Real World Battery Use Results...

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
It would seem that way for some. Especially for people that are crying, saying they need 3 hours of screen on time to watch YouTube.

Nope, strictly biz my ninja. You don't know anything about that! Look I will bow out and leave you guys to defend a very poor decision to put a 2020 battery in a straight up beast mode phone. Keep buying, keep defending, and the manufacturers will keep making. Make sure you hang around outlets or buy your external battery packs, charge your phone for every 10 minutes you are near an outlet. It doesn't bother me one bit. I wanted the DNA, but will be just fine waiting for Motos quad core 1080p Maxx phone. I love their superior radios, build quality, and batteries. Most of all, I like the fact they chose to see the #1 problem plaguing mobile devices and do something about it. It is surprising to see so many people defend poor logic.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I wanted the DNA, but will be just fine waiting for Motos quad core 1080p Maxx phone. I love their superior radios, build quality, and batteries.

So does that mean you are leaving this forum section, off to complain elsewhere?

Cause that would be great.

kthxsbye

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
So does that mean you are leaving this forum section, off to complain elsewhere?

Cause that would be great.

kthxsbye

oh no, ill hang for a bit!!! another thing that is funny:

you guys that are commenting about "power users" this and that. "this phone is not for you"........looking at the specs of this phone, it is specifically built for a power user!!!! who else would need quad core, 2GB RAM, 5" 1080P, etc. those are powerhouse specs, why stop at the battery?

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I love it how a smart phone can bring out the rage in everyone. In this corner,..."LESS FILLING!!!". In the other corner,..."TASTES GREAT!!!". Lol. What it boils down to people is this, If you got the phone, and it suits you in regards to they way you use it, then enjoy it. If it doesn't, then you can return it and wait for something that better suits you. My wife and I got the phone on Black Friday and so far, we are happy with it. We are not power users, but coming from T-bolts, anything is better. It's nice being out and about on 4g and the battery doesn't die in about 2hrs. All in all, it's a nice phone. I just hope on our 15th day of having the phones, we don't hear reputable leaks about "The DNA + II Ultra Super Power" with 3200mAh, 32gb internal coming at the end of the month....cause that would suck. LOL!

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
oh no, ill hang for a bit!!! another thing that is funny:

You know what I think is funny?

Someone that has no intentions of ever getting a specific phone bombarding that forum with BS about how he hates the phone, it is not for him, people are crazy for wanting it, etc.

That's great, don't like it, don't get it.

In any account, leave us the hell alone, and leave this forum for constructive posts from actual users, not just some punk whose left hand is red everytime Motorola releases a new phone.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
You know what I think is funny?

Someone that has no intentions of ever getting a specific phone bombarding that forum with BS about how he hates the phone, it is not for him, people are crazy for wanting it, etc.

That's great, don't like it, don't get it.

In any account, leave us the hell alone, and leave this forum for constructive posts from actual users, not just some punk whose left hand is red everytime Motorola releases a new phone.

Nope, wrong again. I have never said I hate the phone or people are crazy for wanting it. I want it. I HAVE said people are crazy for defending the battery and to a lesser extent storage. Anyone who says the battery is fine, it will work, just have chargers with you everywhere you go, if you are going to be mobile bring a power pack with you, is stupid! It defies logic to not want more battery for a MOBILE phone. Also, I am actually not a huge fan of moto. I have always been an htc guy, until I bought a Maxx. They do build great phones with stellar radio and battery life. They are a little utilitarian for me. But you know what, I have no problem giving them my money. I don't feel cheated by incredibly consumer unfriendly decisions like the DNA.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope, wrong again. I have never said I hate the phone or people are crazy for wanting it. I want it. I HAVE said people are crazy for defending the battery and to a lesser extent storage. Anyone who says the battery is fine, it will work, just have chargers with you everywhere you go, if you are going to be mobile bring a power pack with you, is stupid! It defies logic to not want more battery for a MOBILE phone. Also, I am actually not a huge fan of moto. I have always been an htc guy, until I bought a Maxx. They do build great phones with stellar radio and battery life. They are a little utilitarian for me. But you know what, I have no problem giving them my money. I don't feel cheated by incredibly consumer unfriendly decisions like the DNA.

You love your Maxx. So go play over there. Seriously, its really annoying to keep reading your posts here. You really must have nothing better to do.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just as i figured, you're a light user

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Light user only on the weekend. I'm streaming thru Bluetooth weekdays and expect the battery to be dead around 5 or 6. I'm at 66% right now, off the charger at 8. It's actually doing better than I thought it would tho.

The Nottinator

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll try to make a productive post here (as an actual user) ;)

I've had my DNA since Wed. I'm a former Thunderbolt owner, so my expectations were relatively low. I have chargers all over the place - work, car, home, etc. It was a necessity with the TB, even with the extended battery. I've been forcing myself to not plug the DNA in, even though something innate in me keeps telling me to do it. I don't know what constitutes heavy usage, or rising to the ranks of the "power user", but I'd think I'm at least in the average "85% of Verizon customers" category. I do the normal things you'd do with a phone - send email, text, use GPS for navigation, web browse, watch youtube/netflix, stream Pandora, listen to music stored on the phone. I won't lie, it probably wouldn't have hurt my feelings if the phone had a bigger battery or SD card - I won't try to pretend that I DON'T want them. But obviously they're not there. And I'm fairly certain that getting a 3300mh battery in this thing would have made it huge, and that's something I DEFINITELY don't want. That said, I actually think this thing has excellent battery life. I can get up in the morning, unplug the phone at 6:30, make it through the work day using it as often as I like, and then plug it in when I get home after 5:00. Right now I'm at 56% charge after 8 hours off the charger. With my "normal" usage, I could easily not plug this back in until I go to bed tonight. I suppose if I wanted to watch 4 full length movies non-stop on it, I'd need to plug it in. Or if I was using it as navigation on a cross-country road trip. But that's a pretty rare occurance for me, and I have chargers available to top it off when I need to.

I have a feeling where people are getting thrown off the tracks is that this phone has every other bell and whistle, so why not also include a monster battery. That obviously wasn't the highest consideration when this phone was designed. Battery life from most every account is that it is at least comparable to most other phones in its class, with the exception of the Maxx phones. If battery life is number one concern, the Maxx phones are your option, and that's what you need to get (that or one of those little portable battery packs). But I don't think monster battery life is that huge of a concern for most people (and by "most people" I mean the masses that don't hang out on Android forums). The DNA is on par with the other phones in its class. It definitely isn't "considerably worse". I definitely wouldn't have wanted to spend an extra $100 for the phone just for a few more hours of battery life that I don't really need. It would be great if they made a "Maxx" version down the road for the folks that need that (and don't mind a bulky phone). But I still would have picked the standard version for $100 less.

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
x2 on the "as an actual user"

Coming from the T-Bolt, and I've had 3 other Android phones; Let me tell you, the battery performance on this phone is very good. I've had it since Friday and with moderate use (which I understand is subjective) I haven't even been below 50% at the end of the day yet. With this phone's new features and upgrades, it seems to run very efficiently. There really is more to battery life than just size.

To say it "was a travesty" that this phone did't come with a larger battery is a little dramatic and clearly shows lack of objectivity. It is very simple: If you don't think the phone will work for you, don't buy it. I can tell you, from experience, this phone is a very very good phone. If the Maxx with its larger battery works for you, keep it, but don't run down something that you have absolutely no real world experience with.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The maxx doesn't have the quality of screen this has nor does it have the camera.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 29% right now. Bluetooth from 8am to 5:30. Pleasantly surprised in battery life altho still getting note 2, know it will hold up for my wife.

The Nottinator