phone, it is not for him, people are crazy for wanting it, etc.

That's great, don't like it, don't get it.

In any account, leave us the hell alone, and leave this forum for constructive posts from actual users, not just some punk whose left hand is red everytime Motorola releases a new phone.
    -Matt

HTC DNA
    Thanked by 3:
    dnhclark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by streetstrip01 View Post
    My phone is insured....how about yours?
    LOL! It sure is...but I think if anything should happen to the phone, aka lost, stolen, abducted etc, they'll give you another DNA.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast